Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

38 minutes ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

Hmm. Interesting, well.....the mid-course tunnel mystically seems to be complete, it looks rather interesting to say the least. The mid-course tunnel can be seen in the link provided below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSowcJxDNcY/?tagged=whatsintheshed

The tunnel seems shorter than it seemed it would be in the Rendered POVs, maybe they still have a little more to add to it??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imperial79 said:

How did that person get permission to take that photo and put it on their Instagram?  I think this might be against the rules on KICentral if its not from the park.

If you look at the caption, you'll see they credit Kings Island.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

How did that person get permission to take that photo and put it on their Instagram?  I think this might be against the rules on KICentral if its not from the park.

It looks like it was a screen shot from a snap chat a few days ago.

• Like 2

I must admit, it seems as though Kings Island has well-invested in the revitalization of the Rivertown area for the last couple of years; adding new games, modern food stands such as Soccer Challenge and Rivertown Funnel Cake and now a new attraction, Mystic Timbers. The new Coca-Cola refresh station is part of the new food and beverage select options for 2017, and let's not forget about the Tom and Chee food stand which is also new this year and is expected to greet famished guests on April 15.

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction
  • Like 11

32 minutes ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

I must admit, it seems as though Kings Island has well-invested in the revitalization of the Rivertown area for the last couple of years; adding new games, modern food stands such as Soccer Challenge and Rivertown Funnel Cake and now a new attraction, Mystic Timbers. The new Coca-Cola refresh station is part of the new food and beverage select options for 2017, and let's not forget about the Tom and Chee food stand which is also new this year and is expected to greet famished guests on April 15.

The focus on Rivertown has really added so much to the park, in terms of atmosphere and it's a really good sign that we might see similar things coming to other areas of the park.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shadow9542 said:

The tunnel seems shorter than it seemed it would be in the Rendered POVs, maybe they still have a little more to add to it??

This was a capture from the park's Snapchat. Tha'ts my fault for not clarifying it. I had cropped the image to show the shed. 

Thursday needs to hurry up for the First rider event! Also I like that more refill stations are popping up around the park but they start to make me think "Why haven't we got free drinks like Holiday World" but I know that would bring down income on drinks (i think).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I almost thought they replaced RT LaRosa's with that for a moment, then I realized there is a set of games between that and the games building that faces diagonally. 

I was thinking the same thing at first too, then remembered there was a water gun game booth there.

• Like 3

I'm really happy with the progress made in Rivertown. Everything's accessible and the whole section is more guest friendly. 

I really hope work is done along the pathway between Diamondback and BLSC. More rides, a redo on Paradise Island, maybe even a sign and additional theming.

• Like 4

For those that don't get the Enquirer I found a way to download and attach a pdf of the Mystic Timers part of the article from my E-Subscription. Interesting read...

credit goes to the article author Shauna Steigerwald of Cincinnati Enquirer

The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_(Hamilton_County)_20170409_D06_0.pdf

EDIT: If you can't see it I added a screenshot a few posts down below this

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

What if I can't make it to opening weekend? Will this site police "what's in the shed?" or will I just have to not log on here until I do ride it?

47 minutes ago, shark6495 said:

I hope it doesn't police. Just let discussions go where they go. If you don't want to know avoid certain topics and ride the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@malem @IndyGuy4KI @CoastersRZ @Dane What are the plans for shed spoilers?

• Like 5

I say April 15th is fair game and spoiler tags for at least the first 3 weeks of operation. IMO its gonna be on social media April 14th anyway so it will be hard to police. If you really don't want to know then just go off the grid because it will be everywhere.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I would hope folks would be courteous enough to use the spoiler tag.

Once it's public, it's hard to police and say don't share that. 

Usually with the coasters, the mystery is "What's it like to ride?" But Mystic Timbers does have a genuine mystery to it, which has been a HUGE part of the marketing for the ride, and I'm sure KI, who has a presence on this board, would like that allure to exist for at least a few days past opening day. I think, at the very least, as far as this forum goes, maybe there can be just a "Spoilers! What did you think of the shed?" thread for a few days. 

• Like 10