Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

See I originally thought it would be Invadr simply because Norse music would add to the theme and BGW could very easily go that extra step, BUT I also did not expect nearly as good of theming on Mystic Timbers so now I am kinda curious. I would love to have a special queue music for Mystic Timbers maybe a fantasy forest style of music, the occasional animal some crickets wind all of that can be amazing. 

Also it is a while away, but Haunt with Mystic Timbers is going to be amazing with the Fog and just the overall back woods feel. Even the entrance will be Crazy just in the dark with some fog rolling around.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

America seems to do just fine with the probably cheaper, pop songs unfortunately lol... remember all the theme songs thw coasters have had over the years? Baby Im ready to gooooooooo

Republica recorded Ready to Go in 1996 if you're referring to TTD....

• Like 3

Waiting for this Coaster has been pretty fun though, With all the pictures and information Kings Island has released, it made time go by faster. It's Crazy how fast time has flown. Mystic Timbers has changed from thisImage result for mystic timbers construction photos

to this MYSTICTIMEBRS.PNG

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Haru-Kun said:

Ok...I really have to chime back in here. I couldn't help analyzing the Twitter photo. I am in LOVE with the quality and also subtlety of the theming here. They really are going the extra mile on this one. Thoughts:

Red: Speakers. Not just in the queue - as would be expected - Not just in the queue but out in front of the entrance area itself. Interesting to see those horns right out in front like that. Those can get pretty loud. What will we hear?

Green: Quality theming. Little things like this evoke a smile and really make me appreciate the attention to detail.

Blue: No parking sign. Had to really zoom in for this one. The sign says "No Parking 2AM to 6AM". Could this be a nod to the fact that the ride will, as has been hinted, have a markedly different experience at night than during the day? ...Or is it just a piece of theming?

We'll know for sure in just a few short weeks!

(@KingsIslandSP)

I think the no parking sign is a nod to the truck "parked" right behind it. KI humor

• Like 4

4 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Republica recorded Ready to Go in 1996 if you're referring to TTD....

I still listen to that Republica record to this day. It is amazing from start to finish. One of the best techno-rock albums of all time IMO.

• Like 3

Kings Island was the more heavily themed of the 5 Paramount parks so I think that other parks can learn from them. They have always been really good at theming, even before the Paramount buy in the 90s- Adventure Express, the train, International Street, Rivertown, Coney Mall, Safari Village, Phantom Theater, etc. 

• Like 9

I was going to say 12 years isn't a long time, but that's also 12 years. (ISJC anyone? Now BLSC) It had plenty of themeing before CF took over and stripped it a little bit. Still plenty of themeing though on the ride.

Most rides lost their themeing once CF took over, now it looks like CF is attempting to return to themeing of rides. 

The Beast lurks near the Miami River Lumber Co.

• Like 8

This theming is fantastic, I'm definitely impressed.  Too bad they'll still be blaring Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Lady Gaga throughout Rivertown.  Now if we could only get the music to enhance the atmosphere of the various park sections, then we'd have it good.  Hopefully that change will come too.

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I'll be interested to see if Theme Park Review includes what's in the shed if they go when it opens.

They would be the ones to spoil it... 

Ryan, throwing shade at TPR..

• Like 11

This theming is fantastic, I'm definitely impressed.  Too bad they'll still be blaring Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Lady Gaga throughout Rivertown.  Now if we could only get the music to enhance the atmosphere of the various park sections, then we'd have it good.  Hopefully that change will come too.

I agree! Bluegrass and classic country music will fit perfectly with Rivertown, oldies music in Coney Mall, and fanfare music for International Street. Action Zone can keep the current pop music.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I agree! Bluegrass and classic country music will fit perfectly with Rivertown, oldies music in Coney Mall, and fanfare music for International Street. Action Zone can keep the current pop music.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think some Classical German music would work well in Oktoberfest aswell! (Or have they changed that since my most recent trip?:blink:)

Edited by shadow9542
Better wording
  • Like 5

As someone with a deep appreciation for imagination creating a unique theme and experience... I'm blown away by the early visuals.  They've sort of outdone themselves on this one.  Rivertown has become the best themed areas in the park (going way back).  Please, please, please don't ruin it with "pop" music; not unlike bright, cheerful videos in the Boo Hill line queue.  

Rivertown has: 

• The Beast
  • Diamondback (no all "Rivertown"... but close'ish)
  • Train
  • Whitewater Canyon
  • If not mistaken, Run for your life Charlie Brown is in Rivertown too... would be good for a "lumber/logging" retheme because it certainly "fits" with its new neighbor.  But since the entrance is decidedly Planet Snoopy possibly not.  
  • Mystic Timbers seems to pull it all together.

It seems really well done.  

• Like 13