Mean Streak Gets the Axe September 16th

Nice little teaser for a 2018 announcement.

By the way, there is a picture going around right now taken on CP Property of Mean Streak. I am not going to post the picture for reasons that should be known, and if you don't know. I will say this.

If you see the picture, do not share it. Don't show anyone. CP does not photos taken on park property, as you will be trespassing the park. (Pictures beyond the park, like with a large zoomed in camera taken from across Lake Erie if you dare, are okay.) 

I wrote to Tony a month ago talking about the issue as I was someone who posted a similar photo and I was apologizing to the park, as well as for someone else as well. He stated, and I am quoting. "They (People who enter the park) do not have permission to be on property or to be shooting photos or video"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I haven't been following Mean Streak closely.  Are they trying to to get this open for this season?

Because nothing has been officially announced there are people who continue to argue it can open this year.  But realistically it is for 2018.

• Like 3

I will go ahead and state this just in case some people don't know whats going on:

Please DO NOT post any pictures or link any pictures of the current construction of RMC Mean Streak unless legally obtained and approved by Cedar Point*

It seems some websites have done so and Cedar Point isn't thrilled, and have gone to the extent to contact said websites in order to get the photos taken down. Which is completely understandable considering most photos were obtained illegally. However, I think I have seen that photos taken during winter chill-out are approved by CP to be posted. I hate being that guy but I'd rather us be safe than sorry! :)

*pending admin approval

• Like 8

My guess is that this will have most inversions for an RMC'd coaster. Will be interesting to say the least. 

I am in the camp of 2018 based on the fact that you wouldn't spend that much on a project and not help to push season pass sales for the season it opens. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think the takeaway from that link is the article, not just the picture. It's suggesting that Twitter account is actually being run by the park as a teaser. I personally find that unlikely. Sure, it could be a cool tease, but why would the park intentionally encourage people to break their own rule? I believe it's run by someone who is at the park everyday working for either Cedar Fair (putting that job in danger ) or a construction worker on MS / Cedar Shores.

• Like 1

I don't think it is so much encouraging anyone to break the rules so much as a nod to the interest without making an announcement to the general public. It's basically giving an insider view to the people who are interested, because they know otherwise a few will make it their mission to get their own (illegal) photos. 

It's not as though the park has been particularly secretive with what was going on, at least with the enthusiast community. From the clues at the Mean Streak mock funeral, to inviting enthusiasts to the closed park and allowing them to view (but not photograph).

The Twitter account certainly feels in the same vein, giving enthusiasts their window into the process, while continuing to avoid making an actual public announcement until they feel the time is right to do so. They get to control the message while discouraging fans from going to extreme methods to document for themselves. After all, no one is going to be able to compete with the quality of pics coming from someone who is clearly at liberty to go and photograph where they please (and the jokey post about hiding aside, this account doesn't read like someone who doesn't have free access). 

It will be interesting what they do once the GP is allowed back into the park. There is no doubt that the number of interested parties will grow once everyone can't avoid seeing something is in the works. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind not all photos taken have been on park property. A lot of websites, including some like CP Rundown, have taken the time to be on a boat, or on the island away from Cedar Point with a zoomed in camera to take said pictures. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 10:49 AM, CoasterOhio said:

The first inversion isn't a Corkscrew or a G-roll, it's looking like a stall. 

It looks to be a zero g roll, then it goes back under the lift into another one, at least that's what I got from my observations/pictures.

Its a zero-g/barrel roll the track does a complete inversion twisting the train to the right. The track appears to take a right handed turn that ends up banking 90 degrees, going under the lift hill, then heads into another roll/stengel dive/zero-g stall that will send the riders into a left hand turn. The first inversion and frame of the second inversion are photographed by me below. 

DSC_0577 (Touch).JPG

DSC_0498 (Touch).JPG

• Like 6