stashua123

Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

ummm I think we got off topic................

lol

I really wish Kings Island posted more about MT since we can't see much :ph34r:

• Like 6

I hate to put it his way, but unless the interior reflects those extents of theming done to the outside, its kinda out of place. 

• Like 9

lol

i agree, you would think they would update the construction photos on their webpage at LEAST once every 2 weeks tops.

lol

i agree, you would think they would update the construction photos on their webpage at LEAST once every 2 weeks tops. .

They are adding pics to Twitter the most. It makes the most sense, most people are on social media sites daily. Bigger audience to hit. You can follow them here:  https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR

Track by the train shead.

CzC0-kdXAAAcF7B.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzC0-kdXAAAcF7B.jpg:large

• Like 11

lol

i agree, you would think they would update the construction photos on their webpage at LEAST once every 2 weeks tops. 

I posted a link to a new Twitter image directly above this post. They also posted it on Instagram and have been posting updates on a fair basis via social media, as IndyGuy4KI says.

I'd guess other than a few enthusiasts, the actual website doesn't get many views. I myself have only got on once or twice since the announcement and it was only to look at renderings. I rely on the webcams and social media for construction.

• Like 4

The post they made yesterday was the first one in awhile though. Idk, the past 2 weeks I've gotten on briefly just to check but had to get off within under a minute.

I do look at the webcam every day,that's for sure! So at least we have that....

• Like 2

I am anxious to see how close we will get to the track while riding the train next season! Especially by the train houses and WWC.

• Like 5

I am anxious to see how close we will get to the track while riding the train next season! Especially by the train houses and WWC.

Same here. I think I'll be riding WWC more now with Mystic Timbers being there. Plus, we'll get amazing views of it in the queue line as well.

• Like 4

i keep hoping they will post several pics at a time of the different areas of construction. i.e. the turnaround, the crossover at the train tracks, the station and the approach to it....and especially the bridge over the lake. I mean i'm happy to see anything but just one pic at a time every few days just isnt enough for me. LOL

• Like 4

^i agree, pics of the lift and second hill i have had my fill with on this build, i want to see the rest of it. 

• Like 5

We will probably see a FunTV 6 minute video in the queue lines about how the ride was built starting the next season.

• Like 7

I wanted to give a little bit of an update to Mysti.

At this current step of time, they're currently working on the break run and #whatsintheshed area. 

2d3694139e7ab3a353937c9cd3109b7e.png
Photo is zoomed in via DB Webcam.

• Like 9

Does anyone ever wonder what other companies may have our haven't designed different proposal coasters to KI before they chose GCI?

I wonder what other possibilities there could have been

• Like 4

In this instance I would bet they knew who they wanted to go with. They might not have taken any other proposals? Total guess on my part.

• Like 5

They had mentioned this is was being proposed since Prowler beat Diamondback for best new ride of 2009, so I imagine that they were pretty set on GCI from the beginning. I'm actually pretty happy with GCI, they are great traditional wood coasters and often are much more intense then people would think just by looking at stats.

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2HEvuh4D-/?taken-by=kingsislandpr for a pic of a WWC crossing.

• Like 8

I think Mystic Timbers will kinda be like a much more intense Adventure Express. I really am looking forward to riding. :)

• Like 2

That image is right in the area where it flies over WWC.  The trough is filled in currently for construction access.  The portion of the ride structure on the right is by the train tracks.  You can barely make out the train tracks beyond the structure.  The train would be approaching the photographer of the picture and moving out of frame to the right.

• Like 4

Ugh... Now that my Platinum Pass is confirmed I'm super excited for opening day for KI and CP. Mystic Timbers is looking absolutely incredible... 

Also super excited because my family will be going to Toronto over the summer and a certain park owned by CF resides there with a giga.

• Like 5