Jump to content
stashua123

Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

Recommended Posts

I wonder if we're gonna need to worry about ducks on the lagoon overpass.. how did busch gardens remedy the fabio happening?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen a duck in the lake whenever the train would pass by it. I guess the Fabio scenario doesn't "fit the bill" for Kings Island

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new Instagram pic of MT. Sounds like trains will be on soon.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be glad when I can watch this thing without tilting my head. Dont know why they never zoomed and tilted that web cam, it would have made for such better viewing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a question I don't think anyone's asked yet. Will there be props layed out or maybe sound effects played throughout the course of the ride similar to when Italian Job first came out? It would be awesome if MT had a first drop sound just like Banshee

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it did have a sound it could simply just be a rumble with a whining wood sound... but that might be a little mean as people are 109ft up on a wooden structure~
Im glad a scream isn't probable

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ To be fair: when it's actually functioning and turned on, that's exactly the kind of sound that plays on Adventure Express's first lift hill.

I think bkroz mentioned a while back, shortly before or after Mystic Timbers was announced, that the glowing green lights shown in KI's scrolling banner on their website at the time would look nice in the trees lining the lift hill. I'd agree with that. Here's the image I'm talking about:

ki_capital-countdownbackground_rotator1-
Source: KI's website; image hosted by ThemeParkTourist.com.

It adds a new level of mysticism to the ride AND makes for a new reason to ride at night. Some heavy-duty, translucent, sea foam green pendant lights in the trees would go a long way. But that's me!

I don't actually know what sound you might play at the top of MT's lift, anyway. There's not exactly an iconic monster sound you could automatically attach to this ride based on the theme, unlike Banshee's Banshee scream. Maybe someone's voice yelling "timber"? Maybe take a page out of BGW's book and have some magic-y, windy noises and a spirit's voice telling you to run? I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure that having anything playing noise loudly on that side of the park would work anyway--weren't there supposedly some complaints about noise levels for Diamondback and Banshee when they both opened?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or they could play that saw noise we heard at the announcement...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can they be about ready to put trains on the track yet? They haven't finished that section where the tunnel is yet, or the shed? There's not even controls in there yet. :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saw noise would work well I think. Woudl fit the lumber mill theme.

Do liek the idea of the lights in the trees. Think would be great to have them spread throughout the course of the track a bit. maybe not the entire length but different spots throughout the woods.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ To be fair: when it's actually functioning and turned on, that's exactly the kind of sound that plays on Adventure Express's first lift hill.

I think bkroz mentioned a while back, shortly before or after Mystic Timbers was announced, that the glowing green lights shown in KI's scrolling banner on their website at the time would look nice in the trees lining the lift hill. I'd agree with that. Here's the image I'm talking about:

ki_capital-countdownbackground_rotator1-
Source: KI's website; image hosted by ThemeParkTourist.com.

It adds a new level of mysticism to the ride AND makes for a new reason to ride at night. Some heavy-duty, translucent, sea foam green pendant lights in the trees would go a long way. But that's me!

I don't actually know what sound you might play at the top of MT's lift, anyway. There's not exactly an iconic monster sound you could automatically attach to this ride based on the theme, unlike Banshee's Banshee scream. Maybe someone's voice yelling "timber"? Maybe take a page out of BGW's book and have some magic-y, windy noises and a spirit's voice telling you to run? I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure that having anything playing noise loudly on that side of the park would work anyway--weren't there supposedly some complaints about noise levels for Diamondback and Banshee when they both opened?

If any one KI or GCI reads this post..... You should listen to TombRaiderFTW cause everything that was said sounds awesome and would be REALLY cool way to give Mystic Timbers that extra *umph* of an edge. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

How can they be about ready to put trains on the track yet? They haven't finished that section where the tunnel is yet, or the shed? There's not even controls in there yet. :unsure:

Well.... even with all that not finished they are under the 60 day mark so it's home stretch. How long before Banshee or Diamondback opened did they add the trains? JW. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with  TombRaiderFTW on the lights idea. That would be awesome!

As far as sounds? Hearing sounds on a wooden coaster would be hard. Based on my experience on GCI lift hills, I can hardly hear anyone around me. The sound of the train going through the course is generally not quiet either. 

Diamondback has had several complaints about noise from the neighborhood behind the park.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, all those extra couplings between cars and wheel sets are pretty loud on Millennium Flyers.  GCI's may be many things, but quiet sure ain't one of them.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, purdude86 said:

The saw noise would work well I think. Woudl fit the lumber mill theme.

Do liek the idea of the lights in the trees. Think would be great to have them spread throughout the course of the track a bit. maybe not the entire length but different spots throughout the woods.

 

I like the idea of lights in the trees as well. I think another cool idea would be glowing eyes in the trees. The way animals look at night in the woods.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, presto123 said:

 

I like the idea of lights in the trees as well. I think another cool idea would be glowing eyes in the trees. The way animals look at night in the woods.

Personally, I'd like for the wooded section of the ride (after 2nd drop) to remain dark similar to The Beast post-lift hill. Some lights would be okay in the lift / plaza area, but give me a another pitch-black ride in the woods and I'll be stoked!

 

Just my thoughts on the matter. Very excited for this ride!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to listen to this type of audio while I'm waiting in the que line or when the coaster enters the shed. Blowing wind, saw mills, owl hoots, crickets, bliss.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or even the audio tracks they played at the announcement! There was something really unique and engaging about the intense drumbeats and mystical chimes combined with chainsaws and shouts of "timber!" It's thematically appropriate, it helps tell the story, and it makes standing in the queue that much more engaging. I'd really, really love it if they'd do that. If you're going to go to the bother of theming a ride at all, why not use audio tracks you've already got prepared to make the experience that much more magical? But again, that's me. I'd rather have an immersive experience than listen to the same pop tunes I could hear outside the park. For me, that drives repeat visits and encourages me to invite more people to the park with me and [insert other things from Cedar Fair's Q4 financials that they are aiming to improve]. :P

(But seriously, I might actually WANT to invite more people I know to join in a themed experience than just another roller coaster. But I'm sure I'm in the minority, and CF obviously knows their audiences better than I do.)

A side note... Don, if you're reading this: if you aren't going to use the music from Mystic Timbers's announcement for anything for the ride, would you mind posting a tracklist here? It really made an impression on me, and I'd love to purchase the songs from iTunes or Google if possible.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I mean--rather than playing the standard pop music that gets played throughout the park in MT's queue, play the dramatic instrumental music from the announcement or the tracks that SonofBaconator suggested. Makes Mystic Timbers more of an experience from queue to exit ramp! :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the train have on-board audio? 

I only saw like 4 speakers on the course after the turnaround for the drop. 

While I think audio is nice for a ride, I don't think it'd fit Mystic Timbers well, nor the area. Imagine riding WWC and hearing chainsaws and music themed for another ride. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Does the train have on-board audio? 

I only saw like 4 speakers on the course after the turnaround for the drop. 

While I think audio is nice for a ride, I don't think it'd fit Mystic Timbers well, nor the area. Imagine riding WWC and hearing chainsaws and music themed for another ride. 

 I was referring to just the TIMBER yell before the ride drops

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd love to listen to this type of audio while I'm waiting in the que line or when the coaster enters the shed. Blowing wind, saw mills, owl hoots, crickets, bliss.
 


So that's what's in the shed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...