Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

^ While I agree, I don't like dealing in absolutes. It would be a first, I think, to expand with two coasters in one year, but there's a first time for everything. I'm in no way saying I believe there's another coaster in the works.

Probably not even a flume or flat that would require permits for construction, or else I'm guessing those would have been discovered in Mason city hall by now. It's probably a dark ride utilizing an existing structure that will be renovated to suit.

Then again, remember when the toll plaza was part of last year's hints? The second announcement could be something as mundane (in terms of 'attractions').

• Like 5

The best thing that I think they could do?

Make Vortex great again!

Modern restraints would make me want to ride it again.  My biggest complaint about Maverick was the restraints.  They replaced those, and presto.  A fabulous, fun ride.

• Like 7

IIRC as a kid at SFSTL in the early 70s some outlaws stopped the train briefly for a robbery. Pointing fake guns at passengers would probably not go over very well these days. Different times.

I know Silver Dollar City still does that on their train from footage I saw from Coaster Studios, don't remember if the robber had a gun though.

• Like 3

I wonder if a spinning wild mouse would fit in the tan box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have to be a completely custom design, but it should be possible.  The problem is the building is not as large as some people think it is.  The building is approximately 100' ft x 100' ft.  No idea how tall it is but there is enough space to make it work.

Sometimes I wish the park would use the building for a new attraction other times I just wish they would get rid of the building.  It is blocking the area between The Beast and Diamondback and there is a lot which can be done with this area.

• Like 3

I want to make one of the most ridiculous speculations and highest of conspiracy theories of all conspiracy theories in a “decoding” thread….so take this with a grain of salt….

During Announcement #1 decoding, there was mention of an axe being sent to media outlets
http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31913-decoding-episode-ii-rivertown-2017-and-the-falling-trees/page-202#entry736863

The announcement of Mean Streak Last Rites, an axe and mention of the word axe is mentioned heavily:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcva24mxU0

The most far fetched and obtuse decoding from the realm of Area 51, Art Bell, X Files, and The Kardashians is Cedar Fair moving Mean Streak from Cedar Point to free up area in the back of the park to Kings Island. 

Please be gentle in throwing stones and realize this decoding should be taken in the spirit of fun and light hearted humor.  J

• Like 14

Fingers crossed for an extensive train rehab...

What about the train needs rehabbed?

Probably some upgraded theme-ing along the route is all I can think of.

Exactly. I'd like to see it be used for something more than just a transport to Soak City with an obnoxious soundtrack.

• Like 3

^ While I agree, I don't like dealing in absolutes. It would be a first, I think, to expand with two coasters in one year, but there's a first time for everything. I'm in no way saying I believe there's another coaster in the works.

Probably not even a flume or flat that would require permits for construction, or else I'm guessing those would have been discovered in Mason city hall by now. It's probably a dark ride utilizing an existing structure that will be renovated to suit.

Then again, remember when the toll plaza was part of last year's hints? The second announcement could be something as mundane (in terms of 'attractions').

Yea I feel the same way. I just don't see a park like KI adding to new coasters in one year, even if they are both cheaper. It'd be better to spread them out to help keep interest generated and high. It would make for a huge year having two new coasters but likely be another 3-4 years at least until the next one, whereas thy could spread it out and do one every other year over the course of 6/7 seasonsand keep high appeal versus a really high year that decreases over the next half decade until the next major coaster

• Like 3

I want to make one of the most ridiculous speculations and highest of conspiracy theories of all conspiracy theories in a “decoding” thread….so take this with a grain of salt….

During Announcement #1 decoding, there was mention of an axe being sent to media outletshttp://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31913-decoding-episode-ii-rivertown-2017-and-the-falling-trees/page-202#entry736863

The announcement of Mean Streak Last Rites, an axe and mention of the word axe is mentioned heavily:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcva24mxU0

The most far fetched and obtuse decoding from the realm of Area 51, Art Bell, X Files, and The Kardashians is Cedar Fair moving Mean Streak from Cedar Point to free up area in the back of the park to Kings Island. 

Please be gentle in throwing stones and realize this decoding should be taken in the spirit of fun and light hearted humor.  J

That was the first random thought that crossed my mind when I saw the axe in the MS video and I have no doubt many others did as well. Fun to joke about but moving a woodie is not cheap and probably wouldn't save much money over building something from the ground up. It's almost 30 years old. Many are absolutely certain about an RMC job, I am skeptical,
  • Like 7

That was the first random thought that crossed my mind when I saw the axe in the MS video and I have no doubt many others did as well. Fun to joke about but moving a woodie is not cheap and probably wouldn't save much money over building something from the ground up. It's almost 30 years old. Many are absolutely certain about an RMC job, I am skeptical,

OMG!  I am not completely crazy...well, I am completely crazy....but at least others saw what I saw.  LOL  - Can today just be Friday already? 

• Like 2

I was thinking about one of Don's tweets from long before many of the teasers came out for MT. bf727b17c68dbca3960e83f78f7db4ea.png

I find it interesting that he would mention cryptically that there are good photo ops at CSF in Batavia. I still think two coasters added at the same time is about as likely as lightning striking twice- but one can dream.

• Like 9

I think it will be a flat. 1 of those European flats CF went hunting for last year. I don't know it to be a fact, but I had heard, The Whip was on that list to hunt for. Crosses fingers :-)

I recall enjoying Linus' Beetle Bugs as a kid. (Though I'm sure it was called something else at the time.) I would like to see an adult-sized whip ride find a home at KI.

• Like 4

Also they said MT made 5 wooden coasters....

Beast

Woodstock Express

Racer.....

Adam House (the GCI designer) said that MT was the 5th wooden, not Don or Greg. So I think we should mark that statement as an unofficial count and leave it at that.

Officially, KI counts Racer as one and does count SurfDog as one.

When ride wait times scroll on the FunTV, you will notice that they will list the wait time for racer S as well as the wait time for racer N.. (Which are always the same but help indicate of both are running that day).

Based on this, I'd say the park considers them as two coasters.

• Like 3

Also they said MT made 5 wooden coasters....

Beast

Woodstock Express

Racer.....

Adam House (the GCI designer) said that MT was the 5th wooden, not Don or Greg. So I think we should mark that statement as an unofficial count and leave it at that.

Officially, KI counts Racer as one and does count SurfDog as one.

When ride wait times scroll on the FunTV, you will notice that they will list the wait time for racer S as well as the wait time for racer N.. (Which are always the same but help indicate of both are running that day).

Based on this, I'd say the park considers them as two coasters.

Racer is one, straight from Don: https://twitter.com/DonHelbig/status/759190940422668288

• Like 2