Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

This has probably been discussed, but I've never been accused of reading all posts in a particular thread.  The fact that the web-cams have been "off" for a while now... anyone suspect that they are concealing some change happening prior to opening day?  I've suspected the demise of the Tomb Raider building was happening- but that's probably a long shot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

This has probably been discussed, but I've never been accused of reading all posts in a particular thread.  The fact that the web-cams have been "off" for a while now... anyone suspect that they are concealing some change happening prior to opening day?  I've suspected the demise of the Tomb Raider building was happening- but that's probably a long shot.

One would only hope they would get rid of that building.

• Like 4

Maybe it's to conceal the decorating and other preparations for the 45th anniversary to give everyone a nice surprise opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The Kings Island snapchat has been updated with video of Don talking about MT multiple times. Views of the station, mid course tunnel, and white water with water can be seen! As well as a little bit of the shed from far away. Looks like things are starting to wrap up!!

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

What exactly does that red sign say in the queue? I couldn't make it out?

They're really pushing the "no pictures or videos" for mystic timbers, especially considering that MT interacts with the two other rides, it could be dangerous to drop things on other riders of the other rides. 

• Like 3

"The taking of pictures and video while riding is strictly prohibited at Kings Island.

Guests taking pictures or video while riding this attraction may be asked to leave the park with no refund and given a Misdemeanor under O.H.C. 1711.551. Thank you!"

While i'm not sure if that exact wording has been used elsewhere in the park (im aware of no pictures or video on ride signs) this one seems to be much more serious. (Which is a good thing considering how often you hear guests being told on The Racer to put cameras and phones away)

• Like 3

Yes, It has been used elsewhere. Ride Operators speak up if they see something you're not aloud to be doing...

1711.551 states that "that riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding this ride and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others." As stated in the Laws and Rules Governing Amusement Rides in Ohio

While it is not illegal per-say to film on roller coasters or other amusement rides in the park, The park states that it does not want guests to be filming on rides (No matter what it is...) Unless it's the Eiffel Tower or the KI&MV Railroad. So basically it is a law. 

I think it's become a more serious problem, due to the fact that guest do not realize how slippery their phone or recording device is when you're plummeting down a 215ft drop at 80mph. Or even on simpler rides, Beast is bumpy, phone can fall out of their hands and so on... I can go on and on with every single ride as to how your device can slip out of your hand. (Mystic Timbers, because of the air time hills that are sudden and everywhere, Unexpecting hill can lead to a phone being dropped into WWC.) 

Please! If you've never been to KI and you want to share memories, Do it on a pathway, not on a ride. 

• Like 5

Not to mention that King's Island has done some 360 pov's so you can actually just pull up a video and rotate it to where you want to show people. If I do keep my phone on my person it is always in pockets with either zippers or multiple buttons, I have seen enough horror stories from El Toro. As for MT, the pov tease that we saw made me even more excited, possibly the smoothest wood coaster I have ever seen, plus it looks like the forces are gonna be great.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2017 at 11:16 AM, CoasterOhio said:

Dwight_Schrute

Acknowledged.  But by the time the webcams come back on, theoretically people will have already roamed the park and witnessed/posted first hand.  I'm not claiming to know something more than just a suspicion.  I'm probably wrong.  But...

• Like 1

Hello, this is my first post here but i would like to inform those that are interested that i was reading the guide for disabilities on Kings Island website and there is information under https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/17 Feb 7 826am KI17-091 guest assist guide.pdfer about the ride info. One thing that caught my eye, was the interesting fact that there will be strobe lighting?! also if you or someone needs wheelchair assistance there will be a lift available like when you would use Banshees lift. you may click the link provided to read more just thought that was interesting!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RyanInc said:

Hello, this is my first post here but i would like to inform those that are interested that i was reading the guide for disabilities on Kings Island website and there is information under https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/17 Feb 7 826am KI17-091 guest assist guide.pdfer about the ride info. One thing that caught my eye, was the interesting fact that there will be strobe lighting?! also if you or someone needs wheelchair assistance there will be a lift available like when you would use Banshees lift. you may click the link provided to read more just thought that was interesting!

Anywhere that has an onride photo has strobe lighting

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CedarPointer said:

It had them during the Starlight Spectacular era on the back, not sure if they're still there or not.

I hope they are still there, they were always a good addition to the light package.

• Like 2