Additional Bring A Friend for $15.99 Days at KI in 2016

BoddaH1994

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/June-19-Gold-and-Platinum-Pass-Bring-Your-Friends-Day

08/15/16, 08/16/16, 08/17/16, 08/18/16

...and they can join in on ERT:

Friends that purchase the $15.99 ticket are welcome to join their Gold and Platinum pass-holding friend for early rides at 9:30 a.m. on Banshee, Drop Tower, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, Woodstock Express and Woodstock Whirlybirds in Planet Snoopy   
  • Like 5

I haven't done the ERT thing before (slacker). How are the lines for those 30 minutes, typically? On a weekday?

Do they let you through gate at 9:30AM? Or earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been once to the ERT in the morning when it was Diamondback and some of the kids rides.  It kind of soured me doing this.  Last year, I could get in at least 3 rides before it opened up to the public.  This year, maybe one.  As far as a weekday, it will depend on how many people are there.

They open the gates at 9:30AM.  If you have ERT privileges, there are two gates on either side of international street with security to let you in once you shown them proof.  These gates come down at 10AM. 

The current major coaster on ERT is Banshee, and with its capacity, there have been next to no lines during the ERT on the days I've been so far in August. Drop Tower is also included.

Note that the Pass check for Banshee ERT is to the left of the fountains, not the direct path past the KI Theater. I don't fully understand why they don't line it off before the theater rather than after, because they end up with a large number of people walking down that way before either turning back (as I did on my first August visit) or undoing the rope and going through anyway (as I discovered others had done and were continuing to do, after I walked clear around the long way I was supposed to on my second visit).

• Like 2