Kings Island 7/28/2016: A Mystical KIC Announcement Day Experience

stashua123

Well I promised you guys I was going to make a trip report about this day and I am living up to this promise! 

Thank you everybody whom I met on this day for making my day great, I was expecting a memorable visit to Kings Island but I had no idea that it would be this memorable, thank you all!

Since this TR will be mostly be made of words instead of pictures, this will be a one part TR. 

Well without further ado, here is my Trip Report from the first of I guess TWO announcement days this year!

Kings Island 7/28/2016!!!

Arrival: 2:31 PM

Going through the tolls for about the 5th time this year, I was dropped off at the Kings Island sign. I said farewell to my brother and my friend, Yu Fong. They went over to Soak City and stayed their until closing and eventually left the park all together before picking me up at 11 PM. I strode down the walkway to the entrance, I noticed they had the security gates staffed which has not happened when I have been there since Early June, which to really think about it is understandable since what ended up being a crowd of about 3500 people showed up for Kings Island's announcement and a lot can happen in a crowd of 3500 people despite my gripes about security at KI being very inefficient and almost not useful. I entered the park and sent Malem a text wondering where the KIC group was as Aandjgoods and Ohiocolts were not going to show up until much later. I was heading the way of Diamondback when I got the text that they were at Origins in the left side of the theater. I was a little hesitant to go since I wanted to badly ride Diamondback but after 20 seconds of deliberating I decided I might as well go with their. I walked down International Street, noting the great music they were playing and went into the Kings Island Theater. I noticed the group, waved, and sat next to Thrill_Biscuit. The show began, it was pretty great and while not as impressive and as long as the last show I saw, it was still great!  9/10. After the show we all got our picture from I believe her name was Amy Lucas in front of the Kings Island Theater. Goble wanted to see Jump the Dog Show and others wanted to see the Cirque cast members so Malem, BeastForever, Freaks76 and I decided to leave and ride some rides. We first went on Diamondback. The line was only about 5 minutes long. We saw CoasterGeek101 and briefly said hi to him, we all had filled out our guesses as to what the new coaster was on our nametags. We went on row 3 of Diamondback with BeastForever in the front row with me and Freaks76 and Malem behind us.... it was a great, fun and awesome ride as per usual! :) 9.9/10. Well after this realizing that I had just gotten my paycheck the day before and feeling a bit rich, I decided to splurge a little bit on myself by getting all season FunPix so I dont have to rely on Ohiocolts anymore(but thanks anyway! :) ) for them. I will probably get an on-ride photo keychain at some point. After buying FunPix we all decided to head on over to the FUN AND ONLY! ( :P) The Beast! I got on 6-1 with Freaks76 and BeastForever and Malem were behind us... the ride was great, smooth and crazy.. the helix had a bit more laterals than I was expecting! 10/10. After one great Beast ride and getting an on-ride photo, we decided we would ride BLSC, which at this point only had a ten minute wait, pretty good for that coaster! Told some stories, saw Princess Sparkles operating the ride, and in line for row 5 with BeastForever with Malem and Freaks76 in row 6. I somehow fit on this ride though I have no clue how... the launch is intense, the helix is really intense and the othe rparts of the rollercoaster are FUN! I need to go on this more often, 8.5/10. After a great ride on BLSC we went on Vortex. BeastForever and Malem got on 5-1 and Freaks76 and I got on 7-1. The ride was a bit rougher than normal and was a bit dizzying by the end, but it was still a good Vortex ride. 7/10. 

13882583_10155075018663696_3905138574716

From Left to Right

Back Row: Freaks76, BeastForever, stashua123, Malem, Thrill_Biscuit and Magenta Lizard.

