New For 2017: Mystic Timbers!

Mysty, Mitty, and Mai Tai are also possibilities. Along with the obvious, Empty (MT).

Personally, I like Mysty. Has an easy ring to it.

"Ride Mysty for Me". Hmm... could work. Clint was cool in his day, before he started talking to chairs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067588/

Why isn't it just MT like all the other ride abbreviations? Am I missing a ride that already has MT?

Because it isn't FUN.
  • Like 2

I like Mai Tai better, but this is a Family Coaster, we have to think about the Children. :)

So I guess Mighty.

But I still like M(ystic) (Tim)bers. M-bers. Embers. It is a woodie after all and how are going to fight a bunch of vines and trees overtaking you? Burn them to Embers.

I nicknamed a friend Embers. In a moment of immature creativity, I implied she was hot and used part of her name simultaneously.

I have a cat named Mystic that we call Mysti.

I could go for a mai tai

• Like 2

And think MT works fine for when conversing on here and when messaging people. However, I was trying to find a slang name for speaking...simply because Mystic Timbers really isn't that great of a name...nor is MT. Misty and MyTi (mai tai) both sound good to me though. I'm not a huge fan of the "mitty" pronunciation personally.

• Like 1

And think MT works fine for when conversing on here and when messaging people. However, I was trying to find a slang name for speaking...simply because Mystic Timbers really isn't that great of a name...nor is MT. Embers and Embers both sound good to me though. I'm not a huge fan of the "mitty" pronunciation personally.

Fixed that. :)

Listen. We need to get consensus or the GP will take over the nicknaming. ;)

I like Embers better than the transliteration of MT. But, it makes me a little nervous because I have a husband often telling me he's surprised no one has ever tried to burn down Beast. Not that he wants to, but he's just surprised it hasn't been a thing.

• Like 3

Listen. We need to get consensus or the GP will take over the nicknaming. ;)

I like Embers better than the transliteration of MT. But, it makes me a little nervous because I have a husband often telling me he's surprised no one has ever tried to burn down Beast. Not that he wants to, but he's just surprised it hasn't been a thing.

Agreed. Embers is a bit edgy, just having fun with it.. Why don't you start a poll?

Why would someone want to burn down The Beast over some other coaster with a wood structure? Is it hated in some circles? Then again, crazies don't really need a reason, they just do crazy crap like attack a flamingo.

I think Beast is safe, it's not in Florida.

• Like 2

In general, most parks have been fortunate enough to not be sabotaged to any level that extreme, whether it be by gangs, terrorists, or thugs. That is assuming that you were referring to people from the outside trying to burn it down.

As for names from the GP...Oh dear...let's see...most will probably call it "THE Mystic Timbers," "The Beast," "That Timber Ride," or "The Wooden Ride" (not realizing how many others there are in the park). It will be atrocious, almost guaranteed...no matter what nickname enthusiasts give it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On top of that watch them make a policy half way through the season that it is not allowed to put your hands up on this coaster, similar with what they did with the snapping on Woodstock gliders.

Strictly speaking, most coasters at Kings Island and elsewhere say in the rules to "keep hands down and inside car at all times". So this is already a policy on most coasters. It's just not generally enforced often.

• Like 2

On top of that watch them make a policy half way through the season that it is not allowed to put your hands up on this coaster, similar with what they did with the snapping on Woodstock gliders.

Strictly speaking, most coasters at Kings Island and elsewhere say in the rules to "keep hands down and inside car at all times". So this is already a policy on most coasters. It's just not generally enforced often.

If parks enforced keeping hands down, they would be tossing out half their visitors. I discussed the issue with the Rides Manager at Carowinds in 2006.
  • Like 1

I've always thought keeping hands inside the car always applied more to putting them out to the side. I've seen ride ops call out people for that plenty of times, but never for putting hands up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hands are supposed to be kept on safety bars(for PTCs the grab bar in front of you). During a Video Shoot at Carowinds on Afterburn for Coaster Wars(I think) we had to keep our hands on the bars(on the harness) otherwise Dani Swords said the footage would be unusable. Most of Carowinds recent photos is like this.
  • Like 2