Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Rivertown needs some sort of non-coaster attraction(s).  The area has 3 coasters, the train and WWC.   Get some flats in there somewhere.  

Something tells me we're either gonna see some new kiddie rides OR about 5 new flat rides either all around the park or in one location (ala Coney Mall)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KingsMills79 said:

Would CP work with Gerstlauer? A Euro-fighter like Mystery mine would fit PERFECTLY in Rivertown.

idk... if they could somehow squeeze a layout in and around the big tan box it might work. Not sure about the footprint tho.

Well CP doesn't own Kings Island, but Cedar Fair might put something in Rivertown. ;)

• Like 9

I drove past the park last night and can confirm I witnessed the ride cycling at around 8:00pm EST. It looks amazing & the back row looks to be an incredible experience on the first drop. SO excited for April 14th!

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I would love to see some classic flats put into Kings Island.

I'd love to see the return of an enterprise style ride along with a spinning tea cup ride.

In terms of modern flat rides, I think Canada's Wonderland has some of the best flat rides in the chain: Shockwave, Skyhawk, Sledge Hammer, and Soaring Timbers to name a few. 

• Like 11

I was thinking it would be a possibility seeing as the doors are on sliding tracks, but the doors seem to go further down than the track, and the side rail looks attached to the doors, so probably no closing door. However it still looks like its plenty dark enough inside for whatever waits us there.

Edit: It may even play into the whole day and night experience being different, I dont see any exterior lights so that will already change during the change in daylight.

• Like 4

There could also be a dark screen that will drop down to cover the entrance to the shed once the train enters. Have seen similar used on multiple coasters with drop track sections. So a similar set up could be used to block out light in the shed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpectralBeacon said:

I was thinking it would be a possibility seeing as the doors are on sliding tracks, but the doors seem to go further down than the track, and the side rail looks attached to the doors, so probably no closing door. However it still looks like its plenty dark enough inside for whatever waits us there.

Edit: It may even play into the whole day and night experience being different, I dont see any exterior lights so that will already change during the change in daylight.

Would be awesome if they slid shut, though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

As as for the big tan box, maybe they could theme the dark ride to an old mine shaft? Then they could still use some of the tomb raider theming at least in the queue. 

My idea is to get rid of the big box but keep the portion of ride queue submerged in the ground, and build a WhiteWater West SuperFlume with a haunted river theme. Look at Dollywood's Daredevil Falls as an example of this ride type. Make it go through the woods between The Beast and Diamondback and finish it with a large drop (60-70 ft tall). The theme could tie into Mystic Timbers, say the flume was the transport system for lumber cut by Miami Valley Lumber Co. Will it happen? Probably not, but it's a fun dream.

Oh yeah this is the MT thread. The shed looks good! :P

• Like 5

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I really want my first ride on MT to be in the back row but i really want a front seat ride at night.  I'm not if we would have enough time to do both on Friday though.  This time in two weeks I'll be at the park!!!

Me too I always need to ride both to compare but I bet it'll be too long of a line and they'll asign seats like they did with Banshee at the beginning.

• Like 2

Would be awesome if they slid shut, though.

Highly doubt the doors will shut. There would need to be a 3" gap in the track in order for the doors to do that. In the picture the track doesn't have a gap at all.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The link provided below is an updated video content supported by WLWT News 5 and the Kings Island media crew, there many photogenic scenes inclusive such as; the ride entrance, shed, station and train crossing areas to acknowledge a few. I recommend that you all take a peek at this article for Kings Island's newest attraction, Mystic Timbers.

You know all of this suspense raises the question of the Kings Island Funpix option, what could they look like? Perhaps riders will be seated in a Chevy C-10 Model truck becoming consumed in medusa-like vines and correlation to the story of #what'sintheshed. What do you all think the funpix photo options will be.....?

http://www.wlwt.com/article/sneak-peek-a-look-at-kings-island-s-newest-roller-coaster/9216500

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction
  • Like 10

The link provided below is an updated video content supported by WLWT News 5 and the Kings Island media crew, there many photogenic scenes inclusive such as; the ride entrance, shed, station and train crossing areas to acknowledge a few. I recommend that you all take a peek at this article for Kings Island's newest attraction, Mystic Timbers. In fact, this is the same video content followed by the link above which leads to the article. Here is a Youtube upload by WLWT News 5, which the Youtube software interface provides better video quality than that which is followed by the link above. Enjoy Folks!

Kings Island's newest attraction, 3,265 feet-long roller coaster, Mystic Timbers.

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Diction Correction
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, JCoaster25 said:

Wow! The theming for this ride is coming close to Busch Gardens level! It looks great!

i can tell you right now if Kinzel were still at the helm they would've just built the coaster and called it a day lol.

Very true! I'm so happy to actually see some theming on this ride, and hopefully it's showing what we'll possibly see in the future with other rides.

• Like 5

I really like the 'theming' too, but to nix the bins in order to speed things up (yea!) just to slow it down with closing doors or dropping screens seems a bit counter intuitive.

After all, after Friday night, we'll all know what's in there.  Right?

• Like 5