Front Row: The No Chickens (Mr and Mrs) and Jcgoble3

808053_072816_000020572_zps3xjtxjxk.jpg

8080420_072816_000007885_zpsrdyjbk5a.jpg

808032_072816_000022194_zps5ymnash3.jpg

More Meetin' On Up: 4:40 PM

So after a good Vortex ride we finally meet back up with Jcgoble3, he said the dog show was okay.. not the best but not the worst. I ask everyone if they want to ride WindSeeker and everyone immediately dismisses it. :) We do our first speedwalking tournament and I won the first one by beating out Malem out just barely. We head on over to Firehawk but Jcgoble3 and Freaks76 decide to go and eat at this time. So I go down and buy my locker which I had to go to 2 different machines because the first one was not accepting my card. I finally bought my locker, 4483, and put my stuff in it. The line for Firehawk was only about 5 minutes and we got on row 3 or 4... IDRR :/. It was a good ride though the lift hill is always so LOUD and that final brake run always leaves me dizzy! 9.5/10. We walked back... with me still missing that they had on ride photos... but now they do not. Malem foudn out Silver2005 was by Vortex so we went over their. On the way Malem and I sped walk once again... I think I was inches in front of him but we both said it was a tie. :) BEastForever tried to keep up with us but stopped trying I guess lol. :D We saw Silver2005 finally and got in line for Vortex. BeastForever and I thought it would be okay to see if 6-1 was an okay seat while Malem and Silver 2005 tried out 5-1 as per usual :) . 6-1 was a bit smoother than my last ride on Vortex, had the OMFG airtime of 7-1, but it was a bit more lurching on my neck and had one of the first neckbangs I have had on the ride in a while, but BeastForever said it was better than his 5-1 ride earlier. 7.5/10. After a okay pretty good Vortex ride, we all decided to ride The Racer! For some odd reason WailsLikeBanshee was also heading their but we did not see her! BeastForever and I got on 4-2 while Malem and Silver2005 got on 3-2 of Red Racer respectively. The ride was suprisingly great... I did not expect their to be that much airtime and for the ride to be relatively smooth... I guess Kings Island did some track work mid-season! 8.7/10. The Racer was great and we all decided we would do Adventure Express before riding Banshee. It was nice seeing Jdawg1998! Me and BeastForever got in line for 5-1. The ride was great though I was worrying about the stuff in my pockets the entire time because I brought my Phone and my Wallet with me out of Firehawks lockers. 7.8/10. We then headed towards Banshee but not before waiting for Jcgoble3 and Freaks76 at the Banshee sign. We met DubVLegend at the Banshee sign and we all went to ride Banshee together. The line was a walk-on. BeastForever, Malem and Silver2005 in Row 2 with us and Freaks76, DubVLegend and Jcgoble3 in Row 3. The ride was great, fun, intense as per usual. 9.6/10. After our Banshee ride and using our FunPix, BeastForever left for dinner and we all went back to "pay homage" to The Bat. KIC took over the train and we all spread out, I was in 7-1 with DubVLegend behind me. The ride was fun, the swinging was great. A short but sweet ride. :) 8.2/10. We all then decided we should walk on back to my stuff out of my locker. We walked back their... without speed walking of course. :) We finally got back their and it was around 6:15.  I gave my stuff to Jcgoble3, who sat out on the ride and we waited about 12 minutes to ride. Silver2005 and I, luckily, got the front row of Firehawk! It is so much better in the front, a bit smoother and felt a bit more intense. 9.5/10. Again, wishing their was an onride photo. Jcgoble3 gave my stuff back and BeastForever met back up with us. We all decided we wanted to ride the train! :) But first we went to La Rosas, and no of course I did not get my 50% discount here :P. I bought myself an all season souvenir cup... something I should have bought much, much earlier, but I digress. We then met up with I think it was ZombieNinja. Freaks76 left to go ride some more rides. Not too much had changed from the train, the clearing was about the same, but we did see wood. I got a great photo of Diamondback going down its first drop right when we were dispatching... pretty proud of myself of the photo! :)

808032_072816_000022220_zps7rvbo6vz.jpg

8080220_072816_000011407_zpsyv5r9nhk.jpg

DINNER AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT: 7:20 PM.

