Mean Streak Gets the Axe September 16th

I honestly figured that this would be the last season for MS when the ride opened later and had one less train. Now, I didn't necessarily want it to be true and with the rumors that it was closing in July (and it didn't) I thought maybe my thoughts and the rumor about the ride not returning next year weren't true. 

I can say I'm a little sad as I've had some good rides on it, I've had some good memories on it but I'm looking forward to what's next. Will get a few more rides on it before it closes for good.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I didnt think it'd be a 2017 anyways... but why is there already so much track on site, not just in the park, so early if it would be for 2018?

Introducing the longest "Wooden" roller coaster in the world! From Maverick to Millenium Force. It's Mean Streak R3BORN!!
Isnt the track that has been arriving RMC's I Box track?
  • Like 1

There's actually been a lot of work done, installation has begun. A lot of track and supports have been removed.The deconstruction/construction that has been completed so far is in line with how RMC did work on Cyclone at SFNE. 

As far as just because they installed Valravn this year doesn't mean they're not going to debut another ride next year....what has happened in the past doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same this year or next.

I didnt think it'd be a 2017 anyways... but why is there already so much track on site, not just in the park, so early if it would be for 2018?

Introducing the longest "Wooden" roller coaster in the world! From Maverick to Millenium Force. It's Mean Streak R3BORN!!

Yes it's I Box! 

• Like 5

Typical RMC Red, for the most part. A bit darker.

Adding to speculation..

A woman who answered the phone at Rocky Mountain Construction said she couldn't talk about the project. "When they make their announcement, we're free to talk about it."

That makes it really seem like RMC does have a project at Cedar Point, but they're not allowed to talk about it until their announcement. The way she worded it, It makes it sound like there actually is something. but they're with a NDA contract.

• Like 2

I am not aware of any time period during their history where there has been back to back coaster installations. No saying it can't happen, but it's highly unlikely.

There's actually been a lot of work done, installation has begun. A lot of track and supports have been removed.The deconstruction/construction that has been completed so far is in line with how RMC did work on Cyclone at SFNE. 

As far as just because they installed Valravn this year doesn't mean they're not going to debut another ride next year....what has happened in the past doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same this year or next.

Yes it's I Box! 

See also Batman: Knight Flight (+Superman/Roadrunner Express/Villian) and X-Flight for SFWOA's 2000/2001 seasons.

On a side note, I was just wowed by the fact that Six Flags spent that much money that season on coasters (because B&M's and CCI Hybrids aren't cheap, ya know ;))

• Like 3