what's up with food at parks man? seriously?¡

It's summer. I just want a GD salad or something light. Cmon. Maybe a turkey wrap. What do I have to choose from? Tenders and fries? That's ridiculous. Everything is garbage ...this isn't the state fair man. I get better options there. A local ear of corn...some saurkraught on a brat...stuffed peppers.

Cmon Amusement Parks...I got nothing to eat man.

• Like 8

I suggest a trip to Knoebels.

Kings Island does have healthier options at some locations; you might try Reds Hall of Fame Grille in Rivertown and the Coca-Cola Refresh Station in Oktoberfest.

Noting: this is a family site, so I suggest editing out the abbreviation that precedes "salad".

• Like 7

^^^^ OK you got me, that is funny. Bravo. (The hog)

^^^^^ I am on the no carb diet so Burrito Bowl without the chips worked for me. I don't know what that goo is they claim is guacamole but it filled my belly.

Up at CP the polish dog without a bun at Pinks worked, it was big. On a hot day the meal plan uncharge of $8 for Market Cafe was a nice break from the heat for the family. My oldest doesn't eat much but they had some ham that he just loved and devoured. It wasn't really ham but some other cut of pork like a loin and probably cured or brined like a ham.

• Like 2

^^^^ OK you got me, that is funny. Bravo. (The hog)

^^^^^ I am on the no carb diet so Burrito Bowl without the chips worked for me. I don't know what that goo is they claim is guacamole but it filled my belly.

Up at CP the polish dog without a bun at Pinks worked, it was big. On a hot day the meal plan uncharge of $8 for Market Cafe was a nice break from the heat for the family. My oldest doesn't eat much but they had some ham that he just loved and devoured. It wasn't really ham but some other cut of pork like a loin and probably cured or brined like a ham.

This points out the problem. They serve fake over processed food at extremely steep prices, putting more money in their pockets, but having people's families eating junk.

• Like 5

Again this is a 1% issue about Cedar Fair Foof Disservice. Most people don't care and just want their cheese on a stick. Most fast food isn't any healthier. Have you looked at American's waistlines? (Including my own)

On top of that if you really have a serious issue with their food, they will allow you to bring your own and store it at first aid I believe.

• Like 3

Can one get a salad at KI or CP without going to a Guy Fierri craplounge? What Resteraunte is in The Breakers? Oh man.

I just want a salad. 13 dollar Subway 6 inch it is...I guess.

The best salad at Kings Island is at Reds Hall of Fame Grill. The buffalo chicken salad is even on the dining plan.

• Like 4

Can one get a salad at KI or CP without going to a Guy Fierri craplounge? What Resteraunte is in The Breakers? Oh man.

LaRosas has a decent AntiPasto salad.

The best salad at Kings Island is at Reds Hall of Fame Grill. The buffalo chicken salad is even on the dining plan.

Will have to give those a try. Thanks.

• Like 2

Having a dining plan and visiting the park all day twice a week or so, I can sympathize. I can also vouch for what others have said, the antipasto salad at La Rosa's and the one at RHOFG are excellent.

If you go to the International Street La Rosa's they usually have a fantastic La Rosa's creamy garlic dressing (in the cooler near the salads) in addition to the Kraft offerings they have at the others. Unfortunately they usually leave the olives off their salads, in favor of pickled peppers. All three locations tend to have variances in how they make their salads: which meats and toppings, how much of each, and it can change from day to day as well.

At Red's, even tho it is called a Buffalo Chicken Salad, you can get it without the buffalo sauce and it is just a salad with diced grilled chicken. Very yummy.

You can also get a salad at Chicken Shack this year, and can have them put whatever on it you want, of their offerings. I haven't actually tried it tho, because I've found their tenders disappointing this year.

• Like 3

The Reds Hall of Fame Grill is the only place I'll eat inside the park. The salads are all right. As far as the rest of the park, what a mess. As stupid as this sounds... I'd love to pay $13 for a burger and fries. But it should be "worth" that price. I'm all about quality food, service, quality, etc. I don't mind paying for it. But so help me God, I'm not paying for the abysmal low grade, overpriced, cafeteria food they're trying to push off on people. 

Sit down restaurant with fairly priced food and a decent, relaxed atmosphere? Here's my debit card.

Cold, overcooked/priced JTM burger from the Festhaus? Come on, guys.

Kings Island, give me a reason to want to spend more money at the park. You have a fantastic, unused space that could be updated (read elevator instillation for handicapped accessibility) and transformed into a helluva experience. Like a best day ever experience. Sound familiar? 

• Like 2

I found my-self wondering the same thing. WE have the dining plan this season so I never really ate at the park but the healthy options just aren't there. Subway is still processed lunch meat so I dont consider that healthy.

What is "healthy" depends on the individual. For instance, one with blood sugar or gluten issues the offending ingredient at subway would be the bread. There are options but they are limited and often spread far apart so consensus is difficult. I need ultra low carb, my wife is celiac, my oldest is just plain picky and my youngest eats a ton of food but can't eat a lot at one sitting.

For the most part I have given up on trying to have "family meal" time at the park. The only exception we found was Market Cafe at CP.

I don't know why only Carowinds gets nice food. Kings Island is like a 5 star restaurant compared to Cedar Point though

So what ever happened to the "Famous Chefs" CF hired for each park they were promoting earlier this year?
  • Like 4

I found my-self wondering the same thing. WE have the dining plan this season so I never really ate at the park but the healthy options just aren't there. Subway is still processed lunch meat so I dont consider that healthy.

What is "healthy" depends on the individual. For instance, one with blood sugar or gluten issues the offending ingredient at subway would be the bread. There are options but they are limited and often spread far apart so consensus is difficult. I need ultra low carb, my wife is celiac, my oldest is just plain picky and my youngest eats a ton of food but can't eat a lot at one sitting.

For the most part I have given up on trying to have "family meal" time at the park. The only exception we found was Market Cafe at CP.

I don't know why only Carowinds gets nice food. Kings Island is like a 5 star restaurant compared to Cedar Point though

So what ever happened to the "Famous Chefs" CF hired for each park they were promoting earlier this year?

Cedar Fair over hyping something. Go figure.

• Like 1

Again this is a 1% issue about Cedar Fair Foof Disservice. Most people don't care and just want their cheese on a stick. Most fast food isn't any healthier. Have you looked at American's waistlines? (Including my own)

On top of that if you really have a serious issue with their food, they will allow you to bring your own and store it at first aid I believe.

heck yeah, we want fried cheese on a stick!
  • Like 1

^ it's in Breakers and not on the meal plan. :(

They aren't just regular chicken tenders they are Chef Nathan Chicken Tenders. There is a difference you know.

Nothing like a chef that specializes in chicken tenders.  "That chef can microwave popcorn like no other."

• Like 5