What really BUGS me.

DontWantToWait42mar0

It's obvious now that Cedar Fair is going to spend all the bank to put in the biggest and best rides at Cedar Point.

Just go to Cedar Point instead you say? Well that would sound reasonable if they didn't have a serious bug infestation.

The way I see it, the best thing that can happen to Kings Island is to be sold to a company that knows what it actually needs. The people who talk about making it more about families, news flash! Kings Island is not going to become Disney Ohio all of a sudden.

Also the food KI tries to peddle is on par with school lunches from back in the 90's

• Like 1

Kings Island has always had a heavy family focus, if anything Cedar Fair has changed that focus toward more thrill seekers. Go to the point in May, a lot less bugs then. And The number of major additions KI has gotten is on par with the Paramount days and is not bad at all, better than most other parks even. A new coaster every 3 to 4 years is pretty good. The new coaster should be good for thrill seekers as well. I found Lightning Racers very enjoyable.

• Like 12

1. It's the flagship, of course they will. I expect Carrowinds will get a lot of love as well as it has growth potential. MT may not be some shock and awe coaster but should be fun, and I could care less what is in the shed really, that's just fluff. Do you think a company like SIX would do better with the park? Go ask the enthusiasts in St. Louis how they feel.

2. We were at the dry park from 4-11 Wednesday and the boys got in 13 coasters, only bug problem was front row on MF. Must have just been a good night. We left at 7:45 AM and got home at 2:15 AM. No problem, I can handle it.

3. Nope it won't and thank God! As a family we have never been to ANY Disney park and unless we score free tickets probably won't. Not everyone likes dark rides and dancing with a mouse. They could care less for flats as well, the ONLY one they showed interest in this year was MaxAir. I honestly believe my boys will have 10x more fun going to CP/KI once a week than Disney for 5 days a year.

4. Can't argue with that but I don't go there for fine cuisine. All the kids are interested in is chicken strips anyway and they are no worse than any fast food and they raved about the ones from Potato Works. Throw in a pretzel and some ice cream and they are happy.

That's just my take on the situation.

• Like 16

1. It's the flagship, of course they will. I expect Carrowinds will get a lot of love as well as it has growth potential. MT may not be some shock and awe coaster but should be fun, and I could care less what is in the shed really, that's just fluff. Do you think a company like SIX would do better with the park? Go ask the enthusiasts in St. Louis how they feel.

2. We were at the dry park from 4-11 Wednesday and the boys got in 13 coasters, only bug problem was front row on MF. Must have just been a good night. We left at 7:45 AM and got home at 2:15 AM. No problem, I can handle it.

3. Nope it won't and thank God! As a family we have never been to ANY Disney park and unless we score free tickets probably won't. Not everyone likes dark rides and dancing with a mouse. They could care less for flats as well, the ONLY one they showed interest in this year was MaxAir. I honestly believe my boys will have 10x more fun going to CP/KI once a week than Disney for 5 days a year.

4. Can't argue with that but I don't go there for fine cuisine. All the kids are interested in is chicken strips anyway and they are no worse than any fast food and they raved about the ones from Potato Works. Throw in a pretzel and some ice cream and they are happy.

That's just my take on the situation.

Well stated and agree with all your points. Though will say that I love Disney but yea it's more about dark rides and experiences than big flats or coasters.

Also people keep talking about wanting additions like Cedar Point gets but the last few coasters/additions they have had I saw met with lots of criticism as well. Calling Gatekeeper weak an Valravn(or any drop coaster it seemed) dull and one note, and the less said about Shoot the Rapids the better. So for all the want of CP's additions, quite a few of these enthusiasts complained about those as well.

I agree that MT seems like it will be a great addition to the park. Looks like a fun, thrilling coaster that the family can enjoy. As someone else said in another post, the last non-Planet Snoopy addition with a height requirement under 52" was BLSC in 2005, that means that it will have been 12 years since the addition of a "family" style ride outside of PS. While in the mean time we have had multiple roller coasters and flats added (Including 2 major thrill coasters since '09). So I'd say that this was what KI was needing most at this time, more so than a huge giga or looping coaster. 

• Like 3

Let me offer you some advice. If this BUGS you soo much and is so bad you have to complain and make idiotic posts on this site.....

How about you stop posting on this site, and stop going to Kings Island and Cedar Fair parks.

The best way to deal with things that bug you is to ignore it, and to move on. (And that includes not starting threads like this)

• Like 8

The last time I checked, the Disney parks did not have 16 roller coasters. Building a giant spectacle of a ride every other year is bad for business: read the articles about Geauga Lake, specifically the one from bkroz. 

