Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

So the major bombshell tonight was that it was the FIRST of TWO major announcements this summer. A second announcement is coming in mid-August, and AFAIK, we have zero hints so far. That is, unless some of the tweets and other social media posts from the park that we couldn't figure out how they related to what we now know as Mystic Timbers instead have something to do with this second announcement. Anyway, just when you thought decoding was over for the year, it's BONUS ROUND TIME!

To copy some of the guidelines over from this year's first decoding thread:

Before we get started, a few ground rules, from lessons learned in the original Decoding thread (for what turned out to be Banshee):

• No trespassing. Yes, there was an incident three years ago when the Decoding thread was temporarily shut down due to a (now-banned) user who trespassed in the construction area. Suffice it to say that Don was mad. Don't do it again.
  • Along those same lines, no posting of any illegally obtained photos/videos, whether yours or someone else's. This means not just anything obtained by violating the law, but park rules as well.
  • Be nice. This should already be covered by the TOS, but the last Decoding thread featured a number of arguments (mainly between two specific coaster manufacturers) that occasionally got out of hand. Let's try to avoid that on this go-around.
  • Speaking of the TOS (Terms of Service), those can be found at http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/4128-terms-of-service/ (the persistent link at the top or bottom of the forums, depending on which skin you use, doesn't work).
  • Above all, use common sense. If something doesn't feel right, perhaps you're better off not posting it.
If you're new to KICentral, welcome! I expect that this thread will see a steady flow of new users posting in it throughout the season, just as the original Decoding thread (which was the speculation thread for what turned out to be Banshee) did. Before you start posting, a few tips:
  • I recommend that you read the Terms of Service (linked above) in their entirety before posting. It's a fairly quick read, and it's always a good idea to be familiar with the rules of an unfamiliar website before using it.
  • If you really, really want to post now and don't want to take the time to read the TOS, the two most important rules from the TOS in relation to this thread are these: first, if you post a photo that you did not take yourself, you are required to state the source and include a link to that source if at all possible, and second, you cannot post "confirmed information" that the park has not publicly announced without including the full name of the source. This latter point means that if you're claiming that an employee gave you inside information, and you want to post it, you MUST include the employee's name. On that note...
  • "Those who speak do not know. Those who know do not speak." In other words, those who really know what's going on (which does NOT include seasonal employees) aren't going to be leaking information (more than likely, their lips are sealed by a non-disclosure agreement), and those who claim to have information are almost certainly making it up.
  • Be aware that this community has a history of being largely self-moderating, so if you violate the TOS, your mistake is just as likely to be pointed out to you by a regular user as an admin/moderator. Understand that they're usually just trying to help you learn the ropes and that they don't have a vendetta against you; just say thanks and learn from the mistake so you don't do it again. Plenty of users have started here on a bumpy road and gone on to become active, respected users. Also, one mistake, or even a few mistakes, are highly unlikely to lead to a ban. User bans are fairly rare here.
  • Lastly, know that Kings Island park officials do read these forums, including PR director Don Helbig. Don occasionally posts on KIC as "DonKIPR", though I wouldn't expect him to post in this thread. Regardless, don't be surprised if a social media post by the park indirectly references the discussion here. Notably, at one point in the original Decoding thread, somebody commented that Don could tweet something about apples and we'd take it as a clue of some kind, and about an hour later, he did exactly that!

Finally, please note this this thread is NOT a place to discuss Mystic Timbers construction. For that, please see the Mystic Timbers Construction Progress thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32259-mystic-timbers-constuction-progress/

Happy decoding (again)!

• Like 15

We're just getting started, but I'll go ahead and post what I want it to be. I want a record breaking log flume(as funny as that sounds) in the area between The Beast and Diamondback. Or maybe a themed boat ride like Escape From Pompeii at Busch Gardens. A super high water ride final splash down. Really miss KCKC.

• Like 8

I would be sad if they announced the removal of any current rides, though I doubt they will. I suppose as of now, I'll lean towards the return of Winterfest or something along the lines of special events for 2017.

*Off topicness* Im wondering, how much longer will The Bat last? I know maybe not next year, but when can we expect it to be removed? That space could be used for the Giga we all think were getting down the line.

I would be sad if they announced the removal of any current rides, though I doubt they will. I suppose as of now, I'll lean towards the return of Winterfest or something along the lines of special events for 2017.

*Off topicness* Im wondering, how much longer will The Bat last? I know maybe not next year, but when can we expect it to be removed? That space could be used for the Giga we all think were getting down the line.

The Bat is a Great ride. Very underrated. Sure it's placement is bad. But it has a good service record.

There is still plenty of room for a Giga in other areas of the park if they ever decided to get one. Keep in mine a Giga is not the end all be all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Does anyone else find it interesting that they did the announcement on the side of the Crypt/TR:TR building? I'm starting to feel like that building is going to have a different purpose next year.

And having mystic timbers construction vehicles in the area would be a great cover story to hide work going on inside...

• Like 3

I'm going to guess that whatever the next announcement is for it will involve the Crypt building... Can only speculate the content for that. Heck there was enough room behind the Crypt for several flats, if they wanted to go that route too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I've seen some guesses here and the other thread mention Halloween Haunt or Winterfest.  Keep in mind he did said two attractions for 2017.  It wouldn't be likely to announce a Haunt attraction 1.25 years early and Winterfest (if it happened) would start in 2016 (if it was next year I doubt they would announce that 1.5 years early).

I'd say it's rather safe to eliminate those options as well as a coaster. Also it's not likely a kids attraction or water park attraction.

• Like 5

I found it interesting that Greg said that they would announce the second attraction once all of the details are finalized... I don't remember if he actually used the word attraction or not for the second announcement as I only quickly watched a video of the announcement while on my lunch break at work. Either way it surprised me that there are two new things for next year... Hopefully the second announcement isn't just them saying they are revamping an area of the park that needs it and it's actually something exciting. Maybe it will be our new dark ride coming? One could hope :) the only reason why I still ride boo blasters is because it's indoors and it's one of the only rides my wife can still ride. At first I thought it could be an announcement for haunt or something like that but then remembered this is for next season not the end of this season. Maybe a new restaurant up in the IR area? Guess we shall see in a few weeks :) I for one am excited about what all has been said so far even though I can't ride the new coaster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the second announcement was dealing with #WhatsInTheShed. I don't believe their is another attraction or ride or anything. The second announcement will only be about an additional element on Mystic Timbers.

My mistake, you guys are correct. Awesome, more things to look forward to! 

Edited by GreyByDefualt
  • Like 2