Smurftastic: The truth about Kings Island's blue ice cream

KIfan73

There was one quote in the article I was a little unsure about:

"The former Smurf ride is still a "dark ride," aka an enclosed attraction. In fact, "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill," an interactive attraction that opened in 2010, still uses the same track as its smurftastic predecessor."

What ride was Boo Blasters' "Smurftastic Predecessor?"  Are they talking about Scooby Doo or Phantom Theater?  Surely they aren't talking about the Smurf ride, are they?  How could Scooby Doo or Phantom Theater be "Smurftasic?"  This line confused me a little bit. 

Other than that, a very interesting article!

Predecessor doesn't have to mean immediate. It's anything that happened before the current. Usually immediate but not always.....

And if you want to get super technical, the last major overhaul of that building was From Smurf to its current shape...

Phantom, Scooby, and Boo use the same lay out and cars with different props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article just mentioned that Boo Blasters uses the same track as it's "Smurftastic Predecessor."  That's why I was questioning which predecessor the Smurftastic term was referring too.  It couldn't have been the Smurfs since it was a boat ride and utilized the entire building.  I just found it strange that the article could be referring to Scooby Doo or Phantom Theater as "Smurftastic".

• Like 1

It also has the added benefit of artificial food dyes for all the petro chemical lovers. Enjoy. :)

Got it for my daughter once many years ago.

Got a call from the babysitter the next day.

It does NOT come out the same color it went in...

Freaked her out.

We avoid food dyes and flavorings at all costs.

It's not easy but we feel it's worth it.

The article just mentioned that Boo Blasters uses the same track as it's "Smurftastic Predecessor." That's why I was questioning which predecessor the Smurftastic term was referring too. It couldn't have been the Smurfs since it was a boat ride and utilized the entire building. I just found it strange that the article could be referring to Scooby Doo or Phantom Theater as "Smurftastic".

I missed that. Yah that's super odd and a terrible way to write that up....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It also has the added benefit of artificial food dyes for all the petro chemical lovers. Enjoy. :)

Got it for my daughter once many years ago.

Got a call from the babysitter the next day.

It does NOT come out the same color it went in...

Freaked her out.

We avoid food dyes and flavorings at all costs.

It's not easy but we feel it's worth it.

Real strawberries used without the weird red glaze glop confuses modern picnickers. They say the strawberries have no flavor.

Yes, they do. Flavor doesn't have to punch you in the teeth to matter. I avoid extra/ non essential stuff in my kitchen, too. For some people, it takes awhile to understand what something real tastes like.

I avoid the bluE icecram at KI, EVEN IF IT's chilly enough that it won't melt allover me.

Last time I was at the park, I wanted some ice cream.  I decided to get some Graeter's.  It cost about $4.50 for a single dip in a cup.

Price of a blue ice cream cone: about $4.50.  

Now that has to be some serious profit margin.  Maybe the truth about the blue ice cream is: you're overpaying.   

• Like 1