Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE................WAIT FOR IT......................................................................................................................................PEANUTS SPEEDWAY!!! or you can just call it Thunder Alley 2.  <_<

WATCH OUT DINOS! YOU ABOUT TO BE LEFT IN THE DUST! Beastbuzz15.jpg

• Like 5

Actually a go kart track that follows the DA path would be great...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually sounds pretty cool. Racing through the woods, with the elevation changes. Could potentially connect with Coney Mall or X-Base. (Maybe a sci-fi theme of some sort if the latter.) :)

• Like 2

Interesting analysis on the whole Mystic Timbers announcement and some discussion on the next announcement.

Interestingly enough, WinterFest would not be that bad to have this year.

• Like 3

For everyone who keeps guessing Winterfest... They said ATTRACTION not event.  They said 2017 not 2016.  You would not announce Winterfest for the following year this early.  You'd confuse people (people are dumb).  Use some logic.  You may not be able to narrow it down but you can eliminate obvious things it's NOT.  It is not Winterfest nor is it anything for 2016.  He specifically said 2017 and the word attraction.

• Like 2

I know it was mentioned last year when we were getting hits about the water park addition and the toll plaza...wouldn't a revamp of the main gate fall under both the 'major' and 'capital' banners in the accounting books?

I would love to see this but they just spent some money on upgrading all the turnstiles ( I guess just gates now?) and adding big TVs as well. I just don't see this happening within at least the next 2-3 years.

I know it was mentioned last year when we were getting hits about the water park addition and the toll plaza...wouldn't a revamp of the main gate fall under both the 'major' and 'capital' banners in the accounting books?

I would love to see this but they just spent some money on upgrading all the turnstiles ( I guess just gates now?) and adding big TVs as well. I just don't see this happening within at least the next 2-3 years.

Cedar Fair's CEO Matt Ouimet in an interview posted on YouTube said that there would be no new front gate at Kings Island. Also the front gate was renovated back in 2014 when Banshee opened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

^How about an announcement that the TVs at the gate will be accurate as to which lines are open?

That's at fault with the Admissions associates as they have control over the TV's via an Ipad, but they don't change the lanes instantly. Don't rely on technology to tell us which lanes are open when you can easily see via, a person standing (Or sitting) at the turnstile. 

• Like 6

I think it will be a flat. 1 of those European flats CF went hunting for last year. I don't know it to be a fact, but I had heard, The Whip was on that list to hunt for. Crosses fingers :-)

I recall enjoying Linus' Beetle Bugs as a kid. (Though I'm sure it was called something else at the time.) I would like to see an adult-sized whip ride find a home at KI.
I have heard that The Whip at Americana was still on property, but don't know about that now. I would love an adult version!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

^How about an announcement that the TVs at the gate will be accurate as to which lines are open?

That's at fault with the Admissions associates as they have control over the TV's via an Ipad, but they don't change the lanes instantly. Don't rely on technology to tell us which lanes are open when you can easily see via, a person standing (Or sitting) at the turnstile.

Likewise don't rely on the app to tell you if a ride is open or not.

• Like 1

Obviously I'll go to whatever lines have people in them. It's just a little pet peeve I have against inaccurate signage.

• Like 2