Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

What I plan on doing, which most people should do. Is that I'm going to attempt to avoid any contact with anything Kings Island related until Sunday when I go to the park. My first ride will be Mystic Timbers, bright and early in the afternoon! (Since park opens at 12pm)

Until then. I just have to be extra careful. Especially since I work that Friday, so I need to be extra careful that people don't talk at first about it.

• Like 6

On 4/6/2017 at 7:53 PM, presto123 said:

Mystic Timbers, capture my thoughts

and carry them away

Nature seems to grow

In a supernatural way

Mystic Timbers, under very few lights

Just a canopy of stars

We blast on through the night

Towards the mystery shed afar....

Who can tell me the song that inspired my lyrics?

Here is another look at the Mystic Timbers trains from inside the station area, it appears as though Cedar Fair strict safety policies has deterred the Millennium Flyer trains with no use of seat belts such as Invadr's Millennium Flyer trains at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The trains for Mystic Timbers carries out that rustic, abandoned look, the specific train in the depiction is a brightened-teal color.  If you would like to see more, click on the link below to see the Mystic Timbers train inside the station area 6 days away from opening day, April 15. If this picture was taken 6 days away from opening day, that would calculate out to roughly 2 days ago from today. Here is the link below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSqoNtAAXZx/?tagged=whatsintheshed&hl=en

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction
  • Like 2

I would say that Mystic Timbers' entrance is between 95-100% complete for opening day, April 15. The construction crew for Kings Island's new attraction has done commendable work completing the construction phases from the 53.7 degree, 98.0 feet curved drop, lagoon-passing conveniently making use of a wooden frame on steel trusts, conserving a number of trees to maintain a forestry feel and so forth. If I'm recalling this correctly, there was a brief discussion prior, regarding the functionality of the headlights of the Chevrolet C-10 Model truck at the entrance of the queue area for Mystic Timbers, well, it appears as though the headlights are functional. Here's a look at the working headlights of the C-10 Model truck, the link is provided below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSraxxpgPA2/?tagged=mystictimbers

This is sure to add an unique riding experience at night from the entrance of the queue, ride and shed experiences. I think that Mystic Timbers could be the "Maverick" of Kings Island. Who else feels this way? Personally, I think the Banshee will still have the favorable night-ride experience, that is where I will begin and end my allotted Kings Island visits each visit this season.

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Punctuation and Diction Correction

I'm with you, Quantum.  I think it is going to be a crowd favorite.  I still think it will be in the running as the most popular coaster at the park.  

In a way, I feel bad for The Beast and The Racer, because they are about to get compared to a modern wooden coaster.  I remember my view of both The Beast and Racer changed a lot after I went to Holiday World for the first time to ride Raven and Legend.

• Like 3

Beast will be fine as it is legendary for night rides. I do think though the vast majority of people who ride Mystic Timbers will turn away from some of the old woodies as they will seem a lot more rough after riding MT

• Like 1

Exactly.  The Beast was the ride that got me hooked on roller coasters when I first rode it back in October of 1995.  Little did I know how much that one ride would shape the rest of my life.  I even met my beautiful wife because of that fateful ride.

• Like 6

I feel like it will be really tough to tell which coaster is the best at the park now. Beast is a legend with phenomenal night rides, Banshee is one of the best inverts there is (to most people anyway), Diamondback is arguable the best B&M hyper, and Mystic Timbers looks to be one of the best GCIs. Each coaster gives such a different experience it'll be almost impossible to compare them!

The good thing about this is there are now 4 great coasters at the park that can all have a leg in the race for best. Some parks don't even have a single coaster or only have one that could be comparable to these four! TBH, Cedar Fair has done a great job with KI since taking over. Three world class coasters with the high probability of more in the future, not to mention all the other great attractions and overall improvements to the park!

The only downside was the closing of SoB, but there really was no way around it . Hopefully MT will help fill the void left in my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3