Announcement 2

ki95

• 2 weeks later...

I've read that the second announcement was a 'capital' announcement. I'm not sure Winterfest qualifies, but I'm leaning toward agreeing with you that it's coming back. I know rumors are everywhere and all over the place in theme, but where there's smoke there's fire (more often than not) and this one keeps coming up. 

I never got to go back in the day and would like to take my family for it (assuming our platinum passes will get us in)

I just...why would they do the Christmas in July thing and not announce WF during that? It seems like it was a missed opportunity timing-wise.

• Like 1

I'm not an accountant, but my understanding is that a capital expenditure is an accounting term/classification for an expenditure to acquiring or maintaining assets such as land, buildings an equipment. My sales buddies throw the term CAPEX around for these. Winterfest, I would think, would would be an operating expense (OPEX, from the same sales buddies).

I don't see a purpose in announcing an expenditure to maintain anything. So, assuming what I've read about the next announcement involving a capital spend is accurate, I'm guessing there's something new coming. It doesn't need to be a ride or attraction, it could be a new funnel cake stand or a toll plaza and reopening of the south entrance.

• Like 4

My gut feeling is that it will be about improvements, perhaps aesthetic, to the park; or, it could be an acquisition announcement.

While aesthetic improvements around the park would be great to see and always appreciated, however I don't imagine they'd tease and hold a special announcement for them. It's guaranteed to just disappoint most people, especially when they could just mention them at the prior announcement. It could be about an acquisition though.

I really think this will involve some sort of experience or major enhancement to guests at the park, hoping a ride but could be a new restaurant or something along those lines too.

• Like 1

I am hopeful we get the enterprise from Valleyfair, it would be a great addition to the Coney Mall section of the park. The old Flight Commander location would be a great spot. ( after modifications are made ) Name of the ride could be "Cyclone".

• Like 5

I am hopeful we get the enterprise from Valleyfair, it would be a great addition to the Coney Mall section of the park. The old Flight Commander location would be a great spot. ( after modifications are made ) Name of the ride could be "Cyclone".

I don't think an Enterprise would fit in the old Flight Commander spot.  The diameter is too large.

Why not put it in it's original location at the front of Coney Mall?  I realize Skylab was a Giant Enterprise, but similar enough.

skylab_from_eiffel.jpg

Source: ThemeParkReview

It was in that same location after Adventure Express opened

• Like 3

I don't think an Enterprise would fit in the old Flight Commander spot.  The diameter is too large.

Why not put it in it's original location at the front of Coney Mall?  I realize Skylab was a Giant Enterprise, but similar enough.

skylab_from_eiffel.jpg

Source: ThemeParkReview

It was in that same location after Adventure Express opened

Because you have the Rope-ladder game, Coca-Cola Freestyle, and a Basketball game right there now, that the park probably doesn't want to get rid of. 

• Like 2

Well when I heard it wasn't finalized as yet I thought maybe they are still debating. But however we do have a rather large motion theater that has been sitting empty. And with parks receiving plants vs. zombies/mass effect maybe that's what they are still finalizing. Which one to put in. Or another though. Placing VR on a coaster like Iron Dragon received this year. The Bat or Adventure Express could both benifit from it with there lower rider counts.

• Like 1

I made this thread right after Greg said we were going to have a 2nd announcement. SO the one you linked is a re-hash

Sorry...didn't notice the order of thread starting time.  I was only pointing out that an existing thread which seemed more lively (at the time 10+ pages) which duplicated the rather light discussion here.  

And here I thought I was trying to bring people together.  Nevermind.

• Like 2

Well when I heard it wasn't finalized as yet I thought maybe they are still debating. But however we do have a rather large motion theater that has been sitting empty. And with parks receiving plants vs. zombies/mass effect maybe that's what they are still finalizing. Which one to put in. Or another though. Placing VR on a coaster like Iron Dragon received this year. The Bat or Adventure Express could both benifit from it with there lower rider counts.

For the love of Pete, I hope CF nixes any VR on any KI coaster.  Any coaster they put it on will suffer a large drop in capacity given the time needed to clean and secure each headset, assuming they all work 100% of the time.

• Like 7

^ Count me in agreement.  Rides already have a nice coating throughout the year on the restraints (see Diamondback).  Get somebody with a BO issue riding before you and you'll notice (had that pleasant experience on Banshee last week)  :wacko:

I'm not a germophobe, but I don't think I'm ready to put something shared on my head.

• Like 4

I'm hoping for a new flat, but would be all for a refurbishment of RFYLCB as well. Not sure if they would change the themeing as it works well with it being on the border of both Rivertown and Planet Snoopy. It fits the themeing for both. Plus having it in Planet Snoopy helps them maintain the higher quality and diverse children's area they have been awarded.

While not likely, I would be excited to see a new Peanuts theme and decor for Boo Blasters, but don't see that as too likely so not going to get my hopes up.

• Like 4

It has to be an announcement worthy of selling 2017 Season Passes, an announcement featuring aesthetics won't get my Visa swiped.  I have a short list of things I'm hoping for (some maybe beyond 2017/never):

• Better "International" Street environment.  Bring back the instrumental/classic music with choreographed fountains...
  • Some sort of themed dark ride in the Tomb Raider building.
  • Move the "soccer" game out of Rivertown... I don't believe soccer was a sport in the new world during that period.
  • More SR&R / Scrambler lighting treatment to other Coney rides (Monster, Zephyr, etc...)
  • Refurbish the Carousel 
  • Electronic order kiosks for food service... The food service employee demeanor has been Zootopia DMV worthy for a few years now.
  • Retheme of Boo Blasters... not a fan of the whole skeleton/Demonic theming.
  • An "out-of-the-box" Soak City attraction
  • Water coaster: a la Journey to Atlantis
  • Power wash the sidewalks in Soak City more often to get layer of mildew (and stink) off.
  • Return of Winterfest...
  • a South lot entrance/exit.  It wasn't packed last weekend but took an HOUR to get out of the parking lot.
  • Fewer "music review" shows

I think Mystic Timbers will be a nice tweener roller coaster with good theming that looks to tie in well with the Rivertown persona.  It alone was a decent announcement.   However, CF looks to have concurrent announcements at several parks on or near the same day/time.  My guess is that each are getting the same or similar announcement.  I can't imagine that it will be a ride or aesthetics- I'm going with an event.

•  
  • Like 7