Kings Island has, and always will be, a family park. Sorry to burst your bubble but families outnumber you by quite a large margin. 

• Like 9

BEFORE YOU REPLY TO THIS THREAD, consider this thing I have already said about a similar post he made in an unconnected topic:

Good example here. 

Pops into a thread to rehash the unpopular things he's already said elsewhere.

Will say anything to start an argument.

Posts the same things over and over, sometimes as new threads that literally get locked and it doesn't slow him down or soften his delivery.

A contrarian – always has the opposite viewpoint of whatever a majority of others think.

Ignores follow-ups to his post. (In other words, he doesn't say something controversial hoping it'll to start a worthwhile conversation, to learn something new, or to see how others feel. He says it just to stir the pot. Once he's said it, he flies off to another thread to post something else irritating.) 

This is a troll.

• Like 13

It's obvious now that Cedar Fair is going to spend all the bank to put in the biggest and best rides at Cedar Point.

LOL

Cedar Fair has spent more than $60 million going back only to 2009, and this includes only major cap ex, including literally the longest invert anywhere. And that number jumps to more than $70 million if you include Mystic Timbers. 

Given where KI ranks in terms of CF's overall existing and projected revenue, that is perfectly appropriate.

• Like 4

Just go to Cedar Point instead you say? Well that would sound reasonable if they didn't have a serious bug infestation.

The way I see it, the best thing that can happen to Kings Island is to be sold to a company that knows what it actually needs. The people who talk about making it more about families, news flash! Kings Island is not going to become Disney Ohio all of a sudden.

Also the food KI tries to peddle is on par with school lunches from back in the 90's

I agree Cedar Fair is going to spend all the bank to put the biggest/best rides at Cedar Point.  Disagree with just about everything thereafter.  

I love Kings Island, and think the new ride coming looks like a heckuva lottta fun.

I do also, however, support you expressing your opinion here without being called names and having your opinions dismissed accordingly.  Been there.  :-)

• Like 3

Sorry, but I must throw this troll a snack. Everyone has their own opinion, but to start a thread like this is childish. I can't stand water parks. Do I cry and stomp my feet because we got Tropical Plunge? No. I'm an adult. Not a spoiled child that didn't get their way. A true coaster enthusiast  welcomes whatever that comes to their home park. I have never seen so many cry babies, as I have in these forums. That's what Facebook is for. If it's drama and attention you're looking for, you can plenty of that there. You know what really BUGS me? People like you, being allowed to start threads like this. People that claim they are coaster enthusiast and then start drama and cry about everything. Grow up. Don't be a baby. #dramaqueen

• Like 9

I agree Cedar Fair is going to spend all the bank to put the biggest/best rides at Cedar Point.  Disagree with just about everything thereafter.  

I love Kings Island, and think the new ride coming looks like a heckuva lottta fun.

I do also, however, support you expressing your opinion here without being called names and having your opinions dismissed accordingly.  Been there.  :-)

I can see both sides.

Expressing disappointment because the ride that was anticipated is not going to happen (i.e. giga), should be expected by everyone, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is a forum. It would be terribly boring if everyone thought the same way.

But why make your opinion known on the forum in a separate thread (using CAPS in the title so it can stand out), and then have no interaction when other members disagree?  It does come off as: "I'm going to stir up the pot with my own view, and watch it boil over."

Now add in the line about CP having a serious bug infestation...... LOL!  It's a park surrounded by water.  What do you expect?  Lake Erie is known for their mayflies.  So much, there is a website dedicated to them:  http://www.mayflynews.net/

There is little that anyone can do to influence Mother Nature to keep bugs away from CP, just like there is little CP can do to keep seagulls away (another gripe by many that is also laughable).

• Like 6

That's... really not worth saying. If you wanna talk about it, maybe open a new thread to talk about how an international destination park owned by a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate is better than a regional amusement thrill park. But why sign up here at this Kings Island fan site and start out with a post like this? Certainly doesn't fit in this thread, either. Imagine if, in real life, people were having a face-to-face conversation about bats and roller coasters and capital investment and you walked up out of the blue and said out loud: "Hi everyone. Nice to meet you. I just wanted to say, every Disney Park is better than every park you're talking about." Okay, Kanye... That'd probably kinda kill the buzz and ruin the conversation, huh? Odd.

bkroz, who's separately wondering if you've been to Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris which is, by far, not as good as most Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or "family parks." A conversation for elsewhere.

Welcome to KIC! ... I think.

• Like 2