Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

8 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Gwazi? Oh wait lol

Edit. Searched.. there's El toro, Gold Stiker.. heck, InvadR even has a straight drop emoji14.png

I am confused as who you are responding to? If it is Chughes El Toro is an Intamin. Unless there is another El Toro I don't know about?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, calakapepe said:

But the straight drop is good because of not having started the adrenaline rush emoji14.png
But I agree curved drops can be good too... similar to a straight drop, curved drops are best in the back. Banshee in the back right, Phantoms Revenge, Thunderhead etc..
I cant wait to have MT in the back ~

There was a discussion on line with the designers and the curve drop is by design.   They said it causes less stomach issues for people that way.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

There was a discussion on line with the designers and the curve drop is by design.   They said it causes less stomach issues for people that way.

But THAT is the part that makes it fun and exciting! THAT is the very best part and the main reason to go on a roller coaster. I mean what other type of ride can make you feel, thrilled, scared, excited, queasy, exzilerated, sick, anxious, and fulfilled all at the same time? (and marriage doesnt count) :P

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

I can see this. Before I came to love coasters I used to hate them, The main reason was because of the drop. It was a mixture of stomach issues and me overall hating the "drop" sensation you get on a straight drop. Personally, I feel like the Curve drop doesn't give me that sensation as much and doesn't bother my stomach as much. My stomach issues have gone away now and I can say I prefer a straight drop more but I can see GCI point. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Dunno, I prefer if designers can help avoid protein spills even (especially?) though I don't get sick myself. Disgusting, and slow down everything while it is cleaned up. 

I somewhat agree. While I love the best thrills, it's sad when we have to dose up dramamin in my fiance. Even then he sometimes still get sick and the day as simply done at that point. It sucks becasue it really drags down the fun of the day and no one wants to fell yucky like that.  

• Like 2

I was just on KI website and I found something interesting, they gave Mystic Timbers an Intensity level of 4. I really don't know what to think of it. The weird thing is that they give AE a 5. I'm positive I'm not the only one who thinks MT is more intense than AE, Still, this ride is looking more like a Flotar ride more than Ejector. I personally like Flotar airtime more but it would be nice to have a ride at KI with some good Ejector. In this Forum many people have said GCI are intense which I do believe is true, but I'm starting to conclude this ride will be one of the less intense of the GCI's, but we will all see this April/May.

Here is a pictureWhyisita4myboy.PNG

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/thrill-rides

• Like 7

^
I looked on the web site for Valleyfair, California's Great America, and Worlds of Fun and Renegade, Gold Striker, and Prowler are all also rated at 4's (and those are also GCI's built at Cedar Fair parks). Mystic Timbers will probably be at least on par with those in terms of intensity. And all 3 of those rides are very highly regarded and often mentioned on best wood coaster lists in spite of Cedar Fair giving them a "4" thrill factor rating.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

^
I looked on the web site for Valleyfair, California's Great America, and Worlds of Fun and Renegade, Gold Striker, and Prowler are all also rated at 4's (and those are also GCI's built at Cedar Fair parks). Mystic Timbers will probably be at least on par with those in terms of intensity. And all 3 of those rides are very highly regarded and often mentioned on best wood coaster lists in spite of Cedar Fair giving them a "4" thrill factor rating.

Thank you for the information. Very interesting how Cedar Fair ranks there coasters. Maybe it needs revising because this could be a little misleading for GP. I think they're rating the Intensity mostly on Speed and a few other factors. Still, does anyone know why AE has an Intensity level of 5? I can't accept it. (not hating on AE) 

• Like 3

5 Aggressive Thrill Rides
Rides that generally have one or more of the following: high speeds and/or heights, aggressive
and unexpected forces, and rapid directional or elevation change. Riders will encounter many
unexpected rapid changes in speed, direction and/or elevation.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/GAG 2016(4).pdf

Thus why Adventure Express is a level 5.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Xdog42 said:

Thank you for the information. Very interesting how Cedar Fair ranks there coasters. Maybe it needs revising because this could be a little misleading for GP. I think they're rating the Intensity mostly on Speed and a few other factors. Still, does anyone know why AE has an Intensity level of 5? I can't accept it. (not hating on AE) 

9 minutes ago, TOPGUN1993 said:
Rides that generally have one or more of the following: high speeds and/or heights, aggressive
and unexpected forces, and rapid directional or elevation change. Riders will encounter many

To piggy back off of TOPGUN1993, Adventure Express has rapid directional changes, you could even consider the forces to be aggressive and unexpected. I'd also say the back adjustment of the first lift hill could play into it haha.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

To piggy back off of TOPGUN1993, Adventure Express has rapid directional changes, you could even consider the forces to be aggressive and unexpected. I'd also say the back adjustment of the first lift hill could play into it haha.

18 minutes ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

Thus why Adventure Express is a level 5.

Ok thanks guys for the info. Now I can finally accept AE having a 5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Thank you Stashua for those pictures. Becareful about taking pictures and driving though. Only the second picture out of those, I couldn't see Mystic Timbers, but other than that, this ride is going to grace the Kings Island skyline in 2017. ;)

I was in the passenger seat and not driving so dont worry. :) 

• Like 4

I haven't ridden nearly the amount of coasters that many on this forum have, no where close, but of those that I have ridden, Renegade at Valley Fair ranks right at or near the top.  Its hard to judge b/c I've ridden many coasters at Cedar Pointe multiple times, and all of the coasters at KI more times than I can count plus a handful of others, while I only got to ride Renegade once, but I'd certainly put it above any of their other coasters,  including Wild Thing (their Hyper that seems to get the most hype) and on par with Banshee or The Beast (for different reasons)  Perhaps it would slide down a bit on my limited list if I had the opportunity to ride it as often as I've been on The Beast, but it completely blew away my son and I a couple of years ago and put me squarely in the camp wanting a CGI at KI.  From the double turn drop, thru the station wrap around (fly-by?) to everything in between it constantly felt like you were being tossed one way or another and completely fun.  If this is anything close to what Renegade was I'm going to be extremely happy, 4 star rating or not.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I believe that is the station

Edit- semi-confirmed What doesn't make sense is that the picture above only shows the roof half set at 4:57, but at 4:58 it's all set up in the tweet.

It's just an illusion caused by the angle of the webcam. Zooming in on the station reveals the edge of the roof's other side somewhat hidden behind the tree branches.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I believe that is the station

Edit- semi-confirmed What doesn't make sense is that the picture above only shows the roof half set at 4:57, but at 4:58 it's all set up in the tweet.

That is the MT webcam.  I referenced the DB webcam.