Thedailywoo visits KI

lopan

For those who have no idea who that is, he is a guy who basically drives around the country looking at interesting and sometimes little known places such as celebrity graves and places they have filmed movies and the like and makes videos of his experiences. And also more known places such as this video.

. Start at 3:28
  • Like 4

And more illegal filming on rides. Smh

Sent from my iOS 10 device

true, though he states that he asked if he could wear his Gopro on each ride since it was on his wrist and that some of them told him it was ok in fact one part u see the ride op talking to his camera

• Like 1

true, though he states that he asked if he could wear his Gopro on each ride since it was on his wrist and that some of them told him it was ok in fact one part u see the ride op talking to his camera

However, many rides at KI state that cameras are strictly prohibited.

• Like 2

Unless you have permission... I believe.

• Like 3

Unless you have permission... I believe.

They don't even allow re-rides. As far as I know, the park has been very firm about filming on rides. All the approved filming has been done using a mounted camera on the train, with the inspection and approval of Mr. Kramer.

• Like 1

I don't even know why anyone would want to film on the rides.

1. It has been done numerous times. So it's not like your getting anything nobody has ever seen. "Unless it's one of the new 360 cameras"

2.No matter how many times I ride a coaster I want to enjoy and take in the total experience of the ride. Not worry about trying to film anything.

c8ecdfceb6760bbb8c046ce5fc060c5f.jpg need I say more ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1. Why are you(anyone) so uptight about what this guy is doing with his camera. That's for the park and its employees to worry about.

2. Not paying attention to rules, a strapped GoPro or similar camera is as safe as a wrist watch and more so than the glasses, even ones with a strap, and they let that happen.

3. You may not understand why someone would want to record their POV when there's alreadg professional POVs out there, but there are sometimes good reasons why you might want one, and that would prompt Thedailywoo's efforts to bring a camera.. from his point, he's being cooperative, and his request, per my 2nd point, isnt an unreasonable one. Him not being able to bring the mounted camera on is simply a no cameras rules being kept consistent.

4. Yes. Camera's are prohibited on rides.. unless you have permission. That's right. Should those ride-ops have the authority to grant permission? Idk I'm not privy on their abilities.. but as a guest, asking them for permission is the logical step in getting a wrist mounted camera on ride.. and he was granted clearance at least once so...

--

Anyways, I saw this the other day, and I was so excited that he and TheTimTracker (and his wife) also joined in on the trip. I wish I would've ran into them. It was cool to see their reactions tk things that I often am so used to, I just take for granted.. and then slightly diheartened that they didnt even try Vortex because of the comments they got lol

But considering they thought Racer and The Beast were rough in 2016... maybe they wouldn't've liked Vortex as much as I do

• Like 3

Well, you have to realize that they (Tim & Jen) live in Orlando and that the only wooden coaster experience they have was Gwazi and maybe a Stricker's Grove-esque coaster here and there. They're more accustomed to steel coasters, and even then, the ones they ride are (mostly) smooth Beemers, custom Vekomas and the lone Intamin.

They were probably also shocked at how much cheaper everything was at Kings Island compared to, say, Busch Gardens.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1. Why are you(anyone) so uptight about what this guy is doing with his camera. That's for the park and its employees to worry about.

Because myself or my loved ones are the ones at risk when the camera goes flying and hits someone. That is why I say something!!!!

• Like 1

Because myself or my loved ones are the ones at risk when the camera goes flying and hits someone. That is why I say something!!!!

I understand that. But see my other points about his specific situation. In the video, you can see that it is strapped to his wrist. A little hard to catch but.. it puts to ease my fear of being hit.

Princess Sparkles apparently is the big meanie who took his GoPro away at Beast. You can hear her talking over the mic.

Aside from the on ride recordings, he did a pretty good review of the park.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Princess Sparkles apparently is the big meanie who took his GoPro away at Beast. You can hear her talking over the mic.

Aside from the on ride recordings, he did a pretty good review of the park.

I think I may have reported princess sparkles to the front for being good above and beyond others when she was working (if she was) this past Saturday. I hate Spielers and it was nice to hear a quick safety spiel and a "enjoy your ride".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

You all will make her day. I will share this with her when she gets home. I try to tell her how great I think she is and she responds that I have to say it because I am her mom. I would find her awesome even if she wasn't my daughter. Thank you.

• Like 8