New For 2017: Mystic Timbers!

The park considers Surf Dog as a coaster, and The Racer as just one. 

The GCI Engineer said KI will have 5 wooden coasters next year, but that is not correct. 

The Racer does not count as two coasters. However, the total track length of both Red and Blue go into the park's wooden track length record, which with Mystic Timbers will be 18,804 ft.

• Like 5

I haven't ridden Racer in a long time. Is it operated by one, or two separate operators? Does each side of the coaster complex have its own lift chain mechanism? Has any celebrity ever proclaimed Racer to be two coasters that mirror one-another? Does either side's track connect with the other?

I think they should change the name slightly to "The Racers," and claim the glory of two mirroring coasters that happen to "race" one-another. Just a thought. Be gentle.

• Like 6

I'm going to start a petition to rename the coaster to "The Whomping Willow." The trains are themed to a blue car? The ride is themed to getting attacked by an angry tree? This stinks of Harry Potter!

Another weak name for weak ride. Boring.
Now there's TWO of them!?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I may as well give in my two cents about this ride, since everyone else is sitting here bashing on what they think the park should've gotten, and what they shouldn't of gotten.

Let me first say this. The park does not decide on what YOU specifically want for the park. If the park, and company, decide they want to build an RMC, or a Giga, or even an Intamin Strata. Then they may go forth with the idea. They don't pertain to your thoughts exactly. They decide on what's best for them, what's best for revenue, and what's best for the General Public, and this does include us Coaster Enthusiasts. We are still the general public. 

The park needs a new ride, that's awesome, has many great moments, and secrets to it, that can also be ridden by children. The last 4 new rides (outside of Planet Snoopy) have been rides that are 52 inches and up for a minimum height requirement...

Firehawk >>> 52' Min. 80' Max.
Diamondback >>> 54' Min.
WindSeeker >>> 52' Min.

Banshee >>> 52' Min 78' Max.

Basing on other GCI's of similar designs, we can only guess that right now this ride will be 48' Min. But it more than likely will be 48' Min.... What is the last ride build (that is still in operation as of July 31st 2016) That had a 48 requirement Outside of Planet Snoopy? Answer "What is Backlot Stunt Coaster, Opened in 2005" That's 12 years since the last family attraction outside of Planet Snoopy has been added.... 

I'm sorry. We do not NEED a high capacity thrill ride with a ride requirement of probably 54' We need a family thrill ride with a requirement of 48' that is fun for everyone. The park doesn't answer to your needs, it answers to its needs. Diamondback lost to Prowler in 2009. A GCI wooden roller coaster. Why do you think we need such high thrill rides that break records in order for people to come to the park? We don't. We just need a unique sort of rides that will bring people to the park. Not every Cedar Fair park needs a Giga, Just as much as not every Cedar Fair park needs a GCI. But if Cedar Fair puts everything in every one of their parks, they will become bland, and they will lose revenue. 

Now, let me talk to you about the ride it's self...

Mystic Timbers, while the name is not catchy just yet, at least's is easy to pronounce... Rougarou? Valravn? We don't need names that are really hard for the public to pronounce. Something simple can do. Mystic Timbers. The name will grow on us, we will come to love it just as much as Rougarou and Valravn.

For the actual ride, I like the idea of the ride interacting with the lift once again, just like with Banshee. It makes for some cool shots of the ride, and it looks beautiful (although that's my own personal opinion about rides that do this... it is true, they look astounding.)  The lagoon interactions, as well as the train, WWC, and many other things with this ride is just all in all cool! Also, First roller coaster at Kings Island to have a tunnel since 1979! (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong) 

I like how the break run is slightly tilted at the end, Makes me wonder if it will be something other than a Drop track. I like the idea that someone said recently that vines will grow over a projection screen with a Medusa like creature swarming in, and you get out of there right before it's too late (slight launch and then a stop? It is vehicle themed.) 

We won't know What's in the Shed until April. What happens in the Shed, will Stay in the Shed. #WhatsintheShed

Can we please stop arguing about what the park should've gotten? The park knows what it needs. and if they think the park needs a Giga, then the park needs a Giga. But right now, we don't. Thanks.

• Like 12

^For the height requirement, I believe that it was confirmed to be 48" minimum

Also, with the idea of a small launch, I could see that having wheel squeezing sounds to fit the lead car theme. I know the designer said that he didn't know what would be in the tunnel, but this might mean that he doesn't know just a part of what's in the tunnel, such as a video being played. Something I would love to be in the tunnel would be if the vines overgrow and grab the track, tilting it back and forth, and causing it to drop before it being raised back up and having the train launch out (not that quickly though). Just a thought that probably won't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I may as well give in my two cents about this ride, since everyone else is sitting here bashing on what they think the park should've gotten, and what they shouldn't of gotten.

Let me first say this. The park does not decide on what YOU specifically want for the park. If the park, and company, decide they want to build an RMC, or a Giga, or even an Intamin Strata. Then they may go forth with the idea. They don't pertain to your thoughts exactly. They decide on what's best for them, what's best for revenue, and what's best for the General Public, and this does include us Coaster Enthusiasts. We are still the general public. 

The park needs a new ride, that's awesome, has many great moments, and secrets to it, that can also be ridden by children. The last 4 new rides (outside of Planet Snoopy) have been rides that are 52 inches and up for a minimum height requirement...

Diamondback >>> 54' Min.

WindSeeker >>> 52' Min.

