Dollar Day$ is back Labor Day Weekend

Melody

Last Friday was most decidedly not crowded, at all. I had Action Zone mostly to myself during ERT, and although it looked like a flood of people when they opened to everyone, I didn't encounter any real lines all night.

Tonight will probably be a little more crowded due to dollar days and the gorgeous weather. As far as rides, I still think lines will be pretty short. Ice cream and pizza, maybe not. It may be that a lot of the "regulars" avoid the park because they're worried it will be busy, and non pass holders wait for another day this weekend when the park is open more than five hours. We shall see. My prediction is anywhere from lightly busy to completely dead.

Last Friday was most decidedly not crowded, at all. I had Action Zone mostly to myself during ERT, and although it looked like a flood of people when they opened to everyone, I didn't encounter any real lines all night.

Tonight will probably be a little more crowded due to dollar days and the gorgeous weather. As far as rides, I still think lines will be pretty short. Ice cream and pizza, maybe not. It may be that a lot of the "regulars" avoid the park because they're worried it will be busy, and non pass holders wait for another day this weekend when the park is open more than five hours. We shall see. My prediction is anywhere from lightly busy to completely dead.

Do you think Planet Snoopy will be pretty dead? i want to take my toddler one last time but i dont want to do it if its going to be crazy for dollar days but im hoping it wont be busy tonight since its friday and most younger kids had school today.

Yeah I think anyone who goes to the park tonight will not be disappointed.  Dollar Days will have more of an impact on crowds tomorrow and Sunday.

So many of the card machines are down... The$1 games need to just accept cash today. Literally walked passed 3 broken card machines and one that was out of cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a Chuck is disappointed.

More like surprised that Kings Island would have so many down machines.

Lines for everything were longer than I'm used to, but my family had a great time playing some games and eating treats that we normally don't spend the extra$$ on. I was NOT disappointed.

International street la Rosa had both sides and all 4 checkout lines open. That line moved well.

A large la Rosa cheese pizza costs $12 outside the park. This weekend, at $1 a slice, you can get a pizza for $8 in the park.

I'd expect tomorrow to be a mad house.

• Like 1

The park wasn't too crazy today lines were expected but they moved very smoothly. to my surprise Planet Snoopy was really busy. I didn't expext it to be so much on a Friday night but still wasn't that bad! Enjoyed the cheaper food and ice cream although they said blue and vanilla and only had blue ice cream. Loved seeing haunt decor as well!

Lines surprisingly weren't too terribly bad this evening to be honest.

Got a hot dog, slice of pizza, and blue ice cream. Waited no more than 5 minutes for any of these.

As an aside, I did stop into Sweet Spot on the way out tonight, and tried a couple samples of fudge. Peanut Butter Oreo and Blue Ice Cream.

The Oreo one was decent, the Blue Ice Cream one tasted like a piece of taffy (the blue taffy in the souvenir boxes sold in Pigeon Forge come to mind)

Friday night was great, probably my only complaint was a couple of ride issues.  I was never able to get onto Outer Limits, as it was always "temporarily closed" every time I was looking to ride.  Beast was down as well, but only briefly.  I was able to get my late night ride and was awesome as usual :D  

What took me by surprise was that the only crowded part of the park was Planet Snoopy. I hadn't taken it into consideration, but I think Dollar Fridays are probably great for pass holders with small children, because you can get them treats, in smaller (perfect) portions, inexpensively. Plus 5 hours may be about as long as many smaller children (and parents) can comfortably take being at the park.

• Like 2

Hey all, anyone have any estimates as to how the park will be tomorrow crowd wise? It sounds like it hasn't been too bad, and i'd like to get some last rides in for the season, since Haunt is in the air for me. Thanks!

Drove by around 10:40. Parking lot is packed, entrance gate was completely full of cars and the line to enter stretched from the gate all the way south passed western row (and likely onto the highway). It's going to be packed today.

• Like 2

The park is completely packed today! Not worth the $1 deals for aggravation and waiting in long rides lines. I do give props to all the associates working today and dealing with the heat and unruly people in the park and dealing with it. They all deserve a little something extra this weekend.

• Like 4

Today was a busy one that's for sure. Arrived around 12:00 and parked in Row 9. That's down near The Bat on the GWL side of the parking lot.

I was with the NoChickens and Magenta Lizard, lunch at Reds. They ordered for me and my food arrived shortly after I got there. 

45 minutes for Hanks towards the end of the night. Lines for $1 pizza in the Festhaus around 4pm were all the way back to Panda Express. Lines throughout for $1 drinks, $1 hotdogs, and $1 pizza were long across the park.

Not many rides today that's for sure. The Bat, blue side of Racer, Diamondback, Banshee, and the KI&MV RR. 

Park was the busiest I've seen in a good while.

I was considering either going to Soak City today or Sunlight Pool as today is the final day for both this season but after hearing that Bill Clinton is speaking at Coney Island today I'm pretty sure that I do not want to deal with crowds and security issues there and Kings Island also sounds like it will be pretty busy.......May just have to find something else today.