Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Ohhhhhhhh man.

That audio outside the shed gives me straight goosebumps. Oh my gosh.

There's a chance this might become my new favorite coaster. There's more to see and experience before that becomes official, but that kind of detail is setting my bar very high. I might die of anticipation between now and me riding it.

Side note: it sounds like there's audio on the lift hill, too? Can't make it out, though.

I think the lift audio is warning that video and phone use is prohibited, but they are doing so in a way that is consistent with the themeing, which is incredible!

• Like 4

A mod did request in a similar thread that out of respect for those that still want to view this forum, without worrying of spoilers, that we use spoiler tags for anything that could remotely spoil the ride and/or the shed. We should respect those wishes, however your safest bet if you do not want to know anything, is to completely get off here and social media in general. I have a feeling tomorrow it will be told at some point, somewhere. 

• Like 1

Just watched the POV and all I can think is how beautiful this thing would be if Kenton's Cove was still there and the view from that first drop was the forested lake just beyond the train tracks. Right by the splashdown. I know DB would have probably stomped on that if TR hadn't, but man that would be pretty. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, diamonbackandbeastlover said:

Most of the time, during training associates don't ride. It's usually just empty trains being cycled. 

I rode Diamondback while it was in the testing phase as well as IJ:ST before it opened while I was an associate at the park.  

• Like 1

Thoughts on the POV

When the train left the station, I heard some music going on in the station... Possibly more themeing, soundtrack to Mystic Timbers it looks like? 

As the train was going up the lift hill, I noticed the jerking motion, almost like Adventure Express's lift hills. During the audio at that time, I can't hear too much. I heard "Take that truck..." at one point, as well as "Keep your head back..." <-- I think, then when the train slows down suddenly, I hear "Don't.. Go in... the shed!" 

First drop looks absolutely amazing, just like Banshee.. With the second hill coming in the trains looks out of control as it hits the two airtime hills at both ends The hill over the lagoon looked a little bit tough, ride wise, but the floater airtime at this moment will be great.

Speeding through the Quadruple S-turn into the tunnel looks like nonstop speed and airtime hitting you every minute. You might get a good back-pop during this moment The tunnel feels a little bit under-themed, but I don't mind that too much since there is so much themeing already!

The return trip looks really great.. I think a lot of people were really misjudging the ride when it first happened... 

"This a restricted area. Don't go in the shed, This is a r-r-r-r-restricted area, m-m-(?), This is a- Don't go in the restrict- Go in the shed, go in the shed, go in the shed"

• Like 2

This whole time I was thinking it had to be like saw blades coming at you in the shed and the speakers playing the saw whirring noise from the announcement. Now with the speakers being distorted like that breaking up the warning it makes me think alien abduction. Like how in movies when you're in a car (or truck) the radio does that and also the working headlights could flicker out and go dark. But we already have one alien themed coaster hmmmm lol...?

Super excited for preview day! The audio before the shed sounds great, and i love the eerie light coming out. (i bet it will look amazing at night). The only thing i'm wondering now is if being in the station will give away the shed since the big secret will be right to the side of you before boarding. Im gonna be at the part with a friend so we will have to keep distracted from the sounds and returning riders. 

Side note, maybe i'm just hearing things but the shed warning sounds a bit like Don :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoasterKyle1121 said:

Is it me, or does the video seem to skip a little at the 2:00-2:01 mark?

Definitely a jump cut. TPR's video that they posted this morning does the same thing, so there must be something that happens outside the shed or you see something in the shed when you're stopped on the brake run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I'm surprised this place isn't blowing up this morning. Is there another thread that I'm missing? I'm expecting some really strong responses to the shed based on the vids that I've seen online this morning. 

Seriously. Is everyone at the park right now?

• Like 1

Someone on Facebook is claiming that Jeff Pike, not Adam House, designed Mystic Timbers. My question is did Jeff Pike leave GCI before Mystic Timbers was initially in the beginning designing stages? Here's the link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209175636728331&id=1242644788

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So as media day is winding down and the first rider event coming up later tonight I wanted to share this picture. As many of you know, I work at the park. Mystic Timbers to be exact and I'm also trying to get into the Industry. While some stuff has been going on, Adam House (pictured on the right) (lead designer for Great Coasters International) was kind enough to answer some of my questions that I had about how to get into the industry, some other GCI's that are new for this year and older ones from the past, asking who I post as on KICentral and even taking this picture with me! So as everyone gets a ride on Mystic, I just want to say thank you Adam House for taking some time and answering some of my questions and showing me the right way to get into the industry!

Adam House Picture.jpg

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Someone on Facebook is claiming that Jeff Pike, not Adam House, designed Mystic Timbers. My question is did Jeff Pike leave GCI before Mystic Timbers was initially in the beginning designing stages? Here's the link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209175636728331&id=1242644788

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GCI worked with Jeff on some of the design work, but Adam from GCI was the senior engineer over MT. 

• Like 3