Top thrill dragster launch cable detached?

http://fox17online.com/2016/08/08/launch-cable-detaches-on-roller-coaster-at-cedar-point-in-ohio-ride-closed/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_FOX_17

Wow, what do you guys think?

I hate to see Intamin's safety record get worse as I love many of their rides, I feel like we wont be seeing many Intamin rides and Cedar Fair parks in the future.  

EDIT: My bad, not sure if you want this discussion to be limited to Cedar Point 2016 thread, delete this thread if appropriate. 

The day before ^^ that incident, my Kaitlyn refused to ride that ride. She has since not let me forget she said no. It was actually a punch in the gut that it happened the following day. To this day it's rare Princess Sparkles will ride any type of drop ride. We rode The Big Droppy Thing (Zumanjaro) the day it opened and she willingly rode, but was really freaked out by the time the ride was over, which is not the norm for her on most rides.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

http://fox17online.com/2016/08/08/launch-cable-detaches-on-roller-coaster-at-cedar-point-in-ohio-ride-closed/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_FOX_17

Wow, what do you guys think?

I hate to see Intamin's safety record get worse as I love many of their rides, I feel like we wont be seeing many Intamin rides and Cedar Fair parks in the future.  

EDIT: My bad, not sure if you want this discussion to be limited to Cedar Point 2016 thread, delete this thread if appropriate. 

Today's inspection found the incident to be Intamin's fault?  Where did you locate this information so soon after the inspection?        

• Like 3