We got off the train and went over to meet up with Aandjgoods, Ohiocolts and OhioValleyCoasters at RHOFG. I went to the Coke Freestyle location to fill up my Souvenir cup and on the way to RHOFG met up with Thrill_Biscuit! He needed a place to sit down so he went with us to RHOFG. We had a good dinner. I got Home Run Chicken Tenders and Fries... but the servers made it quite honestly a tiring experience. They were foriegn and this was their first day on the job.... Everyone left at around 7:40 except for me and 2 others because of the bill being held up by the servers... the bill FINALLY came in at 7:50... but because my bad lackluster experience with them, I just let the tips on the table pay for the tips... I really didn't feel like tipping. I finally saw TB, the No Chickens, Hoeter, Magenta Lizard and Chugh43 and I got in line with them. We stayed at that spot for about 40 minutes before we moved into the Crypts Queue line and got INCREDIBLE photo ops of Diamondback... I was SO happy! They finally opened up the gates to the grass-field by the DB and The Crypt at 9:25 PM. We waited and waited... we were originally supposed to be in the front row but there was not room so we went a little bit back.... but it was on a slight hill so I got a great view of the whole announcement, There had to be at least 3500 people their. The announcement was awesomely done.... I loved it all! Teaser, Don, The Designer of the Ride, Greg Scheid... 2 ANNOUNCEMENTS?! I was perfectly happy with getting Mystic Timbers! We then went down to get a T-Shirt by the arcade... we breifly met up with WailsLikeABanshee and her Boyfriend. The line was 15 minutes, I got a shirt but I could not pay for it because my card declined it, which was due to cash limits set on my checking account. So I waited for the others to get their 25$ Mystic Timbers T-Shirt. We tried to take a group photo by The Beast sign with FunPix selfie feature but it was not working so we went to the Kings Island sign. On the way their we did our final speed walking tournament of the day. I was ahead of Malem but Aandjgoods beat me JUST BARELY. :) We heard some great and awesome classical music on IS that everyone commented on. We took our picture at the sign, but I had to leave right after.... I was 20 minutes late to my ride, but they were fine with it. I left at 11:01 PM. 

rghalf2_zpsv0ox2tzh.jpg

From left to right: Thrill Biscuit, Malem, OVC, Ohiocolts, Aandjgoods, Other OVCers, BeastForever, stashua123(me) and jcgoble3.

Thank you all for one GREAT day... I really could not imagine going today with KICers being there... it was great meeting new people and I hope to see all of you in the future. 

Order of Events

Arrival at 2:30 PM EDT
Dropped off at the sign while my brother and my friend head over to Soak City
Briefly see Don (Was too nervous to say hi! lol)
ORIGINS! :)
(Meet up with BeastForever, Chugh43, Malem, Nochickens, Thrill_Biscuit, Jcgoble3, Magenta Lizard, Freaks76)
Group Photo!
Just me, Freaks76, Malem and BeastForever
Diamondback 3-2 (And briefly say hello to CoasterGeek101)
Get FUNPIX! :)
The Beast 6-1
BLSC 3-1
Vortex 7-1
Firehawk 5-1
Jcgoble3 and Freaks76 leave to eat
Meet Up with Silver2005
Vortex 6-1
Red Racer 4-2 (And a VERY surprisingly smooth ride!)
Adventure Express 6-2 (And briefly say hello to Jdawg1998)
Meet back up with Jcgoble3 and Freaks76
Meet DubVLegend
Banshee 2-4
Beast Forever leaves for dinner
The Bat 7-1
Firehawk 1-1
Meet back up with Beast Forever
Buy an All season Souvenir Cup at La Rosas
KIMVRR
RHOFG
Server holds me and some others up and seperates the group.
Get in line at 7:55 PM with TB, Chugh43, Hoeter, Magenta Lizard and the No Chickens
Boddha1994 comes by and we discuss what we think the ride will be.
Opens up Crypt gates at 8:30
INCREDIBLE photo ops of Diamondback
Finally opens at 9:25 PM.
ANOUNCEMENT
Try to buy a Mystic T-shirt... card declines to go through..... (cash limits I believe...)
Briefly meet up with WailsLikeABanshee
Group photo at Kings Island sign
Leave at 11:01 PM

Thank you for one great day!

-stashua123
  • Like 7