Stakes showing up inside of Racer

Oldschool75

Oh stop it. You and a few others are the reason many have stopped posting on here... The rise of your and your posts and the decrease of other people's posters may be what kills this board....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we're clearing the air here, you're no ray of sunshine yourself Shark6495.

Happy people like to see other people happy.

Too often I see you being snarky and trying to prove yourself right. Are people not allowed to have different opinions than you?

• Like 3

My personal guess is that this is nothing more than a marking.  Either for power or a data cable, maybe even a pipe of some sort.  I doubt we are looking at GCI or RMC working on The Racer.  If they were why would there be only one stake?

Ignoring how unlikely this is, we can pretty much rule out GCI.  They have publicly stated they have four projects for next year and all of them have already been announced.  Two of them are in China, plus Mystic Timbers, and InvadR.

I really doubt Cedar Fair would have RMC modify this ride.  But just to throw it out there, earlier this year RMC stated they have four projects for 2017.  At this time to my knowledge none have been announced.  

• Like 6

Out of all of this, Kenben is the one person who actually "gets it".  It is some form of utility locate/survey marker, nothing more, nothing less.

Kind of alienates the other people that have already posted in this thread.

What I don't "get" is your avatar of what I believe to be you getting ready to pull a gun out of a holster. Compound that with your rather odd signature and you come off rather intimidating and possibly even deranged.

What message are you trying to convey exactly?

• Like 3

Engaging once, and only once, I will explain my statement.  The park enthusiast community is the single one Ive ever observed or interacted with that has a penchant for making Mt. Vesuvius out of an anthill when anything is placed on the ground besides concrete or grass.  Where a simple stake in the ground can be transformed into a converstion/trasnformation/reconfiguration that is as likely to happen as the rebuilding of Son of Beast.  I fully understand Oldschool creating the topic, as a point of observation or simple inquiry, especially when connected to the stakes observed within DA.  What baffles me is how anyone can take that ONE stake (4 if you include the ones pictured in DA) and turn it into an impending major change on the 2nd most iconic roller coaster in the park.  Actually, it could be argued that Racer is in some ways more iconic than The Beast.  Now, it really shouldn't surprise me, as the two characters who put those cards into play are the two who have done very little since invading these Forums besides troll, and cause strife.  I will say what others have said to you in the recent past.... I remember times in the past when you DID create some good threads, and make positive contributions to existing threads.  I honestly dont know what has been or is going on in your Life currently that has created this change, and if its something bad Im genuinely sorry that you are going through it, but if you are doing this just to make a scene or spectacle, please stop and try to resume the posts that made you a decent member of the Forums.  Me..... I will be blunt and brutally honest like those who know me personally off of these Forums know I always am.... and say that I genuinely have zero concern who does and does not like me or my Life on these Forums.  I do not go out of my way to start conflict, but I will never, EVER, run from one.  Im nice.... until its time not to be nice.  This is the reason I abhor the way most of the parks in the US play Cloak and Dagger with new installations instead of stopping with all of the B.S. and saying "Hey, check out our new whatever we are building for next year" at the beginning of the season.  That would virtually eliminate the trolling that, as Im sure you and I can agree on with the amount of time we have both been on this Forum, increases 100 fold when any new decoding thread is started.

• Like 15

*slow clap to standing applause*

Look we all disagree and talk and try to state our point. We all think we are right. If you don't think you are then why talk. That's trolling. Don't wait and best gal that's all you guys do. Go join Youngstuf on Kiextreme....

Now Sparky has any park did that ? (Be straight about a new ride?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Engaging once, and only once, I will explain my statement.  The park enthusiast community is the single one Ive ever observed or interacted with that has a penchant for making Mt. Vesuvius out of an anthill when anything is placed on the ground besides concrete or grass.  Where a simple stake in the ground can be transformed into a converstion/trasnformation/reconfiguration that is as likely to happen as the rebuilding of Son of Beast.  I fully understand Oldschool creating the topic, as a point of observation or simple inquiry, especially when connected to the stakes observed within DA.  What baffles me is how anyone can take that ONE stake (4 if you include the ones pictured in DA) and turn it into an impending major change on the 2nd most iconic roller coaster in the park.  Actually, it could be argued that Racer is in some ways more iconic than The Beast.  Now, it really shouldn't surprise me, as the two characters who put those cards into play are the two who have done very little since invading these Forums besides troll, and cause strife.  I will say what others have said to you in the recent past.... I remember times in the past when you DID create some good threads, and make positive contributions to existing threads.  I honestly dont know what has been or is going on in your Life currently that has created this change, and if its something bad Im genuinely sorry that you are going through it, but if you are doing this just to make a scene or spectacle, please stop and try to resume the posts that made you a decent member of the Forums.  Me..... I will be blunt and brutally honest like those who know me personally off of these Forums know I always am.... and say that I genuinely have zero concern who does and does not like me or my Life on these Forums.  I do not go out of my way to start conflict, but I will never, EVER, run from one.  Im nice.... until its time not to be nice.  This is the reason I abhor the way most of the parks in the US play Cloak and Dagger with new installations instead of stopping with all of the B.S. and saying "Hey, check out our new whatever we are building for next year" at the beginning of the season.  That would virtually eliminate the trolling that, as Im sure you and I can agree on with the amount of time we have both been on this Forum, increases 100 fold when any new decoding thread is started.

