What really BUGS me.

DontWantToWait42mar0

Do yall hear the sirens?

It's the unofficial internet police, here to shut down anything he doesn't agree with in an attempt to win the internet.

Just came here to say that any Disney Park is better than any Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or family park. But I know I'm probably in the minority on this website  :)

Well you might see it differently once you're older than 10.

I sincerely can't work out the complexity behind you accusing me of trying to shut down anyone I don't agree with and two minutes later, returning to the thread to shut down the SAME POSTER by calling them a child. You are truly a Trumpian wonder! 

• Like 3

Do yall hear the sirens?

It's the unofficial internet police, here to shut down anything he doesn't agree with in an attempt to win the internet.

Just came here to say that any Disney Park is better than any Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or family park. But I know I'm probably in the minority on this website  :)

Well you might see it differently once you're older than 10.

I sincerely can't work out the complexity behind you accusing me of trying to shut down anyone I don't agree with and two minutes later, returning to the thread to shut down the SAME POSTER by calling them a child. You are truly a Trumpian wonder! 

1) We're not allowed to talk politics on this site, I would know I tried. If you support Hilary, well that's your business, or lack thereof.

2) I was already in the process of responding to him, when there was a notification of a new post. I responded to yours first so I wouldnt have to quote 2 different posts. I'm not going to waste time having a back and forth with you no matter how desperately you try.

I saw people in this thread discussing Disney Parks so I thought I'd comment. I guess I should have added that I also greatly enjoy Kings Island as well. I'm a Disney fan that is trapped in the Midwest (which I do love!), and Kings Island is the closest thing to Disney-level entertainment. I think it's possible to like both, yet acknowledge that one is better.

Just came here to say that any Disney Park is better than any Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or family park. But I know I'm probably in the minority on this website :)

Really? How many gigas or stratas does Disney have? Please list them.

I thought we all agreed that stats don't define how good a ride is. To me, the best rides are the ones where I am completely immersed in a story or theme. Pure thrill is for sure awesome from time to time, but it can never touch a well made Disney ride.

^ I never agreed to anything. Stats alone don't define but they do matter. I could care less about a theme on an outdoor coaster the scenery matters to me, inside theme does make a difference. Dark rides and most flats do absolutely nothing for me anymore.

You may not be a minority on this site, there appear to be a lot of mouse lovers here.

If you reread your post with a more critical eye you may realize it came off as rather trollish. I do the same sometimes. :)

Enjoy your stories.

• Like 1

This topic reminds me of a question I've always wanted to ask... Is there a method to ignore or completely hide a thread on KIC?  I like to use the "View New Content" option, but it would be nice if there was a way to completely suppress certain topics/threads that aren't of interest.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

This got entertaining very quickly!

I mean, it has approached the absurdity of "my opinion is better than yours"

I agree. I have every right to argue that one park is better than the other just as other posters can do the same. It's all a matter of personal preference.

• Like 1

It's obvious now that Cedar Fair is going to spend all the bank to put in the biggest and best rides at Cedar Point.

Is it actually obvious?  I do not believe it is.  Since Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount Parks the capital expenditures on new roller coasters has been very similar.

Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount Parks in 2006.  Since that time Cedar Point has installed three new coasters, Maverick in 2007 which cost $21 million, Gatekeeper in 2013 which cost $25 million, and finally Valravn in 2016 which a local news agency reported cost $15 million but to my knowledge the park never publicly discussed the price.  The $15 million dollar price tag is reasonable based on the cost of similar dive coasters, although it still feels a little low to me but not by a lot.

In the same time period so far Kings Island has installed two coasters and announced a third.  The first Diamondback in 2009 cost $22 million, Banshee in 2014 cost $24 million, and finally Mystic Timbers which based on similar coasters is likely around $12 million but similar to Valravn no price has been publicly discussed.

So Kings Island is getting new coasters at a similar rate to Cedar Point, Cedar Point had 6 year gap and a 3 year gap, while Kings Island had a 5 year gap and a 3 year gap.  The costs are similar at Cedar Point total $61 million dollars vs Kings Island total $58 million dollars.  