Basing on other GCI's of similar designs, we can only guess that right now this ride will be 48' Min. But it more than likely will be 48' Min.... What is the last ride build (that is still in operation as of July 31st 2016) That had a 48 requirement Outside of Planet Snoopy? Answer "What is Backlot Stunt Coaster, Opened in 2005" That's 12 years since the last family attraction outside of Planet Snoopy has been added.... 

I'm sorry. We do not NEED a high capacity thrill ride with a ride requirement of probably 54' We need a family thrill ride with a requirement of 48' that is fun for everyone. The park doesn't answer to your needs, it answers to its needs. Diamondback lost to Prowler in 2009. A GCI wooden roller coaster. Why do you think we need such high thrill rides that break records in order for people to come to the park? We don't. We just need a unique sort of rides that will bring people to the park. Not every Cedar Fair park needs a Giga, Just as much as not every Cedar Fair park needs a GCI. But if Cedar Fair puts everything in every one of their parks, they will become bland, and they will lose revenue. 

Mystic Timbers, while the name is not catchy just yet, at least's is easy to pronounce... Rougarou? Valravn? We don't need names that are really hard for the public to pronounce. Something simple can do. Mystic Timbers. The name will grow on us, we will come to love it just as much as Rougarou and Valravn.

For the actual ride, I like the idea of the ride interacting with the lift once again, just like with Banshee. It makes for some cool shots of the ride, and it looks beautiful (although that's my own personal opinion about rides that do this... it is true, they look astounding.)  The lagoon interactions, as well as the train, WWC, and many other things with this ride is just all in all cool! Also, First roller coaster at Kings Island to have a tunnel since 1979! (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong) 

I like how the break run is slightly tilted at the end, Makes me wonder if it will be something other than a Drop track. I like the idea that someone said recently that vines will grow over a projection screen with a Medusa like creature swarming in, and you get out of there right before it's too late (slight launch and then a stop? It is vehicle themed.) 

We won't know What's in the Shed until April. What happens in the Shed, will Stay in the Shed. #WhatsintheShed

Can we please stop arguing about what the park should've gotten? The park knows what it needs. and if they think the park needs a Giga, then the park need

s a Giga. But right now, we don't. Thanks.

From what I have learned a golden ticket award means squat.

• Like 2

Diamondback >>> 54' Min.

WindSeeker >>> 52' Min.

For the actual ride, I like the idea of the ride interacting with the lift once again, just like with Banshee. It makes for some cool shots of the ride, and it looks beautiful (although that's my own personal opinion about rides that do this... it is true, they look astounding.) The lagoon interactions, as well as the train, WWC, and many other things with this ride is just all in all cool! Also, First roller coaster at Kings Island to have a tunnel since 1979! (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Can we please stop arguing about what the park should've gotten? The park knows what it needs. and if they think the park needs a Giga, then the park needs a Giga. But right now, we don't. Thanks.

Adventure Express has 4 tunnels.

• Like 3

So I see we have the whole happy couple here now.

If you don't like it, why are you here??

There are plenty of other parks out there. Cedar Point isn't that far away. They seem to have what you're lookin for. I'm sure the message board is top notch.

• Like 4

So I see we have the whole happy couple here now.

If you don't like it, why are you here??

There are plenty of other parks out there. Cedar Point isn't that far away. They seem to have what you're lookin for. I'm sure the message board is top notch.

Unfortunately, Point Buzz isn't as good as KIC.

^ Yea, I've checked it out. I'm not a member though.

My point is this is a great community. 99 percent of us is here for our love of Kings Island. There is nothing at all wrong with voicing your opinion. I just don't understand. If I was THAT unhappy with something, that you cannot change, well, I would not be here.

• Like 3

Yes. Everyone wants to, and gets to express themselves here. It might not agree with you, but it's what we're all allowed to do.

Accept it, please.

You are not right in trying to shut people up, as annoying as constant negativity may be... but you're allowed to try despite that.

I'm going to start a petition to rename the coaster to "The Whomping Willow." The trains are themed to a blue car? The ride is themed to getting attacked by an angry tree? This stinks of Harry Potter!

I thought the same thing and came up with a theory (similar to the Banshee/Hoenn Region of Pokemon theory I came up with on Opening Day of this year) that Rivertown could have some ties to Harry Potter*. For example, Beast = Gryffindor and Diamondback = Slytherin. The one thing that doesn't match up is White Water Canyon.

However, I do like the current name of Mystic Timbers. Also, I have 4 burning questions that have nothing to do with the shed: Will there be a Single Rider Line (like Diamondback pre-Fast Lane), will the trains be named (like Maverick at Cedar Point), will the trains have working headlights and will there be an on-ride photo location?

As I've mentioned before, I think Mystic Timbers will be a great addition to the park and I'm very much looking forward to riding it! In fact, I think all the "haters" have made me love this ride even more as I feel this ride will be the underdog that will surprise us all! :D

*Not really, but just go with it... :P

• Like 2

Also, First roller coaster at Kings Island to have a tunnel since 1979! (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Adventure Express (already mentioned) , Backlot Stunt Coaster (it counts right?), and The Beastie from 1980-2006 (even though the ride was built in 1972 the tunnel was added in 1980).

And as you and plenty of others have said, it's a perfect fit for the park! I'm heading to Dollywood in two weekends and really excited for my first GCI! Hopefully Lightning Rod will open in time for my first RMC!

It seems that there are way more people who like Mystic Timbers than dislike. I am one of them. And a lot of people pointing out the haters. Just pointing out an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2