Stakes showing up inside of Racer

Oldschool75

Best picture I could get with my iPhone. Also I don't have a pass and can't get into DA. Another tidbit. DA is extended another 4 years. :(. Back to the picture. I circled the area where the stake is at. My phone is not picking up the orange marker but you can see the tan stake. 581e55379aa0ea05028a29ffce6ce695.jpg

Sent from my iOS 10 device

• Like 3

Best picture I could get with my iPhone. Also I don't have a pass and can't get into DA. Another tidbit. DA is extended another 4 years. :(. Back to the picture. I circled the area where the stake is at. My phone is not picking up the orange marker but you can see the tan stake. 581e55379aa0ea05028a29ffce6ce695.jpg

Sent from my iOS 10 device

The Racers could seriously use some paint.
  • Like 5

If you think about it the next time you would expect large scale expansion would be with the addition of a coaster or a large flat package.The next time I could see that happening is around the early 2020's so it wouldn't be far off from the time for future expansion. One thing that needs to happen is the renovation of those dinosaurs if they plan on keeping DA open for 4 more years, I don't think you can sell dinosaurs that have metal ribs showing. 

As for The Racer ever getting touched by a company, I think that certainly would go to GCI to keep the classic layout and overall feel of the coaster that saved roller coasters.

• Like 4

If you think about it the next time you would expect large scale expansion would be with the addition of a coaster or a large flat package.The next time I could see that happening is around the early 2020's so it wouldn't be far off from the time for future expansion. One thing that needs to happen is the renovation of those dinosaurs if they plan on keeping DA open for 4 more years, I don't think you can sell dinosaurs that have metal ribs showing.

As for The Racer ever getting touched by a company, I think that certainly would go to GCI to keep the classic layout and overall feel of the coaster that saved roller coasters.

It needs to get touched with a wet paint brush.
  • Like 6

Rode my first GCI at Hershey last week.

It restored my future for wooden coasters.

Lightning racer was the soothest most enjoyable ride I have ever taken on a woodie.

It's the only wooden coaster I have been able to ride over and over.

If this is how new GCI with MF trains are, I eagerly await Mysti now.

• Like 9

I don't believe at all that Racer is getting the RMC treatment but I was thinking about it one day and thought it would be cool if they did RMC one side of it and just use GCI to retrack the other side keeping one the way it should be one one as an all out ride by RMC. I wouldn't mind losing one half of the classic feel of Racer.

If The Racer does get an RMC conversion, you guys won't hear the end of it from me.

Apparently it will be the end. "This is your final warning. If you create one more throw away topic as a temper tantrum about Mystic Timbers it will be your last post on this site. You're not amusing anyone" - BoddaH1994.
  • Like 11

If The Racer does get an RMC conversion, you guys won't hear the end of it from me.

Apparently it will be the end. "This is your final warning. If you create one more throw away topic as a temper tantrum about Mystic Timbers it will be your last post on this site. You're not amusing anyone" - BoddaH1994.

You got the reading part down, but I think you're lacking in comprehension.

Weird coming from a guy using YoungStud's avatar as his own...

Racer being RMC'ed is part of the second anouncement?

I highly doubt we'll see the RMC treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not meaning to add to the GCI vs RMC debate, but my son and I rode Lighning Rod at Dollywood this weekend. It was the most exhilarating ride we've ever been on. We were both speechless when it finally came to an end. It is amazing! In comparison, Thunderhead was forgettable and my 11 yr old son refused to ride it a second time. Don't flame me, I'm just reporting our experience.

• Like 4

Racer being RMC'ed is part of the second anouncement?

I highly doubt we'll see the RMC treatment

Not meaning to add to the GCI vs RMC debate, but my son and I rode Lighning Rod at Dollywood this weekend. It was the most exhilarating ride we've ever been on. We were both speechless when it finally came to an end. It is amazing! In comparison, Thunderhead was forgettable and my 11 yr old son refused to ride it a second time. Don't flame me, I'm just reporting our experience.

It's a shame when a member has to be worried about giving their opinion.

• Like 2

Whew. I first read this title as "Snakes showing up inside of Racer".

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these {^#€!|!\<]*}*} snakes on this ¥€~%#+?!\^|€ coaster ! Everybody strap in! I'm about to open some trims. - Samuel L. Jackson

Welp looks like Anaconda is going to be taken from KD and put inside of racer! Then us at KD can get our hyper! XD

• Like 1

Oh stop it. You and a few others are the reason many have stopped posting on here... The rise of your and your posts and the decrease of other people's posters may be what kills this board....

There's also a lot of folks on this site who would tell someone how wrong they were if they expressed their true opinion about a ride. It actually happens a lot here.

For example...

My wife had visible bruising from a ride. I mentioned it here and said that we found that particular seat to give a rough ride (we still ride it every visit, just not in that seat). I was told more than once how wrong I was, that particular ride is not rough at all and if I thought that was rough I should ride (or should have ridden) MEGAROUGHCOASTER-X. All I can say is that I saw the bruises that were NOT there before the ride and then I was told on this site that I was mistaken about the roughness of a ride that physically harmed my wife.

That is an example of the commentary that has me considering no longer visiting this site, not specific people who post things some consider to be nonsense.

• Like 9