Disney wants to track your feet

I think the technology could be useful.  In some ways, it's already helped, as witnessed by the Hub expansion at the MK, which now gives people some breathing room.  The pathways at MK are narrow enough already, given the park's construction for body types typical of the late 60s.  By tracking feet, Disney can tell where the most frequent logjams are in the park and take steps to alleviate them.

• Like 3

I think the technology could be useful. In some ways, it's already helped, as witnessed by the Hub expansion at the MK, which now gives people some breathing room. The pathways at MK are narrow enough already, given the park's construction for body types typical of the late 60s. By tracking feet, Disney can tell where the most frequent logjams are in the park and take steps to alleviate them.

Maybe they will have "Fastpath" tickets now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On a more serious note... Imagine how this sort of tech could held find missing kids. From CCTV it's hard to follow people in a crowd (no matter what CSI says) but if you can track a persons shoes in addition to Magic Band in real time....

Plus there have been reports of people stealing kids and putting a different shirt on them to help hide them (looking for a child in blue but the kidnapper put them in red).... But can't carry spare shoes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Every breath you take and every move you make.

Every bond you break, every step you take, Disney'll be watching you.

If I were Disney, I would really be tracking Sting....

I wouldn't trust him Standing so close to teenage children.

After seeing the documentary on making "The Emperor's New Groove", Disney has no worry of Sting lurking anywhere nearby.

(And that turned out to be a fun movie, making because they tossed out all the pretentiousness that is bag and baggage with Sting.)

• Like 3

And those in wheelchairs? Motorized scooters? Little Red Wagons? On crutches?

Cue the disabled lobby!

And those in wheelchairs? Motorized scooters? Little Red Wagons? On crutches?

Cue the disabled lobby!

Or walking on casts, I walked around Carowinds all day with a cast a couple times. Crutches weren't my friend, I nearly broke my other foot on them.

Considering that the technology has nothing to do with you actually walking but just tracking your location by when your shoes/feet pass by ground level cameras to track paths I don't think it matters how you are transported past the cameras; walking, wheelchair, crutches, etc.