Mystic Timbers: The Poll

McSalsa

Well, I did this for Banshee, so it is only fair...what are your first impressions of Mystic Timbers, now in poll form? Also due to the cliffhanger ending on the POV and stuff, and 2nd question...what do you think is in the shed?

My opinion: While nothing here looks "OMG DIS IS SUPER NEW AND MIND BLOWING" this does look like it is going to be a very good roller coaster, though whatever is in the shed could be a game changer. As for what I think is in the shed, I am guessing Drop Track.

If for whatever reason you dislike this poll, you can always click back. Thank you and enjoy the poll. :P

• Like 5

I think Mystic Timbers looked cool. As for what's in the shed, I'm thinking drop track, an inversion, a dragon (because of the smoke!), teh Splitercat, or possibly a backwards launch...

-MDMC, who is just throwing things out there

EDIT: Fixed formatting. It originally posted in blocks because I was on my phone. Although I'd really like to see a dragon, I don't know if it can be attacked with an axe as Don said "you'll need this" to the press...

I put something else for the second question. I feel ki should cut their losses and not hype the #what's in the shed. People are already let down by the coaster and now they are hyping something else and you won't find out tI'll spring.

How is anyone let down.Its pretty much what most of us expected.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm always excited about new coasters! As for the shed, I vote all of the above.... Greg said rides would be different so I believe that there will have a random selection of events.

1 drop down.

2 blast up

3 dark ride animatronics

4 roll over or sway

5 rain, wind, cold blasts of air

6 combinations of the above.

I'm looking forwards to night rides.... It's going to be awesome!

• Like 8

I also expected this ride with all the rumors and such, but I am excited for it and I think it is a perfect fit for Kings Island. With just getting Banshee a few years ago it is very cool to be anticipating another potential Kings Island classic!

• Like 1

Would love for drop track, and that was my first thought after the teaser, but the more i heard from the announcement and looking at the shed in layout pics the less likely it seems. The engineer said he doesn't know what's in the shed (though could just mean in addition to some track element) and the openness of the area below the shed in the artwork and video makes it seem unlikely to be drop track. So I'm assuming it will be dark ride type stuff. Like wind/rain effects and maybe some animatronics or projections to show the forest spirit attacking and then the "truck" escaping from it. Would love for something to happen with the track itself though too, whether tilting side to side (from vines "tugging" on it) or drop track, but not expecting it right now.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had suspected that KI would announce a GCI and had long hoped for one in the spot where MT is being built.  I have never had a bad experience on a GCI (except Gwazi in its later years).  In an interview with Adam House he said that being that GCI has a local office he is excited to have one of their rides so close to take potential clients to see.  I can only hope that means that this ride will have a little more time and attention put into the design to make it something extra special.  

The only thin that I am disappointed with are the animations released by the park.  I feel like the physics and some of the modeling in the animation is way off from what the actual experience will be and overall the animation is meh.  It is clearly No Limits and is not even close to being on par with how good the animation was for Banshee.

My mind isnt blown but i think it will be a really good coaster, GCI hasn't made one yet i dont like.  A roller coaster doesn't HAVE to be 300 feet high to be a good coaster. I think everyone should save their thoughts until they have actually ridden it.  As for whats in the shed , i put something else, i just think it will be a dark/scary forest themed dark area.  At first i thought that maybe there was a hidden drop that would be dug out that we can't see, but from the renderings i dont think thats the case.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I think of Mystic Timbers. I voted that I'm excited but my mind isn't blown. This is one of the more family friendly coasters that we've seen over the years and I honestly don't have a problem with it. In my opinion, if Kings Island wanted to make this ride more intense then they would have. If you expect KI to come out with a new, highly intense thrill ride every couple of years then you were most likely somewhat disappointed when this ride was released. However, if you look at it as a more family style coaster then I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. I say a family style coaster because basically anyone over 48" can ride it, its lower to the ground, and it has a curved drop. It's not the biggest coaster in Kings Island's line up, it's not the fastest, or the longest but it works for the park. 

But then again, I'm probably being too critical. 

• Like 2

I think Mystic Timbers is going to be like Maverick. By that, I mean that it didn't wow a lot of people right away and doesn't have the flashy numbers or records that high-thrill coasters often have. But I think it's going to pack a hell of a punch and will surprise many, many people with its intensity. I truly think this coaster will appeal more to enthusiasts and thrill-seekers than to families. In other words, this ain't no family coaster, ya got that? :P

• Like 3

I also was thinking that MT could share some similarities with Maverick.  After it crosses over the lift to go towards White Water Canyon it looks pretty low to the ground and will carry a lot of speed and quick transitions throughout the course.  I just watched a pov of Gold Striker last night which has similar stats in height and length and was really impressed at how fast it was over the whole course.  I really think MT will surprise most people.

• Like 2