What's In The Shed!?

Coaster Addict

I'm thinking something along the lines of Haunted Mansion at Disney, where actors and special effects come into play. Although having actors in there for long periods of time would be no fun for them.

Did anyone else notice that the track seems curved as you enter the shed? Maybe there's a slight banked turn into the station. I wouldn't think that would be possible for a wood coaster, but I like thinking creatively.

• Like 3

If they want suggestions, I'd love to see brass rings we can try to grab in the shed :)

Ouch! Hopefully the brass rings wouldn't be affixed strongly in their place. It would hurt to have the cart go forward and have my wrist try to stay behind.

• Like 1

If they want suggestions, I'd love to see brass rings we can try to grab in the shed :)

Ouch! Hopefully the brass rings wouldn't be affixed strongly in their place. It would hurt to have the cart go forward and have my wrist try to stay behind.

It used to be a standard feature on Carousels.  There is a dispenser which you would reach out and try to grab a ring from, then there was a hole or slot you would try to toss the ring through.  Only a few parks still have carousels with ring dispensers.

• Like 5

As much as I would hate to see it, it seems like the perfect theme for a ride with VR. Vines climbing the track as you fly by, trees coming to life with the twists, turns, and drops as you dodge their swinging branches. Then finally pulling into the shed for safety only to have the train finally swept up out of nowhere. I feel like it could be done really well, and be very thrilling, but I would also want to be able to enjoy the ride without the input from the virtual world.

• Like 4

I feel like a Vervbolten style show room is much more likely then VR. VR really can hurt capacity, which is not like a people eater B&M already. Iron Dragon is the only one I have seen VR be fine on and it is run in specific hours and reservation style.

That's why I was thinking augmented reality. That way the passengers are not blind with the headset in place.
  • Like 1

Alright after having digested this for a bit I've got a new theory. While I would love a mad house type element I am leaning against it. Same goes for a drop track. So to what I think it is a section of trick track. Could even have the train move slowly forward and backward over the trick track while the video makes it appear as nature tugging against the train. Then entering into the next straight stretch which would be a great place for drop track but I digress. This could be a place for a Vortex tunnel (I think that's what they are called where the cylinder around generally a walking bridge spins around you).

• Like 1

It used to be a standard feature on Carousels.  There is a dispenser which you would reach out and try to grab a ring from, then there was a hole or slot you would try to toss the ring through.  Only a few parks still have carousels with ring dispensers.

I only saw a very brief clip on the Travel Channel of of people grabbing a ring on a carousel at Kennywood , but I didn't know the logistics. Thanks. I only saw hands taking a ring from a socket.

• Like 2

IT'S A TREEHOUSE TO FIGHT OFF ALL THE NAYSAYERS!

If it's a treehouse, then Cedar Fair needs to get in touch with FOX and make a TreeHouse of Horror in the shed for Halloween!

In all seriousness though the shed looks as if it could be an innovative touch on the coaster, making it truly "Mystic" in some FX.

• Like 2