Person Dies at Schlitterbahn Kansas City

I ignored the "comedian" <_< . My "ignored" list is getting rather large; hadn't used it much in the 12 years I've been on here.

I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now, much less all others directly involved. Tragedy is compounded by the circumstances, and one struggles to find words or deeds to console the bereaved. Sad.

• Like 11

I was going to let it go, but apparently it wasn't just an unfortunate lapse in judgment. A child has died; what is your problem? I really don't understand people like you.

You're an idiot. I'm not joking about the kid, or his death, or his parents, or anyone related to him. I made a word play about the park, and in the very next sentence said I hope the cause is found.

Question; when you see the meme "jet fuel can't melt steel beams", your reaction is...?

I was going to let it go, but apparently it wasn't just an unfortunate lapse in judgment. A child has died; what is your problem? I really don't understand people like you.

You're an idiot. I'm not joking about the kid, or his death, or his parents, or anyone related to him. I made a word play about the park, and in the very next sentence said I hope the cause is found.

Question; when you see the meme "jet fuel can't melt steel beams", your reaction is...?

Can you just agree to disagree and move on please? Name-calling and bickering won't get you anywhere.

• Like 1

So tragic.

And I'm like a moth to a flame whenever this sorta thing happens. I want to be respectful of the family/park at this time. But, it's like I want answers now...hoping it was a silly/stupid (used loosely) glitch in the checking of restraints, or something, and not that the ride itself is truly unsafe.  

I just want thrill rides to continue to be thrilling, but safe. But rides that obviously have passed inspections/even changed layouts, and still not safe, make me wonder/worry about other rides. 

this sucks for Schlitterbahn and the family, the rides had problems in the past, it was delayed a year to my knowledge, which is interesting. My two cents says this is the Son of Beast of waterparks- not incidents, but how short lived the ride is going to last, i don't see it returning to operation..

Tragic events and prayers go out to the family. This just is a horrible accident and that more safety procedures. Safety is always number 1 for all theme parks. I've taken more than enough calls explaining to parents that if their kids restraints came undone during Diamondback or Firehawk or even Vortex that we would not be having a conversation about this he would have died. Major difference between airtime hills and zero g's and being ejected. You would be planning a funeral right now if that ever happens. This is such a terrible tragedy and that hopefully new procedures are going to be implemented and safety policies is felt worldwide to double check that restraint or even height restrictions. Safety first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Okay then... I only ask if you would say that joke to the family of the deceased. Some things should not be joked about.

Edit: Disregard this; I just saw he's banned.

• Like 1

This is really terrible,  my thoughts and prayers go out to Caleb,  his family, the employees and everyone effected.  In the requirements it says that there would have had to been, two other passengers of adult weight to meet the 400 lbs weight limit, Did they send him down by himself?  A lot of sad questions to be answered.  

• Like 2

It also brings the question, was his Brother in the raft with him? The thought of his Brother being right there to see it unfold would be.... unimaginable.

Don't have a link since it was one of the multiple reports I read earlier today but it stated his brother was not in the raft with him, there were two adult women that also suffered injuries.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

No criminal charges.

Park now stonewalling media:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/08/boy-killed-in-accident-on-worlds-tallest-water-slide-at-kansas-park.html

Strange PR move.

Very strange.

Strange good, strange bad, too early to tell?

Thinking out loud, it could make people think the park is hiding something however I wonder if it could be at the request of the family or politicians.

• Like 2

It's such crap. The same poop I mentally prepare myself for Everytime I do something outside of boundaries. You might die asshat.. Seriously. But it's so fun and feels weird to the body.

What are you going to do? It's a fetish of sorts since you catch the bug of sorts...early.

Poor kid. I hope it ended quick. It's a hope for anyone. I mean, a hope that it ends tragically quick and well. Sorry.

Never been good with death.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kccrimefighter/status/762760855012282372

Don't click the link if you don't want to.... It's from the aforementioned Twitter user that someone sent him a picture of the ride. It looks like their is w body fluid and two yellow tarps on the slide.

My heart breaks for this family. This wasn't a kid who died rock climbing or sailing. He was on an adrenaline filled amusement park ride. Dangerous but supposedly safe. Now a family lives with this loss forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I need to take a break from reading about this.  The more I hear about it, the more its churning my stomach.  Some of the quotes coming out really hit home.

I can't begin to fathom one iota of perspective of what the family is going through.  

• Like 4

I am wondering if maybe the child panicked, either because the Velcro strap came loose or took it off. Resulting in either the child falling from the raft or in a panic standing up. The blood before the crest of the second hill is interesting, I thought is either way, his head caught the netting, breaking his neck and resulting in the two ladies getting injuried by the boy's body and/or the raft flipping over.

I think I have been watching too many NatGeo disaster shows, maybe it goes back to me wanting to design coasters.

In theory, wouldn't the combined weight of the raft and two other riders cause the raft to slide at a faster rate than a rider not secured to the raft?

• Like 2

The blood before the crest of the second hill is interesting

According to locals and previous POV ride ons that spot has always been there

you can see it in this clip, look to the left when the raft is going up the hill.

It also brings the question, was his Brother in the raft with him? The thought of his Brother being right there to see it unfold would be.... unimaginable.

Not only do I agree with you earlier post about the "estest", ( you brought up points in my mind while looking at that ride- an unfastened carrier and a second hill? Etc..) I have to be realistic when I look at rides, I get tossed around a bit more than some.

The other two passengers were 2 women who suffered "minor facial injuries"? The brother seems not to have been in the raft.

• Like 2