Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the second announcement was dealing with #WhatsInTheShed. I don't believe their is another attraction or ride or anything. The second announcement will only be about an additional element on Mystic Timbers.

Mistaken indeed.  What's in the shed was specifically said would not be revealed until Spring.  

He mentioned this attraction for 2017 would be announced mid August.  

• Like 5

I found it interesting that Greg said that they would announce the second attraction once all of the details are finalized... I don't remember if he actually used the word attraction or not for the second announcement as I only quickly watched a video of the announcement while on my lunch break at work. Either way it surprised me that there are two new things for next year... Hopefully the second announcement isn't just them saying they are revamping an area of the park that needs it and it's actually something exciting. Maybe it will be our new dark ride coming? One could hope :) the only reason why I still ride boo blasters is because it's indoors and it's one of the only rides my wife can still ride. At first I thought it could be an announcement for haunt or something like that but then remembered this is for next season not the end of this season. Maybe a new restaurant up in the IR area? Guess we shall see in a few weeks :) I for one am excited about what all has been said so far even though I can't ride the new coaster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He said  "there are two attractions for 2017"

• Like 5

Thank you Bruce..... I wasn't sure if I heard it correctly or not. I haven't had a chance to watch the full announcement yet since I don't have Internet at home (sad I know). I have seen a lot of negative remarks about this ride already but I've also seen some positive ones... As I have said before I'm happy and excited for it even though I won't end up riding the ride for one main reason..... It will help make the other lines shorter for the rides I do ride. I am still very excited to see what the other announcement will be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A dark ride is needed, and there is the empty Crypt building...so my bet would be that.  I may be in the minority, but I think this "zombie" fad seems to be a little long in the tooth.  If they invested in something like that, imo, it would run the risk of being dated shortly after investment. 

I'd love to see something near The Bat, but the landscape may not allow it.  That ride requires such a long hike to get to. 

• Like 5

The land where the old Days of Thunder / James Bond indoor ride is really flat and relatively underdeveloped.  I wonder if that would be an option for a dark ride?  Take a look at that area next time you ride WindSeeker and you can see there is a lot of area that could be used.  Although it looks like that building is now being used as a maintenance area.

• Like 3

They said they will announce their next CAPTIAL investment so that leads me to belive that nothing is leaving. Hopefully a Mass Effect ride like at CGA. They cant cost much considering Carowinds got one after Fury 325 and that is over double the cost of Mystic Timbers and Carowinds makes less money than KI.

• Like 6

They said they will announce their next CAPTIAL investment so that leads me to belive that nothing is leaving. Hopefully a Mass Effect ride like at CGA. They cant cost much considering Carowinds got one after Fury 325 and that is over double the cost of Mystic Timbers and Carowinds makes less money than KI.

Speaking of Mass Effect. Not sure if alot of people know this but the Banshee scream you hear going down the first hill is from a Character called a Banshee in the Mass Effect video game that was released in 2012. Makes me wonder if EA games and CF had a partnership that goes back to 2014.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

There has been reported work by Action Theatre, this leads me to believe it's probably Plants vs. Zombies, Mass Effect, or some other similar attraction that being installed in Action Theatre.  

Another option is the return of Winterfest for 2017.  Both could be completely wrong.

• Like 6

Plants vs. Zombies. It could also tie in with a Coney Mall revamp.

I'm with SonODiamondback, this talk about The Racer leaving is depressing to think about.

Complete agreement.  Carowinds has had the attraction to see it's popularity and work the bugs out.  It is in a building that is exactly like Action Theatre back by The Racer.  They could work on it during the winter (if they haven't started already) because it's an indoor attraction.  My only question would be is how much of the building is being used for urgent scare?  I'm assuming just the right half is the haunted house leaving the left side open for the new ride.

• Like 3

I am leaning towards Plants vs Zombies, Mass Effect, possibly both, or a third EA property.  Both is possible because they each only take up one side of the theater.  

Another roller coaster is unlikely unless it is a wild mouse.  I think a custom wild mouse would be a good fit in the big box.

Flat ride is possible.  Everyone seems convinced that Carowinds is only getting 4 flat rides from Europe.  Except when they were originally announced Cedar Fair purchased 7, and stated 5 were going to Carowinds, and 2 to Worlds of Fun.  So not sure what happened there.  Beyond that a new flat ride is also possible.  Also the ride pickers were supposed to go to Japan next never heard anything about that trip.

