Your Flight of Fear experience

DontWantToWait42mar0

It's my second favorite ride at Kings Island. Reminds me of Rock'n Roller Coaster. Riding it in the front row is the best seat in the park besides Beast's and Diamondback's front row night rides. The lights have been working everytime I have ridden it this year which is awesome. It's a fantastic ride and I enjoy it everytime. The only thing I have never liked is the fact that it runs only 2 trains. Long live Flight of Fear!!

PiperArcher...who is not trying to feed the trolls but rather trying to give some love toward FoF.

• Like 5

This year I actually took my very first ride in Flight of Fear and it is an extremely enjoyable ride! The theming is great, especially the lights in sync with the video and the music, and the ride and launch are extremely fun! It is a bit jerky, but it's still a very fun ride. I definitely agree with the other users that Flight of Fear is a very underrated coaster at the park.

• Like 5

I love me some Flight of Fear- it has very good theming compared to nearly all of the other coasters in the park, there is a backstory to the ride (which is always a plus in my book), and it packs some very nice forces and is intense and disorienting. The only real drawback is it can be a bit on the rough side- once it even caused my back to be somewhat sore the rest of the day, but that was in 2010 so it's not some new issue that just came up. Usually it's more than do-able though. I would list Flight of Fear as one of the coasters I "love" at Kings Island along with Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Vortex (which IMO is also underrated). It is also my sister's favorite ride in the park.

• Like 2

Maybe they'll remove it just like The Racer because... Mystic Timbers.

Honestly, this online temper tantrum you've been throwing ever since the announcement is getting old. Time to grow up. You don't always get exactly what you want.

Wow no one else had even gone there m8. 

I know it was having problems with launch and such the last few years, so I was curious of other people's perspectives..

• Like 1

^Quit playing it so coy and naive to what you're doing.  You know exactly what you're doing.  You're just posting the way you are to get a rise out of members here.  All you've been doing since around the announcement is complain and do these vague posts on things that are wrong to you.  You are just seemingly having these opposite viewpoints of a lot of members, not to mention you're posting tons through the day.  

Dude, just give it up.  

• Like 2

I worked there the year it opened, and was on some of the earliest rides.  It will hold a special place for me.  Plus the whole "90's / X-Files" theme that was so popular at that time really gives it even more nostalgia for me.

The ride was great, and still is.  #3 for me, but the lines make it hard to justify riding usually. 

I went a couple Tuesdays ago with my 2 sons, got there for the ERT, and we were the first riders of the day...the only 3 on the 1st launch!  Front seat for them, seat #2 for me.  We rode it 4 times in a row with no wait.  Could have rode it several more times but did Firehawk instead.  The kids loved it and it was one of the best moments of the summer for me as a dad. 

• Like 5

There are so many things I love about that video! I wish I had access to a clean copy of it I could just watch, as well as the original version. I've actually been known to just stand in an unused part of the queue and watch the whole thing through, on occasion, in the morning when it is still quiet. The whole thing is about 15 min long if I'm remembering right.

This year, with the synchronization of the queue lighting to the video, and other small upkeep steps, has been the best in recent memory. But I don't remember it enough from the beginning to compare theming to then. I rode it once when it opened and swore never again. I love it since they changed the restraints though.

One day in July when it was the ERT, and no one else went back due to rain (it's indoors! Why not?!), I rode ten times in about 45 min, once in each row of the train. The first seven times were all during ERT, and the first five were zen rides. Rides six and seven, a single ride op hopped on each time. The last three, the park had finally opened to everyone and a handful of people drifted back and rode with me.

I certainly haven't noticed it being at all more rough this season: if anything, it seems better. The day I rode ten times, I was having a small problem with my neck and worried it might make it worse but it didn't.

• Like 7

That video is fantastic! I remember having it memorized for a long time back when it first opened. You got to see it quite a few times when the line filled every part of the queue. I remember the security cams they would put up on the screen showing the queue line as well as how pitch black it would get when the lights went out each time. The theming was spectacular and I'm glad to see it being kept up. I do miss the on ride photos with the aliens sitting behind you.

• Like 3

Rode it announcement day, and it was running very well.  Unlike Rustbucket, I prefer the front of the train. 

Front of the train is where it's at for me!  I must say I am not thrilled with the lighting on the ride in recent years.  Sometimes they have a couple lamp's on similar to what is in my living room, sometimes it is neon lights.  I prefer it pitch black.  It's much more disorienting, and really makes the ride amazing for me.  But it's been awhile since I rode it where they made sure it was completely black. 

• Like 1

Another bashing thread, though admittedly you've not even ridden the ride you're trashing this season.

Your act has grown tired. Knock it off, or go away.

Two simple choices.

If you don't like a thread...MOVE ON!  Start your own thread or something.  Jeez.

• Like 1

This one will be a little lengthy because its possibly one of my favorite childhood memories and is still vivid in my head.

Ok so it would have been summer of '96 and at Kings Dominion to beat it all. I was 13 at the time and we were on a big family trip and we were camping at the Kings Dominion camp grounds for a week. I remember it had just opened that year and thats all my cousins and other family members talked about all the way up to the time of the trip. We just couldnt wait to ride Outer Limits: Flight of Fear. So out of the huge group of family members that had joined us for the trip there were a total of 10 of us that were brave enough to ride. So the 10 of us headed to the ride to unfortunately find the line out past the entrance of the que in which turned out to be over a 2 hour wait. We didnt care we were determined to ride. So we waited and eventually made our way through the first part of the que and made it into the building and oh what a treat that was. We must of had pretty good timing because even though we didnt know it at the time we had got in the buildings minutes after the beginning of the video started. Being a kid and seeing theming that detailed really submersed you into the whole thing. I know i missed the first couple things said on the tv because i was to busy looking all around staring at what appeared to be a full sized UFO. After taking in the scenery I focused on the tv and was captivated by the story unfolding on it. Then the story takes a turn and next thing you know your sitting in complete and total darkness(not gonna lie it kinda scared me totally wasnt expecting it). So after seeing the video play through like three times and still having a large bit of que line before entering the ship 3 of the adults decided they were not gonna wait anymore and decided they were gonna leave and come back at another time and then one of my cousins decided they had to pee and theyd go with the adults(I really think he was just scared). So we were down to 6. We continued to watch the video and point out little things around in the theming that were overlooked at first glance. By time we got to the ship we could almost recite the video. Once inside the ship we started to hear a noise we hadnt heard before which was followed by shrieks and screams. So we make it to where we can see the train and get to see a train take off for the first time(First time any of us had seen a launch coaster). After the first launch we immediately lost another adult and another kid. Down to 4. So then the next thing we know an empty train pulls up. I can remember my cousin looking at me and asking "where are the riders?" Well that was all it took with that one sentence she scared off another one of our cousins. And we are down to three. One adult and two kids. I ended up in the third row and can remember feeling like my skin was gonna be peeled off backwards as the train launched into the rest of the building. The first thing that ran through my head after seeing the track was theres no way can go through this without running into another piece of the track. It looked like a giant ball of yarn. Well a giant ball of steel track. As we zoomed all around that small space i can just remember grinning ear to ear and hearing my cousin weeping like a baby. Then just when i thought it couldnt get any better at the very end they blow my little mind turning us upside down with just a lap bar... I was ready to cry with my cousin when i seen it coming and remember thinking "Well this is why all the trains were empty". Great ride and still love it to this day.

• Like 7