New For 2017: Mystic Timbers!

^ the photo shoot I attended last year at KI, we were also instructed to keep our hands down. I thought it was more for aesthetics at the time.

They may tell you that is the reason....another being if their commercials had hands up, you can be sure an attorney would enter that as evidence in the future when some idiot does something stupid as a result of having hands up...argument being "well look the park allows hands up so my client assumed he wouldn't lose a hand..."

• Like 4

We may have essentially no say in the actual name, theme, or layout of any ride at Kings Island. We do, however, get a bit of say on what people call rides. After many names have been put forth, I have created a survey for what we should call Mystic Timbers when speaking informally! Please, feel free to complete the survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6PSDS2Z

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

<snip> We do, however, get a bit of say on what people call rides. </snip>

Do we?  Are you going to police people in-line as they refer to the coaster?  

Not looking forward to the back and forth chants: "MT", "Mysti", "MT", "Mysti"...

This all just reads like people are sour about the name.  

• Like 1

Ok I would name The Racer CHIP'S because the run side by side. Patrolling the mean steets of Coney Mall. And you have the red racer as the flashy guy Ponch. And the Blue Racer as the solid partner John.

And I would rename The Beast to Grizzly Adams cause he is a coaster the didn't like the flashy lights of International Street and Coney Mall and decided to live out in the woods behind Rivertown.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not to be confused with "Mysties" who are fans of a certain show from the 90s.  In the not too distant future...

As a Mystie, I can honestly believe there is going to be some fan overlap.

You might have just guessed what's in the shed- a really bad, cheap movie.

• Like 4

Not to be confused with "Mysties" who are fans of a certain show from the 90s. In the not too distant future...

Like the trees from H R Puff N Stuff2e13478bcc1add3c33b69fc50d22430f.jpg

• Like 3

I propose we start working on gathering our Mr. T costumes for opening day.

"I pity the fool who doesn't dress up like Mr. T to ride Mr. T"

In all honesty, I could care less about nicknaming a ride a certain way. When, in reality I will probably just call it Mystic Timbers, or Mystic, or Timber, who knows. But to go as far as for some to believe that there would be policing would be haberdashery, if anything it could become a joke for me. I will say that I wish that Mystic Timbers get some cool trees like weeping Norway spruces, or other bizarre trees and call them "Mystic Trees" or "MysTrees" and have the queue be called "The Mystic Garden" but hey, that's only an idea. (If that becomes a reality, I would freak out if there's an Australian tree and if it had a small plaque hinting to BB1, or Boomerang Bay, just saying.)

• Like 3

I usually refer to coasters by their names, except when typing, I'll do some initials (DB, AE) because it's easier. "Millie" and "Maggie" particularly make my skin crawl, but I get why people use them.

I just thought nicknaming the coaster was a fun little thing to do while we're waiting to find out what's in the shed. With a four syllable name, it's a foregone conclusion some people are going to use some sort of shorthand.

I wanted to head off "Mysty" at the pass, in part because it reminds me of a woman I graduated with who killed herself a few Christmases ago. Also the straight initials MT sound like "Empty" and that is a sad nickname for a ride.

• Like 6

We may have essentially no say in the actual name, theme, or layout of any ride at Kings Island. We do, however, get a bit of say on what people call rides. After many names have been put forth, I have created a survey for what we should call Mystic Timbers when speaking informally! Please, feel free to complete the survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6PSDS2Z

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sorry to keep everyone waiting in suspense. Here are the results thus far! The survey is still live in case you have not yet responded and still wish to do so.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-FZXLN8DM/

• Like 1

Not to be confused with "Mysties" who are fans of a certain show from the 90s. In the not too distant future...

Now That! Is the stuff of nightmares.

Didn't there used to be a Sid and Marty Kroft show back in the day it was owned by Taft?

• Like 2

Now That! Is the stuff of nightmares.

Didn't there used to be a Sid and Marty Kroft show back in the day it was owned by Taft?

It was!

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/30537-sid-marty-krofft/

• Like 2

Not to be confused with "Mysties" who are fans of a certain show from the 90s.  In the not too distant future...

Manos: Hands of Fate.