I really hope this was not directed at me? I created this thread since it was weird to see a stake inside the grass of Racer.  That spot happens to a be section of rough track on the blue side. I think my posts have relevance. Unfortunately, we have picked up some clowns lately that just want to tear everything apart. I'm not saying a stake means some major work is being done, but always a possibility part of a refurbishment.  It could be a refurbishment done by the park itself. 

• Like 8

This is the reason I abhor the way most of the parks in the US play Cloak and Dagger with new installations instead of stopping with all of the B.S. and saying "Hey, check out our new whatever we are building for next year" at the beginning of the season. That would virtually eliminate the trolling that, as Im sure you and I can agree on with the amount of time we have both been on this Forum, increases 100 fold when any new decoding thread is started.

The park wants us talking and speculating. We are doing exactly what the park wants. In a way this is free marketing.

I remember commenting to Don that he must get annoyed by being asked almost the same question over and over again until an announcement. His response was that he thought it was fine, and he would care more if we stopped talking about what was going on.

By not making the annoucement early in the season it increases the speculation and buzz. Look at how frequent the posts occurred before and after the announcement of Mystic Timbers. This is the same reason the park is not talking about the shed.

• Like 3

Out of all of this, Kenben is the one person who actually "gets it". It is some form of utility locate/survey marker, nothing more, nothing less.

What I don't "get" is your avatar of what I believe to be you getting ready to pull a gun out of a holster. Compound that with your rather odd signature and you come off rather intimidating and possibly even deranged.

I'll tell you the message I am trying to convey...

I am tired of your act. Collectively, we are tired of your act.

I don't know how else to politely ask for you to knock it off, or just leave us alone.

• Like 8

Out of all of this, Kenben is the one person who actually "gets it".  It is some form of utility locate/survey marker, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't see IBEW as coming off as either intimidating nor deranged. He and I don't always agree, but he's never come off as either of those attributes that he's being assigned. His name pretty much tells me he's going to look at things in a logical, calm manner. He has worked or does work with electricity, same as my dad. When a pinhole in a glove can kill you, or a slight misjudgement can throw you across the room, it becomes second nature to keep one's head.

He just doesn't take to flights of fancy is all.

• Like 7

Maybe Tanna is vouching for Sparky because he is a productive member of this forum. 

Maybe Tanna is vouching for him because he follows the TOS, he is a nice guy, he isn't deranged, he actually knows what he's talking about, he doesn't start crap with people just because. 

What is your deal man? Stop trying to stir the pot. I'm pretty sure you've already been warned. 

• Like 12

I know what his username means people. I don't know how you guys even think that's relevant to what I said, I certainly didn't bring it up in what I believe to be questionable choices from a person on an amusement park forum.

What I had mentioned was his Avatar of him pulling a gun and, and his helter skelter style signature. I make mention of it, he responds to me and then proceeds to post a distasteful music video with the chorus "Let the bodies hit the floor".

Would people be so naive to brush it off as a non issue?

The same song he posted has been described used as a "soundtrack" of people who have committed murders:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/10/AR2011011006333.html

And that's been his avatar and signature for a while. 

Where exactly did he share that video? Hmm...no where in this forum. Sparky didn't even make a post at 6:05 on the 15th. 

You just now had an issue with it? Probably because he called 2 people out, being an adult didn't even call those 2 by name, for starting crap and how idiotic/juvenile it is. He even gave you props without mentioning your name (did the fact he didn't mention your name make you upset) about how you used to be a great person to interact with on the forums. 

Dude grow up.

• Like 8

Maybe Tanna is vouching for Sparky because he is a productive member of this forum.

Maybe Tanna is vouching for him because he follows the TOS, he is a nice guy, he isn't deranged, he actually knows what he's talking about, he doesn't start crap with people just because.

What is your deal man? Stop trying to stir the pot. I'm pretty sure you've already been warned.

Thanks- that's exactly my point. I'm not saying IBEW is either all good or all evil, but that I see attributes in IBEW I have witnessed in those that are successful at working in electricity. Just as creative types are drawn to art, there are types of personalities drawn into the profession of working electricity.

I'm not making sweeping generalizations about anyone. We choose our names as we initially logged on. That tells me something about you.

I chose my name from "Plan 9 from Outer Space" ... I might watch MST3K, yathink? That's an attribute Of myself I want to reveal.. I might laugh at camp things. IBEW_Sparky chose his name for the same reasons we all did. That tells me something about him.

When you are failing at an argument, Don'tWant, you seem to go after the individual. I was defending an individual that I've posted back and forth in both agreement and diagreement, who argues logically, and honestly, doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Lord knows how many times I'd been photographed with a gun. And the quote? That's not Helter skelter, that's The Temptations, a soul song that was popular when I was young.

If a poster finds himself being churlish and sour mannered, and finds himself confronted about his sour churlishness, perhaps it would be better for his mental health to take a break from posting on forums and contemplate his place in the world.

• Like 4