Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

On 3/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, silver2005 said:

Flyers are also more open and allows for less body movement restriction than PTC's.  The front seat is divine.  

Fair warning, Flyers are also unfriendly for people over 265 pounds roughly. I barely made it on Thunderhead at Dollywood in 2011. I find PTC a tight squeeze at 280 but not as tight as Flyers at 265. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, new account said:

Check out the cool Turkey Vulture. There were several of them swirling around the tower earlier today

Screenshot 2017-03-13 12.18.02.png

I saw this bird when I was watching the guys putting DBack's second train on in the storage area or whatever they call it. lol I loved how it was just like looking around at everything :lol: Probably wondering what's in the shed.....

• Like 9

I found this video and I remember that before Timbers, Adventure Express, FOF and Tomb Raider/The Crypt where one of the most themed rides in the park. Im interested to see what all Mystic Timbers will bring! I remember seeing somewhere that the theming will be on the same point as Express, FOF and formerly Tomb Raider

• Like 2

Yea TR:TR's themign was excellent. Fully immersed from teh get go adn some of the best theming I've seen for a regional park. It almost had a Disney/Universal feel to it with the themed queue, the preshow rooms and preshow video with lighting effects (the final preshow room with the goddess statue was awesome), and the details on the ride itself were all amazing. Was so sad to see it gutted when Paramount left.

Agree though that I expect MT theming to be more on par with Banshee/AE. Probably have the nice plaza and station of Banshee but a little more theming on teh course of the run like AE with the shed and such. Plus be heightened a bit with the setting of teh coaster falling in line with the theme of the ride itself.

• Like 5

I thoroughly read through the commentary posts this week by the KI Central coaster enthusiasts, I've seen a lot of progress on the construction of Kings Island's newest attraction, Mystic Timbers. I found video footage unintentionally, of an off season view of the amusement and water park areas; although, I can't quote the exact date when this video content was filmed, I did see the construction of the new Island Smokehouse in Soak City which would default the film date to some date relatively recent. 

Aside from the construction video on Mystic Timbers, has anyone noticed the construction clearing behind Banshee recently? It seems as though more land clearing has occurred during the off-season, this is obtrusive from the Banshee webcam. I do recall in an interview with Greg Scheid, former VP and General Manager of Kings Island, post the Mystic Timbers announcement, Greg saying that it took about a year to clear trees for Mystic Timbers. Hence, this supports my personal conjecture that Kings Island's next major attraction will be located behind Banshee, this could be the location of the KI giga coaster everyone has been ranting about since 2009. I think that once the trees are cleared, we could be seeing hints at the next major attraction, perhaps in 2019, or 2020. If the next new attraction for KI were a giga coaster, it would be the ideal location being that X-base is famish for a thirst-quenching, new thrilling attraction and it could extend out to the parking lot area going behind Banshee and Bat, pivoting direction near the front entrance and then return back to the X-base location.

Edited by CoastersRZ
Removed link
  • Like 7

That land clearing behind Banshee has been discussed for a few years on KIC. That seems to be their go to spot for dirt, or dumping location if dirt is removed elsewhere in the park for any reason. I don't see any significance at this point to it being a new ride land clearing area.

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Drummermattk said:

I found this video and I remember that before Timbers, Adventure Express, FOF and Tomb Raider/The Crypt where one of the most themed rides in the park. Im interested to see what all Mystic Timbers will bring! I remember seeing somewhere that the theming will be on the same point as Express, FOF and formerly Tomb Raider

LOL, me pre-beard... Those were some fun times!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Thabto said:

I look forward to riding this at ERT during Coasterstock.

Same! I'm really eager to get some nightrides on that late ERT. I haveing a feeling it's going to give a great night ride, especially around that 10/11pm mark we will get with the late ERTs. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

I'm thinking it might not be as great as Beast's night ride though with train lights, and the WWC station ights.. but thats it i think emoji14.png

Probably..

The other way to look at it is: Having those reference points will, possibly, add to the sense of speed...

• Like 3

Keep in mind that Taft hasn`t owned the park since 1984.  So the comparison to their theming might be a stretch.  However, I think that the theming of this ride fits perfectly with the Rivertown theme area of the park. Kudos to Kings Island and Cedar Fair.

If only we could get some more Octoberfest theming back into the park, and revamp the classic midway feel of Coney, we will have some great theming.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Xdog42 said:

Do any of you guys think this coaster can top Beast? At first, I thought there was no chance, but now there is starting to be some real competition.

Considering Beast isn't my forte, I think this will more than likely top Beast for me... but... I might still prefer Beast as a night experience specifically

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

Do any of you guys think this coaster can top Beast? At first, I thought there was no chance, but now there is starting to be some real competition.

I think it looks great, but I don't think it can beat The Beast truly for a few years. I think part of The Beast experience is knowing it's a legend.

• Like 3

I don't factor in a coaster's 'legacy' or historical impact when I ascertain which coasters I like better than others.  I use criteria like g forces, air time, pacing, aesthetics, big moments, and other more tangible things.  I don't let others opinion affect mine, but I do use them to try and guess what I may be in for.  Often, I'm surprised.  

Examples- I went to KK not thinking highly of T3 or Thunder Run.  Both turned out better than expected (more so Thunder Run).  In contrast, I had high expectations for Grizzly at KD and Mean Streak only to come off disappointed with them.  My visits to Dollywood and Hershey really helped me in getting away from thinking that stats and public perception make a good ride.

• Like 5