Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

The 24 hour events at Disney were only for The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.  The other parks were closed.  From what I have read about 2015 had very low attendance.  No all night events occurred in 2016 and so far no signs one will occur in 2017.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I just really hope that fanfare/instrumental music comes back to International Street. 

I would love that, but I think we're stuck with the same songs that greet us at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, Wendy's, and Claire's. I mean, man, they even show that music video for Bastille's Pompeii, where the guy seems to be running from something. In my head, that's me, running from that song that is everywhere I go. 

I loved it, during the Paramount days, when the park would play, for example, the Addams Family film suite. Heck, not too long ago, they were still using music from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Independence Day for Adventure Express and The Beast. That's why I love the Halloween Haunt so much. You get to hear music from Poltergeist, Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and some sort of electric theme that I have never been able to figure out (it might have been arranged for the park?). It just adds so much atmosphere. 

• Like 8

I think 2022 makes the most sense for a B&m giga. I would put the station back behind Banshee in the old SOB area, then have an out and back layout behind FOF and Firehawk. That gives them 5 years to save up enough money and tie into the 50th season. 

As as for the big tan box, maybe they could theme the dark ride to an old mine shaft? Then they could still use some of the tomb raider theming at least in the queue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I would love that, but I think we're stuck with the same songs that greet us at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, Wendy's, and Claire's. I mean, man, they even show that music video for Bastille's Pompeii, where the guy seems to be running from something. In my head, that's me, running from that song that is everywhere I go. 

I loved it, during the Paramount days, when the park would play, for example, the Addams Family film suite. Heck, not too long ago, they were still using music from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Independence Day for Adventure Express and The Beast. That's why I love the Halloween Haunt so much. You get to hear music from Poltergeist, Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and some sort of electric theme that I have never been able to figure out (it might have been arranged for the park?). It just adds so much atmosphere. 

Some of the songs they play at the park are guilty pleasures of mine, however:P

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, shadow9542 said:

Some of the songs they play at the park are guilty pleasures of mine, however:P

I have never been one to stick to just contemporary music. Even in junior high, I loved music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and people were like "why?" That's why I love the music at The Racer. They still play classic rock there, right? I like variety. Not the same songs from Adele and Lorde played over and over and over and over and over again.  I hate to sound like a grouch or a generational snob. Actually, AC/DC and Ozzy have the same effect on me. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Very interested in the speakers on the oustide of the shed. Curious as to what they'll be used for.....

Maybe music. But mainly as a way for the driver to communicate to the train if it gets stuck or needs stopped before the shed. I'm curious if they will be stopping trains for cell phones, or do what BLSC does and just turn off the effects. 

• Like 4

I'm sure they don't. Or I'd even be happy with one Saturday a month with hours similar to Haunt. Aren't they open till 1?

edit: I hope people don't trash the shed. For example, throw stuff like hair bands, etc.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

I hope it wont be miserably hot in the summer

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No kidding. An enclosed wooden building in the summer sun had better at least have some fans to move the air or at best some sort of air conditioning for guest comfort.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

As as for the big tan box, maybe they could theme the dark ride to an old mine shaft? Then they could still use some of the tomb raider theming at least in the queue. 

Would CP work with Gerstlauer? A Euro-fighter like Mystery mine would fit PERFECTLY in Rivertown.

idk... if they could somehow squeeze a layout in and around the big tan box it might work. Not sure about the footprint tho.

• Like 5