Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

So the queue will go under the track just after the shed. According to the scale of the plans the "shed" is the secondary piece, not the storage shed that people immediately assume, and the whole train should barely be able to sit in that room, maybe peaking from the back slightly. Every row should have an unobstructed view of what's in the slightly extended part of the building. (if you didn't notice from the original render animation, the shed extends slightly further that the following tunnel that brings you back to the station)

So things straight ahead as you enter, and things to your right has potential for effects. 

I hope the people getting off won't spoil the surprise by talking about what they just experienced. This is the kind of thing where having a separate exit station would've been handy in terms of first-time experience~

• Like 5

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

So the queue will go under the track just after the shed. According to the scale of the plans the "shed" is the secondary piece, not the storage shed that people immediately assume, and the whole train should barely be able to sit in that room, maybe peaking from the back slightly. Every row should have an unobstructed view of what's in the slightly extended part of the building. (if you didn't notice from the original render animation, the shed extends slightly further that the following tunnel that brings you back to the station)

So things straight ahead as you enter, and things to your right has potential for effects. 

I hope the people getting off won't spoil the surprise by talking about what they just experienced. This is the kind of thing where having a separate exit station would've been handy in terms of first-time experience~

I fear this might happen.

• Like 6

I think with Ride Operators announcing safety spiels over the microphone, it'll probably drown out people talking from the exit. Plus with (I think) The plan of having no-bins in the Station will limit the option of guests hearing. You'd probably have to really listen.

You have the train right next to the station. Diamondback's first drop isn't far away.... Ride Operator talking? You're probably not going to hear a whole lot.

• Like 6

The type of foam ear plugs usually used in factories actually allow human speech frequencies through better than ambient noise, so it may make it /easier/ to hear spoilers :)

I've pretty much given up on the notion I may be able to go into the shed without already knowing what is in there. Unless I happen to get invited to media day, which is a vanishingly small chance.

I'm very excited for the ride itself, and much less so whatever is in the shed. I'm sure whatever it is will be interesting to me, but will also disappoint some others. I plan to remember the root of the word "enthusiast" and have fun regardless. 

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

The type of foam ear plugs usually used in factories actually allow human speech frequencies through better than ambient noise, so it may make it /easier/ to hear spoilers :)

I've pretty much given up on the notion I may be able to go into the shed without already knowing what is in there. Unless I happen to get invited to media day, which is a vanishingly small chance.

I'm very excited for the ride itself, and much less so whatever is in the shed. I'm sure whatever it is will be interesting to me, but will also disappoint some others. I plan to remember the root of the word "enthusiast" and have fun regardless. 

I feel the same way. I am much more excited for the ride itself  then what's in the shed. If it's something cool ,it will be a bonus. The 16 airtime hills and the overall setting of the ride is what I'm looking forward to the most.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

^ It's the Kind of Kings Island we know and love, not plopping a RMC everywhere, or just a ride anywhere without any thought of nostalgia. I'm looking at you SIX...

I'm looking at you, BLSC, Diamondback, Crypt, and loud pop music on I-Street!  :lol:

• Like 13

On 1/13/2017 at 7:34 AM, gforce1994 said:

Mamut in Tipsdrill has a show scene at the end.

Oh!, I never saw a POV with the beginning show for some reason till now! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

****Having a wooden coaster END in a dark ride show separates it from all other coasters already   :P

• Like 5

I think an unload station similar to how they run FoF would definately help hide the suprise, but it won't stop the general public from blabbing whats in the shed as soon as the first few trains get back. In that case, I almost do want to see 1 station with hopefully a louder speil and/or station music to cover any rider noise, but I think our best option to keep things a suprise is to get there as early as possible opening day and keep ourselves distracted somehow until we are able to ride....

As for the ride itself, great to see it coming together so quickly, even though its hard to make out anything past the 2nd drop from those amazing webcam views.

• Like 5

As a few have already said, it's essentially standard water line for the station......Diamondback has a water line running to it, in fact there generally is a garden hose towards the back of the station on the unload side. 

It likely will be hooked up to the main water lines. 

Also think of the location, it's not too far from RFYLCB. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Also think of the location, it's not too far from RFYLCB. 

That is the only thing that is really confusing me. But I understand the process as to why they wouldn't hook up the waterline from there (Filtered Water Vs. Unfiltered Water for Water Ride purposes. 

• Like 2

Although I don't want to be told before I ride, once a few trains come through it will be all over social media and talked about across the park.

I agree.... I'm hoping for many different endings myself. Especially since it would increase ridership to see what comes next. I'm hoping animatronics, mist, videos, soundtracks and something new. Maybe something motion activated (chopping out branches with your hands or defeating a "boss" villain as a group effort.) I'm sure whatever it is, it will certainly be something to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5