Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

When Greg said 2 major announcements. I was thinking, oh Winterfest. But after thinking about it, I'll agree with CoastersRZ; I think it would be a bit early for them to announce Winterfest for 2017. I'm thinking. If MT is probably between 10-13 million, and the parks 45th is next year, and GCI is in the house....maybe a Racer refresh?? Not change it per say, just maybe some retracking, or a complete overhaul with new Millennium Flyers??

Sent from my iOS 10 device

• Like 4

Some possibilities I came up with:

• The return of Winterfest (Christmas in July may have been a test to see how people reacted to it)
  • Plans for the empty area behind Banshee
  • Haunt announcement
  • 45th anniversary offerings
  • The future of the 4D theater in Coney Mall or Coney Mall in general
  • Better Wifi after that live stream last night (I ended up watching WCPO's live stream which was probably better than KI's)
  • The future of the big tan box 
  • A ride rethemeing 
  • The Beast getting an animatronic Beast or Splintercat ;) 
  • Park expansion
  • A ride removal
  • Like 7

• The return of Winterfest (Christmas in July may have been a test to see how people reacted to it)
  • Haunt announcement
  • Better Wifi after that live stream last night (I ended up watching WCPO's live stream which was probably better than KI's)
  • A ride rethemeing 
  • Park expansion
  • A ride removal

He said 2017.  Why would they announce Winterfest 1.5 years ahead of time?  That can't possibly be it.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2016 at 2:25 PM, Italian Job 2005 said:

I believe what Greg said was that there's two "capital expenditures" in the makings for 2017.

So something that costs money with significant change to the park hopefully.

-

• Like 3

They said they will announce their next CAPTIAL investment so that leads me to belive that nothing is leaving. Hopefully a Mass Effect ride like at CGA. They cant cost much considering Carowinds got one after Fury 325 and that is over double the cost of Mystic Timbers and Carowinds makes less money than KI.

Speaking of Mass Effect. Not sure if alot of people know this but the Banshee scream you hear going down the first hill is from a Character called a Banshee in the Mass Effect video game that was released in 2012. Makes me wonder if EA games and CF had a partnership that goes back to 2014.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gL4XqkQOFU 

Yup!

• Like 2

• Haunt announcement
  • A ride rethemeing 
  • Park expansion
  • A ride removal

He said 2017.  Why would they announce Winterfest 1.5 years ahead of time?  That can't possibly be it.

To get the hype up and so they can promote it early. Gives people a reason to want to buy a Gold Pass.

I'm fairly certain- remembering a post from the first decoding thread- that winter fest is being tested at one or so of the other CF parks this year to see if it is successful enough to do as a company each year. However, I personally don't have first hand knowledge of that- just relaying what I remember reading on here. Either way I'm doubtful of Winterfest returning in 2017 to our beloved KI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There has been reported work by Action Theatre, this leads me to believe it's probably Plants vs. Zombies, Mass Effect, or some other similar attraction that being installed in Action Theatre.  

Another option is the return of Winterfest for 2017.  Both could be completely wrong.

Then again, it could be for Haunt construction. But who knows?! Hope they update that theater!

• Like 3

There has been reported work by Action Theatre, this leads me to believe it's probably Plants vs. Zombies, Mass Effect, or some other similar attraction that being installed in Action Theatre.

Another option is the return of Winterfest for 2017. Both could be completely wrong.

Then again, it could be for Haunt construction. But who knows?! Hope they update that theater!

I hope that it has to do with Haunt. Having heard they gutted the action theater and with the possibility of the big box being used for some other projects- I'm concerned about the fate of Urgent Scare and Madames. And Tombstone Terrortory is no longer a thing either. That doesn't leave many actual haunts for Haunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This second announcement clearly isn't as exciting as Mystic Timbers, and apparently not even fully figured out as of the 28th.

But it's very difficult to determine the 2nd announcement because we dont have anything to really go off of. We don't even know if it's a ride, or a refurbishment of an existing ride *shrug*

Right now, the marketing department seems to want us to speculate on what's inside the shed.

Whatever will be there, hopefuly exiting riders won't spoil the surprise

• Like 3

I, too, found it interesting that they did their announcement on the side of the Crypt building.  I'd love to see that turned into something really cool!  I'm really hoping for a new dark ride of some kind.  Either a retheme of Boo Blasters, or a new one somewhere else in the park. 

• Like 7

Mystic Timbers won't come close to the area with the fence put up in April that was cleared and had the teaser signs. Antique cars would fit nicely because of the kids area right there, plus the retaining wall would help make that area flat. Only problem is the train.

That area is where the MT station and queue will be. MT will cross above the train both entering and exiting the station.

Keep those eyes peeled!

• Like 5

What about a renaming of Rivertown to something like The Woods, it would fit the ride names over on that side better?

I love the idea, but The Woods needs trees.

Rivertown can be more or less tree-less, because it's a settlement on the edge of the woods. I don't like it, but I can still explain it away.

• Like 6

some of my guesses

*Vortex refurbishment and paint job for the 30th anniversary season  

*New flat ride(s) based on MY guesses with this, Mystic Timbers will only cost $12-15 million, there are currently no strong rumors that any other Cedar Fair park is getting a new coaster in 2017

*Action Theater ride- I've ridden the one at Carowinds and thought it was okay, wasn't really impressed

*Crypt Building Dark ride- we can all dream can't we :P 

• Like 6

Rivertown needs a big water ride for sure!  I prefer it to be a brand new one as I said before. There is plenty of room in the woods between Beast and Diamondback. Make it happen KI... I mean....the area is called Rivertown after all.

• Like 4

I'd love to hear:

1. Paint jobs (Rhino Shield or Lifetime Exteriors... something better than just paint this time) for Vortex, Firehawk and the Eiffel Tower;

2. Royal Fountains restoration (I miss the lights);

3. Symphonic music on International Street (I'll keep "harping" on this)... ;) ;

4. Return of the Coney Mall arch;

5. Another Brady visit :wub:

• Like 14

My post copied from the original 2017 decoding thread:

Do you think the other announcement will be some upgrades to The Beast and Racer? Maybe GCI gave the park a good deal with having them do track work on both coasters mentioned and new Millennium Flyers. Kinda what they did for Ghost Rider at KBF.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 8