Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I know capacity would lack but, what if it was a launch backwards and there was no drop or show? I know it's a stretch but just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure how long that would last before it got shut down due to whiplash lawsuits. 

As RollerNut mentioned, Dollywood's Firechaser Express seems to be operating fine after nearly three full seasons...

• Like 4

Just wanted to share some photos from the train. I think we can rest asured the train wont be altered; the track definitely seems high enough to cross.. and leaving the station should be the lower part.

726b855e6f0389a0ce7a2e039b04f10a.jpg690bb98c2b3ac93c63390e0d3dc7aae7.jpg6f698bfcff1ebffdf362d34faa6ed9f9.jpg

EDIT: we also have a closer idea of how the supports will touch the lagoon. Really tall footings!

5c0ac707e80246bc883e9ad25481d9dc.jpg

047666fa9f7d4efdfa4556e6a9eb0f8f.jpg

• Like 21

^I bet it'll be a hybrid of sorts. The tall footers will probably support large horizontal I-Beams, and the wooden bents will be bolted to those. This way crews don't have to pour as many footers in the ground. The Raven at Holiday World uses this method for its lake turn.

• Like 7

I think they are going to build a stack of bents first. If you can see the top of the bent the angle is nearly flat, and it would be difficult to support a single tall bent with out it swaying or the support of other bents already in place.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I filmed a construction update yesterday that I'm considering posting. I filmed through the crack in the fence, so I don't know if this would upset the park.

It wouldn't upset the park. The fence isn't hiding anything. It's just there to keep guests out at this point. Even when MT wasn't announced yet, it wasn't hiding anything as the train gives the better view.

• Like 5

I think they are going to build a stack of bents first. If you can see the top of the bent the angle is nearly flat, and it would be difficult to support a single tall bent with out it swaying or the support of other bents already in place.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Your right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a shed theory.

With it being close to the train, I could see doing an Adventure Express style ending with a Blazing Fury style illusion, where there shed is kept pitch black and there's a brightening light and train sounds kind of mimicking an oncoming train and then the lights in the shed come on for some sort of surprise.  The actual train is already blowing its whistle as its approaching the station at the point it'll be rolling under MT.  

I think it'll revolve around the KI&MVRR in some way. 

• Like 7

I have a shed theory.

With it being close to the train, I could see doing an Adventure Express style ending with a Blazing Fury style illusion, where there shed is kept pitch black and there's a brightening light and train sounds kind of mimicking an oncoming train and then the lights in the shed come on for some sort of surprise. The actual train is already blowing its whistle as its approaching the station at the point it'll be rolling under MT.

I am confused about this. Wouldn't that require the actual train interval to match the coaster interval?
  • Like 1

yes, so it would never happen.  Put aside the timing aspect of it, which would require the train to leave the station at precise  intervals w/ no regard to who is seated (which is not going to happen), but that would also require either very slow dispatch times on Mystic Timbers, or losing the effect on a large majority of the rides.  I don't know how often the train currently intervals, but lets say its every 10 minutes, which seems reasonable based upon my past experiences, though I'll admit I've never timed it.  Each train on MT holds 24 passengers IIRC.  That would allow for 6 trains, or 144 passengers per hour, which would lead to extremely long lines and very angry customers.

Unlike NJFTP, these 2 rides may be located next to each other, but they are not going to going to cycle one ride based upon the other.

• Like 4

I have a shed theory.

With it being close to the train, I could see doing an Adventure Express style ending with a Blazing Fury style illusion, where there shed is kept pitch black and there's a brightening light and train sounds kind of mimicking an oncoming train and then the lights in the shed come on for some sort of surprise. The actual train is already blowing its whistle as its approaching the station at the point it'll be rolling under MT.

I am confused about this. Wouldn't that require the actual train interval to match the coaster interval?

I meant just for theming since it arbitrarily going over the train.  Having the train roll under would be a bonus. 

Methinks we'll be seeing a few bents/supports go up this week.  

• Like 3