What Mean Streak means

DontWantToWait42mar0

It's been officially announced by Cedar Point that Mean Streak will be closing.

Considering Kings Island has the same owners as Cedar Point, and Kings Island has announced they are building a new wooden roller coaster, is anyone else concerned that if Racer were to experience a hiccup or two, that it too may also get the Axe?

I have heard complaints of both Mean Streak and Racer being "rough".

That always worries me, however The Racer still gets great ridership, and even clocks more riders annually than The Beast. People say The Beast is rough as well, so I wouldn't worry.

From what I hear, no matter where you sit on Mean Streak, it's rough and awful. On The Racer, that isn't much of an issue. Middle rows, especially in the front car on both sides, are very smooth.

• Like 1

Third time in 24 hours that this post can serve as a reasonable follow-up to something DontWantToWait42mar0 says.

Good example here. 

Pops into a thread to rehash the unpopular things he's already said elsewhere.

Will say anything to start an argument.

Posts the same things over and over, sometimes as new threads that literally get locked and it doesn't slow him down or soften his delivery.

A contrarian – always has the opposite viewpoint of whatever a majority of others think.

Ignores follow-ups to his post. (In other words, he doesn't say something controversial hoping it'll start a worthwhile conversation, to learn something new, or to see how others feel. He says it just to stir the pot. Once he's said it, he flies off to another thread to post something else irritating.) 

This is a troll.

DontWantToWait42mar0, yet again you post about The Racer being on the chopping block and relate it back to Mystic Timbers. We get it. You're baiting us. It's not going to happen.

• Like 9

What's your deal man?

I ask QUESTIONS about possible correlations at Cedar Fair and you are repeatedly flaming me.

Back on topic:

Look at what happened at Six Flags, it started with one coaster and it has led to closing others. The general public seems to prefer steel coasters to wooden ones, and it looks like the industry is starting to take note.

Also it's true that wooden coasters cost more to maintain than steel coasters do. Businesses often look to cut costs to increase profits, which couldn't be more obvious than the quality of food sold at Kings Island.

• Like 1

Im tired of seeing these posts. Mean streak is trimmed to death, has an uninteresting layout, and is always a walk on. Racer and The Beast are a little bumpy (I've never personally had a problem with The Racer or beast) because they are old, compared to Mean Streak which was built in 1991. I literally cant understand your logic here...

• Like 7

Dude stop you are or were like a good poster on here. Recently it's all been the same thing. You think or want Racer to close. Not sure.

Everyone else just report this for trolling and let the admin taken care of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I heard people say Banshee is rough.  It does depend on whom you ask.  Racer is also an important coaster which was credited with the start of the coaster war.  Some people will react to Racer closing rather negatively.  I am certain that Don will not be in favor of that.  

Having said that, Racer was reprofiled to allow X-Base (Flight of Fear) walk way to be built.  So you never know.

• Like 1

Stay tuned tomorrow for another thread by this gentlemen, somehow equating Big Dipper at Geauga Lake being SBNO as a way of saying that Racer will eventually be SBNO as well.

CF closed Geauga Lake a few years after buying it. That means they're going to do the same to KI.

• Like 7

If you're in a wheel seat. I don't find it very rough in the center of a car, though.

I find its the opposite, I think it's the way you get pushed into the seats when in a middle row that bothers my back. I don't have a problem with most coasters roughness (including Mean Streak, find it boring) but Racer isn't rough at all for a woodie.

I heard people say Banshee is rough. It does depend on whom you ask. Racer is also an important coaster which was credited with the start of the coaster war. Some people will react to Racer closing rather negatively. I am certain that Don will not be in favor of that.

Having said that, Racer was reprofiled to allow X-Base (Flight of Fear) walk way to be built. So you never know.

Racer was not reprofiled for that reason. The walkway existed before the removal of the last bunny hop--and in fact one side was done a year before the other. Rather, a change in braking systems and standards led to the reprofiling.

• Like 10

Why are you trolling in every single post? I bet this is some sort of social experiment. He's getting the responses he wants from us.

Me or Interperter?

Me: Not Intentional, just trying to learn by asking questions.

Terp: Not really trolling, he answered my question with a fact. If you want to see some trolls, head over to a fansite for my home park. Carowinds Zone is my former Carowinds Fansite, I am refering to other. They proceed to try and argue nearly every fact and opinion I post, not to mention the personal attacks. I am trying not to post over there.....

• Like 4

Mean Streak has been the black "streak" on the block for awhile. Even still today, people grumble about the "unpleasant" ride experience. So of course, as Cedar Fair did with SOB, they will do again with a coaster that they have more promise without than with. I don't see any of our coasters going just due to the fact that we just got an huge record with our wooden coaster track. So, to put it blanchly, Mean Streak means various things to various individuals, however Cedar Fair sees it as an attraction to take out and or modify.

• Like 3

Add my own experiences for rides..

The Racer is very rough on me. I actually feel like I have back-troubles on the ride, actual back pain... I'm 17, and also do not have back problems. (It mainly happens at the bottom of each hill, where the track for some reason right there at those points in the ride, it's very bumpy and the train bounces up and down with it. 

The Beast, I never have a problem with it, unless I am in the 3rd row of any car (Wheel seat.) I specifically like to ride Train 1, Car 4, Row 2.

Mean Streak did the same thing as it does for me with The Racer, but it was also my first time riding Mean Streak at the time, I may ride it once more when I go to CP again soon. 

I'm fine with Mean Streak getting the Axe, it's more than likely being renovated. GCI, RMC, whatever it is. IT doesn't matter. Something is happening to it.

• Like 1