Valleyfair: Enterprise Announcement

Camden had one for while. Bunch of people got hurt on it. I think it was just removed a couple or three years ago.

I don't recall them having one when I visited in 2010, but I could be mistaken. I don't remember a whole lot about that park since it was just a day trip and that's the only time I've ever been out there.

Hmm... 

Don't know how often they use their amphitheater, but that spot plus the enterprise spot could make a good spot for a station and lift hill on an invert the size of Raptor that could also interact with the front gate.  Valleyfair could certainly use a new coaster, and a solid B&M invert would fit that park very well.

Camden had one for while. Bunch of people got hurt on it. I think it was just removed a couple or three years ago.

I don't recall them having one when I visited in 2010, but I could be mistaken. I don't remember a whole lot about that park since it was just a day trip and that's the only time I've ever been out there.

I may be wrong on my time frame. It sat to the right of the main walkway basically on the edge of the path in front the mini golf. Or somewhere in that general area.

• Like 1

Hmm... 

Don't know how often they use their amphitheater, but that spot plus the enterprise spot could make a good spot for a station and lift hill on an invert the size of Raptor that could also interact with the front gate.  Valleyfair could certainly use a new coaster, and a solid B&M invert would fit that park very well.

Valleyfair just got All Wheels Extreme to my knowledge, so I don't think the ampitheater will be going. I'm thinking they'll put a Funtime Slingshot there.

• Like 1

It should be noted that Kennywood's Volcano was very recently (as in: during the 2015-2016 off-season) replaced with Lake Compounce's Enterprise. I haven't heard how well it's been operating, but the old one was down all the time. It's still named Volcano, but the actual ride itself is different from previous years.

I don't know that I've heard what they're doing with Kennywood's old Enterprise... Spare parts, perhaps? I wonder who makes spare parts for Schwarzkopf rides. Maybe Intamin? It's my understanding that they own the designs for Schwarzkopf rides.

• Like 3

It should be noted that Kennywood's Volcano was very recently (as in: during the 2015-2016 off-season) replaced with Lake Compounce's Enterprise. I haven't heard how well it's been operating, but the old one was down all the time. It's still named Volcano, but the actual ride itself is different from previous years.

I don't know that I've heard what they're doing with Kennywood's old Enterprise... Spare parts, perhaps? I wonder who makes spare parts for Schwarzkopf rides. Maybe Intamin? It's my understanding that they own the designs for Schwarzkopf rides.

Intamin brought Schwarzkopf rides at somepoint according to Carowinds.com and actually Intamin sold the US rides instead of Schwarzkopf. So sometimes Intamin gets credit instead of Schwarzkopf.
  • Like 1

The Enterprise was not The Spider.

The Enterprise accident at Camden Park was in 1993! It sat where the Flying Scooters are now. It was removed after the incident in 1993 resulted in appromately 50 injuries.

• Like 1

The Enterprise was not The Spider.

The Enterprise accident at Camden Park was in 1993! It sat where the Flying Scooters are now. It was removed after the incident in 1993 resulted in appromately 50 injuries.

Huh, well i know it wasn't the Spider. That much we agree on......

The year the accident happened I'm not sure of, But i remember seeing it when I first took my oldest. And that was in 03 or 04. Thunderbolt Express was still standing, too. 

I really think it was to the right of the Ski Lift, if you was standing in front of the entrance to the ride. Or somewhere in that area. 

What we need is some pictures.

That wasn't Enterprise. That was Skydiver, kind of a very large Rock-O-Ferris-Wheel.

Enterprise fell, quite literally, in 1993.

Enterprise was parallel to the ground when parked and rose up at an angle while the wheel revolved and had silverish cars. Skydiver was blue with red, white and blue cars and perpendicular to the ground, while the cars could and did rotate as the whole wheel revolved.

• Like 2

There is a perfect place for Valleyfair's Enterprise at KI. They could place it right in the old Flight Commandor location, it would be a great location given the fact the concrete is already in place and the queue with the exception of the railing is still there. Hopefully this is KI's second announcement, an Enterprise would be a great addition to Coney Mall!

And the queue for Flight Commander would need some reworking, as it was designed so that riders entered from the "center" of the ride.  That portion was filled in with concrete years ago. 

I do agree that a classic flat ride in that location would be a big hit.

• Like 4

And the queue for Flight Commander would need some reworking, as it was designed so that riders entered from the "center" of the ride. That portion was filled in with concrete years ago.

Wow, that is interesting!
  • Like 1

And the queue for Flight Commander would need some reworking, as it was designed so that riders entered from the "center" of the ride. That portion was filled in with concrete years ago.

Wow, that is interesting!
http://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=4&pid=129#top_display_media