What's In The Shed!?

Coaster Addict

If you look at the shed video, there is no elevation change from where the train goes in and the train comes out, and there's even see-through support structures under the shed. This is why I don't think it'll be a drop, but I agree with MagentaLizard, it'll probably be something interactive having to do with the takeover of the roots and vines and such.

Definitely expect screens. Animatronics? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

That building also has to have a train shed in there somewhere, so I'm not expecting an actual track element.  I think it'll be something a bit more unique.  

Could they build animatronics that can take the abuse of a structure constantly shaking beneath them when a train comes flying in?

I'll admit, I'm legitimately curious.  :huh:

Expedition Everest is infamous for having three different structures built independently from one another. The mountain, the track, and the (Disco) Yeti all have their own base and support structure so that no one system touches each other. But I believe the support structure of Adventure Express's track is separate from that of both of the show buildings (the spear trap room and the idol finale), so it's almost a given the "shed" would need to be erected in the same manner.

Also, the park is probably keeping in mind the amount of maintenance/upkeep that would be required to have whatever visual spectacle in Misty's Shack functioning 100% of the time. Remember, this is the same park with less-than-stellar thematic reliability on such legendary attractions like Top Gun, Flight of Fear, Italian Job: Stunt Track, Tomb Raider: The Ride, Scooby-Doo & the Haunted Castle, etc.

• Like 8

Maybe it's a turn table.

I thought of that but I just don't see enough width in that area.......turn tables require quite a large radius.

Maybe the shed/station rendering is way off and it won't be a dead sharp, right hand turn.

If it is accurate....I'm stumped (pun intended).

• Like 5

Well, one logical thing that would be in part of the shed is the transfer track/storage area for the trains.  They are going to run three trains, so there has to be a transfer track/ storage area somewhere, and I don`t see it shown after leaving the station (a la Beast and Racer).

• Like 1

That turn looks interesting though. It's a tight one.

Yep....instead of "what's in the shed" I want to know how the train will make a 90 degree turn between the shed and station.

Probably the same way it makes it out of the station. A slight change in elevation and gravity.

Take a look at the plans again. The building are at a perfect 90° angle, the track isn't.

Kings%20Island%20coaster%20design_146738

• Like 3

Probably the same way it makes it out of the station. A slight change in elevation and gravity.

Take a look at the plans again. The building are at a perfect 90° angle, the track isn't.

Yeah.....I knew there was a radius in the final turn but it kinda threw me when the renderings were released and it seemed there wasn't enough room for that type of transition.

I must be having a hard time judging the scale of the shed/station.

• Like 2

It could be similar to the second lift hill on Adventure Express.  It gets you all worked up and ready for something cool like a 2nd big drop.   You have some animatronics thrown in there for good measure.  Then boom, total let down as you stroll into the station.  

• Like 2

It will serve the same purpose: an extra block.  The coaster will have 3 trains and no mid-course brake run.  So an extra block has likely been added to the back of the station.  My guess is it will be something like Thunderbird's launch barn.

I disagree about the "let down" part.  I personally have always liked Adventure Express' ending. 

• Like 9

It could be similar to the second lift hill on Adventure Express. It gets you all worked up and ready for something cool like a 2nd big drop. You have some animatronics thrown in there for good measure. Then boom, total let down as you stroll into the station.

They should totally expand Adventure Express that would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It could be similar to the second lift hill on Adventure Express.  It gets you all worked up and ready for something cool like a 2nd big drop.   You have some animatronics thrown in there for good measure.  Then boom, total let down as you stroll into the station.

Well then I suspect I shall substitute my Tiki Dance for the Baby Groot Tree Dance.
  • Like 6

I'm starting to realize it may be a bad idea within marketing to ask your customers a question without also supplying the answer you want. Because the longer I think about #WhatsInTheShed, the more smart-alecky and jokey my responses are becoming.

My favorite, (that I hope is my own and not something I heard someone say and later remembered as my own) that I tweeted when I was punchy from lack of sleep last night:

#WhatsInTheShed ? Nothing, it's MT. Empty!

• Like 17

I'm starting to realize it may be a bad idea within marketing to ask your customers a question without also supplying the answer you want. Because the longer I think about #WhatsInTheShed, the more smart-alecky and jokey my responses are becoming.

My favorite, (that I hope is my own and not something I heard someone say and later remembered as my own) that I tweeted when I was punchy from lack of sleep last night:

#WhatsInTheShed ? Nothing, it's MT. Empty!

This will be hyped for nearly 8 months. I feel that is to long and no matter what it is people will be disappointed.

• Like 1

Seriously though some think it might drop you down some how. I think once your inside the shed your lifted and moved around. To make it seem like your caught in the vines. Not sure of the mechanics or visuals involved . Then you are set down and roll out into a FOF type exit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What I'd love to see is a drop track that bounces up and down, while two Vekoma Madhouse tunnels covered with vines and branches spin in opposite directions, creating the illusion of the train getting tossed around by the trees.

I love this idea, not sure how it would work.
  • Like 1

I highly doubt it's anything BUT just a themed portion of track with lighting, sound, and maybe some video projections/mapping. The fact that this ride does not have a MCBR tells me that the park wouldn't add anything to the ride that could slow down its capacity. Stopping a train completely to present a small show with a drop track effect is illogical given how much time that eats up in capacity. The only way I could see this happening is IF they sent out a train up the lift hill (which might explain why it's SO SLOW) the moment another train enters the shed. 

But that would mean they only plan on running two trains. So, don't expect much. Just a cool dark spot of the ride with some light theming elements...nothing to crazy. 

• Like 2

I expect a slow ride with some nice effects through a haunted/evil woods before getting back to the station. Probably will be some computer animated evil trees and maybe even a voice screaming "get out of my forest" or something. ha!

Anybody ever consider maybe KI doesn't have plans finalized for what's in the shed yet and they are scouring fan sites for ideas? Here's your chance:)

• Like 7

New guess!

You come to a giant, three-reel slot machine element. It spins.  If three "winning" symbols are matched, the train and its riders are rewarded with the prize:

1. "Ride Again!" Stay seated and enjoy another spin on Mystic Timbers!

2. "The Bucket!" Prepare to be splashed with lots of cool, refreshing water!

3. "Free ORP" Go get your free on-ride photo!

As limited as our imaginations, folks!  B)

IntheShed4.png

• Like 15