Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

^"Claims that an employee told them it's Winterfest"

Could be true, could be not true. Could be an ill informed employee.

It's sad, kinda, that when people make those claims they often can't cite a source because they'd out a friend and get laughed at for not citing a source. They're better off just not saying anything.

• Like 1

Since a few other Cedar Fair parks are making announcements tomorrow, I believe we will be getting something similar or exactly the same. Here's what I think it may be:

• Plant Snoopy expansion (KD has hinted a few pictures on their social media accounts of Snoopy "snooping" around) 
  • New 4D attraction and/or dark ride
  • (highly speculated) Winterfest
  • Removal of WindSeeker for a new attraction (like Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland)

OR we could be getting something completely different than those parks:

• Some X-Base attention (maybe we're finally getting that bathroom we've been waiting for ;) )
  • Festhaus update
  • Flat ride(s) in the back of Action Zone by The Bat with a connecting trail to X-Base
  • Updates to International Street/front of park
  • Like 2

I have heard there will be a lot of renovations to Hotels this upcoming offseason which will take a lot of money from CF, so MT might be the biggest coaster investment this year. I think my personal guess is either general renovations like repainting Racer and helping FestHaus kind of like KD did with their anniversary OR a action theater ride.

No. This is what it said:

Major Announcement Planned For This Thursday

Last month, Kings Island announced it was building a new wooden roller coaster for 2017, Mystic Timbers. Park officials, in announcing the new ride, also stated there would be another announcement regarding another attraction planned for 2017 this summer. The much-anticipated second announcement will be made this Thursday (August 18) at 11 a.m. in the Festhaus. Guests visiting Kings Island are invited to attend.

• Like 2

No. This is what it said:

Major Announcement Planned For This Thursday

Last month, Kings Island announced it was building a new wooden roller coaster for 2017, Mystic Timbers. Park officials, in announcing the new ride, also stated there would be another announcement regarding another attraction planned for 2017 this summer. The much-anticipated second announcement will be made this Thursday (August 18) at 11 a.m. in the Festhaus. Guests visiting Kings Island are invited to attend.

Ok, cool. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Careful Dub, you know what happens to the beggars and demanders. First they are stashed under the tarps, then we move the bodies through the "secret tunnels" and then they become part of the footers. :)

Just like Jim my Hoffa?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Spell check messed up Jimmy! Would be awesome if the said that since all attention was on Rivertown, they were secretly starting a Giga coaster somewhere else in the park. Part of a diversion. Of course this wouldn't happen, too much investment for one year.

Careful Dub, you know what happens to the beggars and demanders. First they are stashed under the tarps, then we move the bodies through the "secret tunnels" and then they become part of the footers. :)

Just like Jim my Hoffa?!?

No. Hoffa is NOT buried under Kings Island Theater. Look somewhere else.
  • Like 2

Really hoping for a new dark ride or Boo Blasters really needs to be refurbished. It is starting to remind me of Phantom Theater in its later days when the animatronics sometimes didnt move correctly. If anyone has ridden Boo Blasters lately, youll know what I mean as Boocifer, last time I rode Boo Blasters, didnt play his organ at all and then he yelled at the end that we'd never leave Bleakstone Manor although he wasnt even moving his lips or moving at all really. We badly need either a new dark ride, or a refurbishment of Boo Blasters. I guess its good we have a dark ride though at all! MaestroJr

• Like 3