Was it actually announced the other announcement is an attraction?  The 45th anniversary is coming up, could be a major refurbishment project.  I keep expecting the park to build a new campground with cabins at some point.  Cedar Fair announced a few months ago they were going to be building hotels and cabins on currently undeveloped land at the parks.  Carowinds seems an obvious choice.  But Kings Island also successfully supported a campground for a long time.

• Like 4

I'm guessing either MagentaLizard could be right about the antique cars maybe returning, or they'll add a flat.

Since Mystic Timbers will likely be a less expensive coaster addition than in recent years, I bet a flat isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I'll be thrilled if the flat is inside the Crypt building. But either way it's exciting to see Rivertown getting some TLC!

• Like 6

Plants vs. Zombies. It could also tie in with a Coney Mall revamp.

I'm with SonODiamondback, this talk about The Racer leaving is depressing to think about.

Complete agreement. Carowinds has had the attraction to see it's popularity and work the bugs out. It is in a building that is exactly like Action Theatre back by The Racer. They could work on it during the winter (if they haven't started already) because it's an indoor attraction. My only question would be is how much of the building is being used for urgent scare? I'm assuming just the right half is the haunted house leaving the left side open for the new ride.

I agree with this but with the speculation of urgent scares possible demise is it possible for them to do both sides as a dark ride? But at the same time I have this gut feeling that it has to do with the giant box in rivertown... What if they did a dark ride in there to go along with The Beast, Diamondback, and Mystic Timbers?? I think that would be awesome! I really like the direction Kings Island and Cedar Fair are moving in with theming.

• Like 9

I think there are several things.  I would love to see the return of Winterfest (and loved all the Christmas in July touches they had), I doubt that they will announce this August for Winterfest for next year.  Right now California`s Great America will be the test this year, and it was stated on  a conference call that if successful, they would look to roll it out to up to four additional parks in 2017.

The revamp of the Action theater makes sense.  it also makes sense if they added a flat ride to the former Flight Commander site.  (I would also love to see them add a flat ride and restroom back in X-Base.)  I could also see them adding a flat ride to the Crypt building, and keeping a theme of Mystic Timbers to tie in with River town.

The other thought I had was a retheme/revamp of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. 

There are lots of options.  I am excited for Mystic Timbers and whatever else the park is going to add for 2017.  It is hard to believe that it has been 17 years since Son of Beast was under construction!

• Like 11

As much as I think it will be Plants vs. Zombies, I would love what others are suggesting like a 45th Anniversary refurbishment. Maybe see GCI retrack The Racer, as it is the reason rides like Mystic Timbers exist (one of the reasons why I don't think it's closing soon), maybe a restoration of theming in some areas.

Only time will tell, though.

• Like 6

I'm hoping they bring back the Antique Cars to me all amusement parks need an Antique Car ride of some kind

If they put a 4D Dark Ride in Action Zone the EA IP's they haven't used yet are Need for Speed, Battlefield, Dead Space, Crysis, Dragon Age and Medal of Honor

• Like 4

I know what the second ride is its called:  Its the Line Ride.  Its where you stand in line for 5 min before being let out.  Just kidding of course.  I know that they were doing some work at the Action Theater earlier this year anyone know anything new about that.  Maybe they are putting something back in there. 

Seems Im a bit late on this :)

Edited by WWC2003Amy
  • Like 3

Think "Front Gate," my friends.

You see? ...and now, someone with acumen please find and post the recent, "Peanuts-infused" front gate picture that started whispers of speculation a few months back... anyone?

I think you might be onto something here.  I saw they added some white picket fences to the front entrance, and they don't fit at all IMO.  They totally remodeled the parking lot entrance last year, so it would make sense to remodel the front entrance this year.  

Cedar Point had their front remodeled a couple years also.  

• Like 1

Speaking of Mass Effect. Not sure if alot of people know this but the Banshee scream you hear going down the first hill is from a Character called a Banshee in the Mass Effect video game that was released in 2012. Makes me wonder if EA games and CF had a partnership that goes back to 2014.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that both companies sourced the audio file separately. It does not belong to EA.

• Like 1