Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

2 hours ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

As someone with a deep appreciation for imagination creating a unique theme and experience... I'm blown away by the early visuals.  They've sort of outdone themselves on this one.  Rivertown has become the best themed areas in the park (going way back).  Please, please, please don't ruin it with "pop" music; not unlike bright, cheerful videos in the Boo Hill line queue.  

Rivertown has: 

• The Beast
  • Diamondback (no all "Rivertown"... but close'ish)
  • Train
  • Whitewater Canyon
  • If not mistaken, Run for your life Charlie Brown is in Rivertown too... would be good for a "lumber/logging" retheme because it certainly "fits" with its new neighbor.  But since the entrance is decidedly Planet Snoopy possibly not.  
  • Mystic Timbers seems to pull it all together.

It seems really well done.  

What would also complete Rivertown would be to bring back The Beast watermill. That would be amazing!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Would also would complete Rivertown to bring back The Beast watermill. That would be amazing!

What would also help the area is something going in the place of The Crypt. (Or something done with the building.)

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, shadow9542 said:

What would also help the area is something going in the place of The Crypt. (Or something done with the building.)

I don't think that will be very long from now. Probably a dark ride in the Crypt building within the next couple of years.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Hopefully.. but I dont see it too soon as we are getting an attraction on this area of the park this year

Yeah, within the next 5 yr cycle, at least.

2018: Huss Flat Ride

2019:Planet Snoopy

2020:Flat Ride #2: Dark Ride in Crypt Blding.

2021:Soak City

2022:Giggity Giga

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

2018: Flat Ride

2020:Dark Ride

This seems very likely, but I do wish that we would get our giga sooner. But a good dark ride would be a very welcome addition in my eyes.^_^

• Like 3

This might be akin to KI blasphemy, but I have a feeling MT could give The Beast a run for it money when it comes to the best night rides. From what has been shown with the themeing, the ride being low to the ground and in the woods with not much light, and not to mention whatever is in the shed. I cannot wait for a mid-july ride at about 11:30pm or so.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

Hey, I love the Taylor Swift music! lol. But it would be nice to have music that fit the theme of Rivertown.

I think the only place where that music would be somewhat appropriate for Action Zone and Planet Snoopy (Mixed with original Peanuts music!) The other areas seem to have a theme that just doesn't gel with those songs and it really takes you out of the experience sometimes. Nothing like a walk through an old Rivertown without a good Lady Gaga song!:lol:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

What would also complete Rivertown would be to bring back The Beast watermill. That would be amazing!

Ahh. But the area is still incomplete. I think every  Rivertown along the river has a ghost story.... and KI needs a thrilling haunted mansion... and the big brown box would be the perfect place to put one.

• Like 6

2018: Huss Flat Ride
2020:Flat Ride #2: Dark Ride in Crypt Blding.

Oh i was talking more about needing to add new attractions to different areas of the park in successive years to help spread crowds more evenly
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Well, I'm hoping for a Huss Jump. I heard Cedar Fair had recently started working with Huss again. 

I don't mean to be rude, but where did you hear that? Everything I've seen indicates that a number of modern HUSS rides have disappeared from every Cedar Fair park except Canada's Wonderland, Valleyfair, and Kings Dominion within the last five years...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Oh i was talking more about needing to add new attractions to different areas of the park in successive years to help spread crowds more evenly

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I listed all of those places because they are spread out throughout the park, with the exception of not knowing where the Giga and next flat ride will go, although, I think the next flat ride will go somewhere in Coney or Action Zone, and the Giga will go in X-Base or Action Zone. This will leave a good 2-3 years of building new attractions at different points of the park before coming back to Rivertown for the Triotech dark ride in old the Crypt building. Of course, this is all conjecture and possible for none of it to happen, but I think there is a good chance.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I don't mean to be rude, but where did you hear that? Everything I've seen indicates that a number of modern HUSS rides have disappeared from every Cedar Fair park except Canada's Wonderland, Valleyfair, and Kings Dominion within the last five years...

