Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

What if the 2nd major announcement ends up being something to do with a long vacant area?

Where is that? I can't tell due to the sideways photos.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Yeah. I used the photo capture via tapatalk.. dont know why it saved sideways. Next time I'll take it with my camera first
  • Like 3

0958b6e698142b82b5810a69bc0d62d0.jpgdd1ea9e0701cc46c1efe137d1fa71914.jpg

What if the 2nd major announcement ends up being something to do with a long vacant area?

That's funny. I took some pics of the same area when I was at the park last Monday. Has there ever been a Haunt here?

59d12fb0d37f4fb869bdfde911b9d2d6.jpg0390cf4fbb2ab4090cb12230c50b2ef6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I personally would hope the next capital expenditure being wouldn't be something for Action Theater.....for a couple of reasons. 

I don't know Mass Effect and don't know many who do. (not saying there isn't folks here that don't).

Plants Vs. Zombies at Carowinds was fun, but I don't feel as if it's done correctly. There are two screens with 34 people on each side.....those 34 people on your side every time they shoot (including you) a round circle with the number is shown on the screen where the person has shot....now trying to find your number on a screen with 33 other folks isn't easy. Not to mention, it's not calibrated correctly. I tried to stay center of the screen and my number would pop up to the far left of the screen. 

I think it's a great building for Haunt....I personally would rather have it expand through both "theaters" to be a bigger haunt. 

The building also hosts tech services for the park......while a ride or attraction wouldn't really have any change in that. So if it were a "major" attraction, that could move tech services. 

There also is a bottle neck to get to that area....imagine how much worse it'd be if it were to be a big investment. 

• Like 4

MAYBE a Planet Snoopy expansion? I come to this conclusion by a recent addition to the KI events page on the site (https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/events-and-promotions): Happy Birthday Snoopy. 

Maybe an announcement like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8-9jNdh4w

With (some of) these flat rides:

• Like 3

I don't know Mass Effect and don't know many who do. (not saying there isn't folks here that don't).

From what I've heard, Mass Effect: New Earth is actually pretty good. After all, it's not a glorified MMO with motion seats. If Action Theater were to get ME:NE or something similar using a EA property, I'd be up for that.

• Like 2

If Planet Snoopy were to expand again, I'd want this version of Peanuts Pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgxTQOj44bk

I got the NoChicken's on it this year (I rode it last year) and I think they enjoyed it as much as I do.

Get your own, let us keep our's; don't steal it like we did the Flyers. Just messing, it is my favorite flat ride in the park.
  • Like 4

the mention of Planet Snoopy sparked my memory.  Valleyfair had a really cool, 2 story "fun area" (not sure what to call it) for kids that featured a bunch of soft foam ball shooters,vacuum tubes to suck the balls up from the first floor to the 2nd so that they could be loaded into the "shooters" from above, ramps, etc......  All in the comfort of AC.  it was a pretty cool area that could be enjoyed by kids of several ages.  Not sure how to describe properly in order to do it proper justice, but something like that ramped up with more climbing nets and slides would be a hit in Planet Snoopy.

• Like 6

I personally would hope the next capital expenditure being wouldn't be something for Action Theater.....for a couple of reasons. 

Plants Vs. Zombies at Carowinds was fun, but I don't feel as if it's done correctly. There are two screens with 34 people on each side.....those 34 people on your side every time they shoot (including you) a round circle with the number is shown on the screen where the person has shot....now trying to find your number on a screen with 33 other folks isn't easy. Not to mention, it's not calibrated correctly. I tried to stay center of the screen and my number would pop up to the far left of the screen. 

I think it's a great building for Haunt....I personally would rather have it expand through both "theaters" to be a bigger haunt. 

The building also hosts tech services for the park......while a ride or attraction wouldn't really have any change in that. So if it were a "major" attraction, that could move tech services. 

There also is a bottle neck to get to that area....imagine how much worse it'd be if it were to be a big investment. 

Tech Services is located in the basement and their shop is fairly small.  They could possibly put a ride on top if they were to tear it down, however, I think it's unlikely anything but a motion theater still attraction would be located in that spot. 

• Like 1

If Planet Snoopy were to expand again, I'd want this version of Peanuts Pirates

I got the NoChicken's on it this year (I rode it last year) and I think they enjoyed it as much as I do.

This reminds me of Jabber Jaws. Boy do I miss Hanna Barbara :( 

• Like 4

Mass Effect has a super interesting universe and could be amazing, but the games were pretty adult oriented. I would think they would have to water it down to make it more family oriented.

I doubt the ride time would allow much adult content. They did James Bond before with no problems.

• Like 2