New For 2017: Mystic Timbers!

Alright, so: 

Last night when I watched the reveal I was extremely disappointed. I expected at least something bigger and faster. I even went on a rant with my friend about it. All day today at work I complained about "Mystic Timbers".

But, all of a sudden, I realized this is a perfect addition to KI. It is something that seems unique and has charm that no other newer coaster at KI has. I trust they will theme it well. The coaster itself looks fun - nothing too intense, but it looks like a great one to marathon. Needless to say, I went from angry to extremely excited about the ride within a few hours. "Mystic Timbers" is still a horrible name though.

• Like 10

The design engineer from GCI said he didn't even know what's in the shed. The. Design. Engineer. Riiiiight. ;)

My guess is that it is less mechanical and more theatrical in nature, if you get my drift. GCI doesn't know because it isn't their department.

• Like 5

First time ever going to a ride announcement and it was a great time. Couldn't ask for a better addition to that area of the park. I love the theme and I've been wanting to ride a GCI for a long time.

This fills a huge gap in the parks lineup and I cannot wait to ride.

• Like 5

I love The Beast but The Beast is not as intense as people talk it up to be. The newer woodies are actually far more intense then The Beast is. The Beast is longer for sure and a great night ride but not all that intimidating. I rode The Beast when I was 9 years old and was not scared by it at all. I look for Mystic Timbers to be quite intense with all the airtime.

• Like 5

I love The Beast but The Beast is not as intense as people talk it up to be. The newer woodies are actually far more intense then The Beast is. The Beast is longer for sure and a great night ride but not all that intimidating. I rode The Beast when I was 9 years old and was not scared by it at all. I look for Mystic Timbers to be quite intense with all the airtime.

Ride The Beast at night during Halloween Haunt the view from the second lift hill is amazing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Can't wait for this new coaster. Looks like a great addition as many have stated. Gives a good mid-level coaster that isn't too intimidating but still offers high thrills. And whatever is in the shed will really enhance it. I was hoping initially for drop track, but after the designer said he didn't know seems like that isn't likely as they would need to be involved with any drop track.

My only "disappointment" is that I loved WWC's secluded nature which is now broken some with the coaster running next to/over much of the path.

• Like 1

It is hard to explain but they are by far the most comfortable wooden restraints I have ever experienced. In my few experiences with them they had pretty loose ratcheting mechanic and the lap bar could move quite a bit. I also pay attention to the lap bar on the first drops because like any coaster it can pin you if the forces get to it.

• Like 7

I thought Millennium Flyer lapbars just came down under gravity. They are quite top heavy and don't have spring loaded resistance like PTC lapbars do. This means they can staple you pretty easily if you let your guard down. However, the seats are super comfy (almost couch like) so being stapled almost isn't a big deal. Keyword almost.

• Like 2

Anyone else pick up on the fact that Kings Island currently has 14 coasters making MT the 15th coaster. Don stated that MT would be our 16th coaster. Unless they are counting both racers, we could see another coaster Announcement for 2017. If MT only costs 4-10 million we could see another coaster with their 15 million cap. I'm not exactly sure what their cap is but figuring this with recent years. I also find it odd that they didn't release the cost of MT and think it might be kept a secret until the second attraction is announced.

• Like 3

^^^ I think The Racer can be classified as both one coaster and two. Both sides are a coaster, although it is one ride with two sides all together.

The shed with the Miami Lumber Company logo seems like it will add more of a themed element to Rivertown, especially to the train, that hasn't been seen for years.

• Like 3

I am pretty pleased with a new GCI coaster. After riding many modern wooden coasters I have wanted one at KI. After hearing some of Don and Greg's remarks about Prowler and Gold Striker in the past I fully expected a GCI to show up at KI at some point. I think the logo looks great and the name is growing on me.

• Like 4

Can anyone confirm or deny that Millennium Flyer trains have automatic-lowering lap bars?

I can confirm that Millennium Flyer lap bars automatically lower. 

Not all Millennium Flyer lap bars automatically lower, or possibly, the auto-lowering is an adjustable setting. I've ridden several of them and most, but not all, auto-lowered.

Renegade, Thunderhead, and American Thunder have automatically lowering bars. Prowler did not on the day that I visited.

• Like 5

The rendering of the shed seems to have the building continue forward past the point that the train would need to turn.. meaning you're staring down at something just before you turn to enter the station.

Furthermore, I would assume boarding the train would be on the left side to hinder any chance at viewing stuff before you're in the ride.. but having a queue in that triangle would make sense, like how Banshee is.

• Like 2

Three completely different thoughts on Mystic Timbers.

1. The rendering looks like the now defunct CCI could have built it-- a very good thing!

2. The name is kind of weak. I wonder if that was the first choice.

3. How will WWC be after this? Will it still seem secluded?

• Like 3

Maybe Kings Island counts Surf Dog as a roller-coaster the same way Cedar Point counts Pipe Scream as a roller-coaster.

They called Mystic Timbers the fifth woodie at Kings Island, unless they're counting Son of Beast as fourth.
they are counting The Racer as 2 coasters

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4