Worlds of Fun 2017: Falcon's Flight (HUSS), Mustang Runner (HUSS Troika).

Carowinds County Fair 2017: HUSS Troika

Dorney Park 2017: Huss Troika

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upstop said:

Ahh. But the area is still incomplete. I think every  Rivertown along the river has a ghost story.... and KI needs a thrilling haunted mansion... and the big brown box would be the perfect place to put one.

We already had a haunted mansion.. er I mean "theater".... I miss the Maestro...

That "Big Brown Box" also takes up a ton of real estate that would be utilized, in my opinion anyway.

• Like 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe any of those were purchased directly from HUSS though. While it may signal their willingness to work more closely with them, it also may be that they took a good look at what models were most reliable before their European shopping spree. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Worlds of Fun 2017: Falcon's Flight (HUSS), Mustang Runner (HUSS Troika).

Carowinds County Fair 2017: HUSS Troika

Dorney Park 2017: Huss Troika

22 minutes ago, thekidd33 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe any of those were purchased directly from HUSS though. While it may signal their willingness to work more closely with them, it also may be that they took a good look at what models were most reliable before their European shopping spree. 

What thekidd33 said. Those are all older models, presumably from the searching CF did in Europe. The only one of those that is still offered on HUSS's website is the Condor (Falcon's Flight.) I'm not sure how involved with that process HUSS may or may not have been.

The more modern Top Spins from Worlds of Fun, Knott's, California's Great America, Kings Island, and Dorney Park have all removed within the last five years. And if you exclude ours since it was the only Giant Top Spin and therefore different, then you still have four Cedar Fair Top Spins that were removed during the off-seasons of 2015-16, 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2014-15, respectively.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I wish Kings Island did one 24/7 day per season like WDW did a few years ago. MT and The Beast at 3am? Yes, please! I'm sure there are reasons why this can't happen but a girl can dream!

That'd be cool. But I think from a financial point of view, they wouldn't even consider it as it means using a lot of power all day, every day. Plus there's the staffing, enough to keep the park in operation and generally most places offer a higher salary for night shift employees as an incentive. 

However, I would love it if the park had a few extra hours for 21 & up pass holders on weekend nights. Chiller temperatures. Less people in line. No teens. No children. Maybe a club scene of some sort somewhere in the park. Once again, I can dream...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

What thekidd33 said. Those are all older models, presumably from the searching CF did in Europe. The only one of those that is still offered on HUSS's website is the Condor (Falcon's Flight.) I'm not sure how involved with that process HUSS may or may not have been.

The more modern Top Spins from Worlds of Fun, Knott's, California's Great America, Kings Island, and Dorney Park have all removed within the last five years. And if you exclude ours since it was the only Giant Top Spin and therefore different, then you still have four Cedar Fair Top Spins that were removed during the off-seasons of 2015-16, 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2014-15, respectively.

Cedar Fair is listing HUSS as the manufacturer of the new flat ride additions to the aforementioned parks. Furthermore, the Condor 2G (Falcon's Flight) ride is listed on HUSS' website.  I was simply stating that I heard Cedar Fair was working with HUSS again, and because of this, I am hopeful this will be the start of more Cedar Fair-Huss projects in the future, therefore, yielding a possibility of KI getting a HUSS Jump flat ride. Whether or not HUSS has sold some of their designs, or is subbing their engineering/manufacturing/marketing process out to another firm(s), is besides the point here. You can "Top-Spin it" all you want :D, but Cedar Fair wouldn't mention HUSS in ANY WAY if they didn't want to restart or continue their business relationship with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KatieF said:

I wish Kings Island did one 24/7 day per season like WDW did a few years ago. MT and The Beast at 3am? Yes, please! I'm sure there are reasons why this can't happen but a girl can dream!

I believe the park is not allowed to operate Diamondback past a certain time, Noise complaints I think. I don't really remember though. But other than that, there are probably other reasons they cannot operate past a certain time.

• Like 4