Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

I think we'll get some teasers, yes.

Refresh my memory, has it been indicated at all when we might be getting the second announcement? I remember someone (I think Don) saying we wouldn't find out what was in the shed until the ride opens.

If the second announcement is in August or September, it changes my guesses as to what it might be, versus if it came sometime during October.

Today, KI's Instagram featured yet another pic of the train. The train was also beside the announcement field during the first announcement, although I assumed it was being used as an obstacle to make sneaking out of the assigned area much more difficult for anyone inclined to do so. However, it is possible that they are already teasing us that there will be more differences with the train experience next year than Mystic Timbers to look at.

If I had a vote, I'd want more theming, especially a return of the train actors and/or animatronics.

• Like 12

I think we'll get some teasers, yes.

Refresh my memory, has it been indicated at all when we might be getting the second announcement? I remember someone (I think Don) saying we wouldn't find out what was in the shed until the ride opens.

If the second announcement is in August or September, it changes my guesses as to what it might be, versus if it came sometime during October.

Mid-August

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 8

^^^^ You can't just remove trim brakes from a ride, it would need a lot of reprofiling. Right now there would be unacceptable forces on the ride and riders without the trim brakes.

I dunno Greg said him and Don and a bunch of people road it before checkpoints were installed why not without trim brakes ;)

Edit: j/k about the brakes guys. And I was also incorrect about the team who took that daring first ride on The Beast

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 3

After reading about the Mass Effect ride. I would love to get something like that here But maybe Model after Need For Speed. Then again the great thing out those is you could switch it out every few years. But I would be happy with Racer repainted or parking out repaved or just some improvements around the park

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In terms of the train itself, there's a possibility we could receive a brand new train station, given the close proximity to Misty's first act. Maybe the Soak City drop-off could also receive a proper station and tie in with the fort that sits immediately behind it.

• Like 6

^^^^ You can't just remove trim brakes from a ride, it would need a lot of reprofiling. Right now there would be unacceptable forces on the ride and riders without the trim brakes.

I dunno Greg said him and Don and a bunch of people road it before checkpoints were installed why not without trim brakes ;)

After riding it without trims it was decided to install trims... At least that's what I've heard... :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It also wasn't anyone from the current management, you are thinking of Mr. Speigel and some of the executives back when it had yet to open. Plus it has been stated multiple times that the trims ARE needed for the ride. It basically boils down to good rides for a month or 2 until the maintenance costs become too high to keep it going. The Beast has something like 95% of the wood being from the original structure.

• Like 9

Well hang on, now that I think about it, don't they usually announce Haunt mazes/changes and stuff around Mid-August? I'm guessing it may be a very big haunt announcement. I mean considering this year is the 15 year anniversary of Haunt? Makes sense.

No. This announcement was stated as being for 2017 capital. They're not going to announce it over a year early.

And Haunt announcement usually comes around Labor Day.

• Like 4

Whoa I totally wasn't serious about no trim brakes. Notice the ;) afterwards. But you are correct on all of your points

I didn't mean it as like a angry post or anything, but a lot of people seriously just say "take off the trims" and think that will be okay. I guess it is just after hearing it a lot for the past few years I got to the point where I explain it every time it is mentioned, even to my own family.

But I think the announcement will be a flat of some sort, I feel a dark ride would have been finalized already, but that is just me.

• Like 4

Keep in mind that the comment about details still being finalized doesn't necessarily mean anything major. It could mean something as simple as the logo still being tweaked or the teaser video still being worked on. So that comment doesn't automatically rule out another big, major attraction on the scale of Mystic Timbers (or bigger).

The following is wild speculation with no evidence to support it: B&M wing coaster in Action Zone flying over the entry plaza (outside the main gate), with Timberwolf being removed to make room for it. Hey, if Gatekeeper can start construction in September, then it's possible.

• Like 5

Well hang on, now that I think about it, don't they usually announce Haunt mazes/changes and stuff around Mid-August? I'm guessing it may be a very big haunt announcement. I mean considering this year is the 15 year anniversary of Haunt? Makes sense.

No. This announcement was stated as being for 2017 capital. They're not going to announce it over a year early.

And Haunt announcement usually comes around Labor Day.

Thats right. I knew that I had a brainfart my bad. Still betting on Flat in The Crypt building, also calling it The Crypt. Reusing the name.

• Like 3

This thread has 6+ pages already of "decoding".

You all obviously don't know anything about what's in the shed.

I guess it's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.

Funny because this is not the decoding thread for what is in the shed. It is the decoding thread for the mid August announcement. 

But I guess its true, Ignorance is bliss.

Edit: Also Ouimet has said the Kings parks won't get any gate coasters.

• Like 12

If Timberwolf is removed, I want a giga to go there.

I'd rather have a Giga in Coney Mall. That way it can zip out into the woods for a few low turns or tunnels.

Putting a giga where the stage is would probably send the ride towards the parking lot. With that in mind, I would want it to turn around near the sign out front.

• Like 1

Off topic but what is the biggest capital investment in Kings Island History for one season? Is there any possible way we will see a nice set of flat rides for the park also with MT being built?

Not 100% sure but I believe 2014 was with Banshee's addition. They said i was the highest cost of any ride addition at the park at $24 million. So if the ride alone coast that much you could add at least another few million on for other additions and enhancements to the area like The Bat's repaint and new name/signage, the chicken Shack, and the new pavers and AZ plaza area in the middle. So I'd guess they spent around $30+ million that year for everything. Though there could have been another year that had multiple mid-level additions and improvements that could have pushed it over that price point too/. Don't think they ever release full investment costs for the year, just ride costs sometimes.

But considering the GCI coasters are usually on the cheaper end for CI, there could still be enough budgeted for the addition of a flat or two.

• Like 1