Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

To me, it sounds like they gave the themeing to the shed away, but they didn't set it apart the actual thing that will be in the shed. Why would KI post something like that if they knew they were giving away the shed's mysterious, and the most hyped part about this attraction? Doesn't make sense to me at all. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

To me, it sounds like they gave the themeing to the shed away, but they didn't set it apart the actual thing that will be in the shed. Why would KI post something like that if they knew they were giving away the shed's mysterious, and the most hyped part about this attraction? Doesn't make sense to me at all. 

Those illustrations might have been concepts that never came to be. However, if those illustrations were the final product they didn't really show much of anything. It was pretty obvious that the interior of the shed was going to have some lumber mill theme to it with vines and equipment. They wouldn't market #Whatsintheshed and blatantly reveal what's actually in the shed with two weeks left 'til opening day.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, upstop said:

From what was shown in the video, I'm hoping the same guys are hired to referb AE and BBOBH as well.

I hope so too. I was really surprised that KI decided on Daniels Wood Land but in the end I was happy they did. I think that the addition of Mystic Timbers will encourage some overhaul on some older themed attractions. I think Adventure Express and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad deserve a theming overhaul the most.  

• Like 9

I rewatched the Mystic Timbers Introduction/teaser video several times and I think I have figured out #WhatsInTheShed!  It will be a recreation of the Son of Beast.  The track will move and will be surrounded by giant video screens that give a 5D presentation of the former coaster.

The teaser video starts out in the area behind Banshee, where SOB was located.  The truck winds its way through the park and ends up at the station location.  I think there is much significance in where the video starts and ends.  That's why I think they are paying tribute to SOB in this way.

I think I watched the video one too many times.  It is amazing how the imagination works.  I don't really think this is #WhatsInTheShed, but it did enter my mind and my mind chased the rabbit trail!

• Like 7

Every one think that those interior elevations that the redwood guys were showing is the actual "shed" it could be possible for the transfer house, the shed, the loading station(lower level) etc. It could have been to throw everyone off....or maybe not.:wacko:

• Like 3

Check out the returning Tom & Chee food stand, new for 2017, located in close proximity to the entrance and exit areas of Diamondback. Tom & Chee looks to have flat screen projections for food menu visuals and a brick, red-paneled facade, click on the link below to see more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BScEdWaheU3/?taken-by=kingsislandpr&hl=en

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Was this the shooting gallery at the park?

3b6d3ebdcfc4f9d8ec50a083e1aac502.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I believe that is it. If you look at the inset in the top left you'll see the piano player that was in the gallery building. Rivertown had one too that opened around the time The Beast opened. At one time there was a shooting gallery right where Diamondbacks queue line is next to the Reds Grill. I think one would fit in back by The Beast queue. Maybe Mystic Timbers will have a motion sensitive shooting gallery in the shed? Chop chop?

• Like 3

Here is a night-view of Mystic Timbers' lift hill, train-crossing and station areas; After analyzing the 3,265 feet-long attraction at night, it's safe to conclude that a light package will not be inclusive on Kings Island's newest attraction with exception to the lighting in the station and on the lift hill. Hence, the wooded areas where the ride will traverse airtime hills, will be completely dark with minimal lighting from White Water Canyon's turn table area.

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction
  • Like 5

I have something to say.

I absolutely applaud the work done on this ride. My main takeaway is the interaction it has with the other rides. I've always had a love/hate relationship with interacting rides- I feel like I want to puke whenever I see Twisted Colossus and Goliath at Magic Mountain or BLSC and Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland. I always thought that interacting rides are forced and not really well thought out in attempt to conserve extra space. That isn't the case with this ride. Mystic Timbers interacts with the train and White Water Canyon in a way that feels natural, as if this ride was meant to be there. It doesn't take away from the ride experience of either the train or WWC, it enhances them! This coaster is the definitive example how rides SHOULD interact.

• Like 6