I just do not see it, Kings Island has been getting significant coasters, you might not like what they just announced, you might not even like what they have been installing, but the complaints about Mystic Timbers are not very different then what the coaster enthusiast communities felt when Maverick was announced.  Actually I remember a lot more hatred of Maverick then I have seen so far for Mystic Timbers.

• Like 11

Since old Paramount parks were purchased by CF in 2006, it would be reasonable to say 2008 would be the first year to really start to put in any new rides in these parks.  It takes at least 2 years to plan these so this seems reasonable.

Just to recap major rides since then in KI and CP:

CP since 2008: Valravn, Gatekeeper, rethemed Mantis, Sling Shot, Pipe Scream, Glider.  ( I forgot Shoot the Rapids but does it count?)

KI since 2008: Diamondback, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, Glider, Tropical Plunge, (rethemed Bat but....)  

According to this list, KI actually got the better coasters than CP.  

Besides, old Paramount parks got the following coasters in other parks: Behemoth and Leviathan in CW, Intimidator and Fury 325 in Carowinds, Goldstriker in Great America, Intimidator 305 in Kings Dominion.  These coasters are fantastic coasters which I feel are better than any at CP.  

• Like 2

I enjoy it. It looks great on the midway, especially when viewed from Celebration Plaza. The first drop is fun, though it can't beat Mantis's first drop as a stand-up. (There may not be many who agree with me on that last point.) The dive loop isn't bad.

Overall, it's a solid ride that I'd wait up to 20-30 minutes for. You'll find me on Maverick, Magnum, Gemini, Dragster and even Gatekeeper more often, though.

• Like 2

Valravn is not what I would call a destination ride.  I would not go out of my way to ride this. I like Sheikra and Griffon better than Valravn.  My favorite part of Valravn is the view from the top of the first hill.  No, this view does not beat the two best views thus far which are Magnum and Great White.  I like the ride better than Gatekeeper which really is not saying much.  I like Wicked Twister and Raptor better than Gatekeeper.

I will ride Magnum and Maverick all day with occasional ride on Millennium Force.  These two rides are the reason I go to Cedar Point.  

• Like 1

Considering I just spent the most horrible weekend ever due to a "Florida" person, I will keep my butt right here in the Midwest. She thought everything about Kings Island and Cedar Point were sub-par and that only Florida parks know how to do things, I can give you her number if you like so you can both compare together. Thank goodness my husband and I are going back alone.

• Like 3

Considering I just spent the most horrible weekend ever due to a "Florida" person, I will keep my butt right here in the Midwest. She thought everything about Kings Island and Cedar Point were sub-par and that only Florida parks know how to do things, I can give you her number if you like so you can both compare together. Thank goodness my husband and I are going back alone.

Bring her to Kennywood, Hershey, and BGW next time.

If she feels the same, tell her to stay in FL. ;)

• Like 2

Oh I would love to tell her to stay in Florida, but I'm a nice person and will just let it go. I've been to Disney and Universal and they are wonderful but for real coaster enthusiasts nothing compared to what we have up here. I do want to get back to Hershey, it's been about 25 years since I've been there and I loved it. I just can't stand people that think they know it all and feel they are so entitled.

I feel like the only person who doesn't get why Magnum XL-200 is so great. The main thing I remember is how painful the bunny hills at the end were. What is it that keeps fans coming back to that thing?

I'm guessing it is probably mostly nostalgia since it was the first hyper coaster. Diamondback is for sure a much better, smoother ride.

It all depends on the kind of airtime you like. Diamondback and the B&M's all focus on floater airtime while the other models usually focus on Ejector airtime. Instead of prolonged sensation of flying out of your seat you are physically thrown out of it. I imagine 90% of the airtime on Mystic Timbers will be this way, except those restraints are much more comfortable IMO.

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm a bit off topic. But what really BUGS me is that horrible 5-song rotation plying in the park this year. I would rather listen to someone drag their fingernails across a chalk board than to some of these. Every time I hear a Sam Smith song I want to throw rocks at the speakers.

Oh, and the 'work ethic' of a lot employees it seems this year...

• Like 5