Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Check out the returning Tom & Chee food stand, new for 2017, located in close proximity to the entrance and exit areas of Diamondback. Tom & Chee looks to have flat screen projections for food menu visuals and a brick, red-paneled facade, click on the link below to see more.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BScEdWaheU3/?taken-by=kingsislandpr&hl=en

Yea I never tried the Grilled Cheese donut.... not too sure about that. Anyone have some input on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Yea I never tried the Grilled Cheese donut.... not too sure about that. Anyone have some input on it?

I had it from their normal restaurant near fountain square with bacon added. I thought it was great. The glaze from the donut just gets caramelized and crispy when grilled.

• Like 3

The queue line is great; the curvy part reminds me of Slaughter House's exit. Mystic Timbers is shaping up to be a really nice addition to the park; between the shed, themng and the ride itself, it seems KI is pulling out all the stops! 10 more days! :D

• Like 10

I can't tell if the lights are real or fake on the lead car.

Also, that queue reminds me off SOB's ramps going up from the switch-backs to the station but way flatter and better foliage.  I wonder if there'll be any KIC references in this queue...:rolleyes:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Melody said:

I had it from their normal restaurant near fountain square with bacon added. I thought it was great. The glaze from the donut just gets caramelized and crispy when grilled.

Mmmmm caramelized.... ok Im sold. Cant wait til Thursday!!!!

• Like 2

Loving the entry plaza/queue's look. Will be a great addition for that area. To really help wrap it together woudl love to see RHoFG get turned into a western/saloon themed restaurant, but know that is highy unliekly to happen.

• Like 5

I suppose the line will start somewhere near RFYLCB or near Surf Dog, or Boo Blasters or near Larosa's, on IStreet..... or just beyond the entry turnstiles. Any guesses? Maybe it will wrap around Lake Diamondback like Diamondback's opening day line did once upon a time.... lol

• Like 7

The in station snapchat of the sign seems to show they will really be cracking down on having your camera out, glad that KI is serious business about keeping the shed secret. As for the Queue, it looks fantastic, the guard rail outside is a really cool touch and once the plants start blooming and filling out its going to look fantastic!

(On the note of the lead cars having lights, it appears they are only decal lights.)

• Like 7

The in station snapchat of the sign seems to show they will really be cracking down on having your camera out, glad that KI is serious business about keeping the shed secret. As for the Queue, it looks fantastic, the guard rail outside is a really cool touch and once the plants start blooming and filling out its going to look fantastic!
(On the note of the lead cars having lights, it appears they are only decal lights.)

The no picture taking is the same rule/that has always been in place. I'm sure they're going to strictly enforce it since MT goes over WWC multiple times. I'm sure there will be netting, but I wouldn't want to get nailed by a flying phone or GoPro while in line for or riding WWC.

• Like 4

That's a shame... it would be amazing to see the headlights leading the train through the dark forest.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, shadow9542 said:

The queue is looking to be the one with the best theming at KI so far! I'm so happy that we finally have a good coaster with some great theming!

Banshee's a good coaster with some great theming too. lol just sayin. Banshee and MT are defiantly at a tie for best theming for a coaster for me.

• Like 4

^^To me, MT surpasses both Flight of Fear and Banshee when it comes to theme; from the lead car, the queue, entry plaza, the story behind the ride, "the shed", the interactions with KIMVRR and WWC, the reservoir crossing. Take all of that into consideration. And much like many other rollercoasters at KI, this one is sure to provide a spectacular night ride.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 9

What I like so much about the theme of MT is that the theme is really Kings Island itself.  The park has definitely has its own aura, and I don't really feel that it has been showcased much since the early years of the park.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, upstop said:

I haven't seen a test seat in any pictures. I hope it fits super sized rear ends.... like mine.... :blink:

My friend going with me preview night is also worried about this. Also I wonder if any rows have longer seat belts like Banshee (if it even has seat belts?) Or do these type of trains just have lap bars??

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Melody said:

My friend going with me preview night is also worried about this. Also I wonder if any rows have longer seat belts like Banshee (if it even has seat belts?) Or do these type of trains just have lap bars??

Here is a picture of Invadr that is made by the same company. I tried to contact the park on twitter to see if there would be a test seat available at any point, but haven't heard back. From what I've read online, GCI restraints are pretty forgiving. With Cedar Fair's priority on safety, I'm sure there will be a seat belt, but I have read that the belts aren't too terribly restricting. If you can ride things like The Beast/Racer, I think you should be more than OK on MT

https _uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com_20170405_7ac1b2a8c2d9d00256be5c3e5ee32f28.jpg

• Like 8

Mystic Timbers, capture my thoughts

and carry them away

Nature seems to grow

In a supernatural way

Mystic Timbers, under very few lights

Just a canopy of stars

We blast on through the night

Towards the mystery shed afar....

Who can tell me the song that inspired my lyrics?

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Mystic Timbers, capture my thoughts

and carry them away

Nature seems to grow

In a supernatural way

Mystic Timbers, under very few lights

Just a canopy of stars

We blast on through the night

Towards the mystery shed afar....

Who can tell me the song that inspired my lyrics?

From a fellow Rush fan that would be "Mystic Rhythms".

• Like 5

Wow, so it's looking like it's going to be one GREAT weekend.

86be3afecb500205c68e354bc849a4d8.jpg

Perfect park weather, a brand new and extremely promising ride, and a bunch of good people from KI Central will be there as well. Just think in one week and around 7 hours we will be making our way through the gate and making a right turn to travel into Rivertown to ride the anxiously awaited Mystic Timbers! I have a feeling this will be a long week.

• Like 9